Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Black Horse Fieseler Fi156C Storch 2850mm ARF Discussion Thread

Product page: https://www.motionrc.com/products/bl...rch-2850mm-arf

The Fieseler Fi 156 Storch (Stork) was a German liaison aircraft built by Fieseler before and during World War II. Production continued in other countries into the 1950s for the private market. It remains famous for its excellent STOL performance and low stall speed of 31 mph (50 kmph). French-built later variants are often seen at air shows today.

The model is scaled to approximately 1:5 and attention was paid to a true to original appearance and best flight characteristics. The model can be operated using an electric power system or with an internal combustion engine about 30-35cc displacement.

Features:
    • High level of prefabrication right out of the box
    • Lightweight, strong, and fully sheeted laser cut balsa and plywood construction
    • Covered in high quality Oracover
    • Heavy-duty hinges on all control surfaces
    • Large easy access fuel tank/battery/servo access hatches with sprung loaded latches
    • Painted and detailed dummy radial engine, cockpit and interior included
    • Fiberglass control horns with ball link connector
    • Pull-Pull control system on the rudder for precision control and authority
    • comprehensive control and fitting accessories included
    • Two-piece, plug-in wings simplify transportation and assembly.
    • Fiberglass cowl
    • Mounts for both electric and gas power options included
    • Fully illustrated instruction manual included and also available for download (see tab above)
    Includes:
    • Black Horse Fieseler Fi156C Storch 2850mm (112.2") Wingspan - ARF
    Requires (Electric):Requires (Gas):
    • Engine: 30 - 35cc 2-stroke, NGH GT35R recommended or 38-42cc 4-stroke, NGH GT38 recommended
    • Gas Propeller: 18x10-20x8
    Click image for larger version  Name:	BH99 (1).png Views:	0 Size:	566.2 KB ID:	194499
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Another one I am eye-balling...Love the LE slats...I bet this one gets nice and sloooow....
    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

I cant decide the storch or the Lysander. maybe ill wait for a build guide or a flight review of both before I decide.

Comment

More of a reason for us to get a Lysander for video then :)

S

Comment

I'm thinking VERY seriously about this one. I'm a sucker for Luftwaffe warbirds. Are the struts articulated, or are they rigidly fixed?
          ---
          Warbirder

Comment

so no real pictures? The plane captions all look like video games.
            Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
              I'm thinking VERY seriously about this one. I'm a sucker for Luftwaffe warbirds. Are the struts articulated, or are they rigidly fixed?
              The only thing I would do to this airplane is spray it with a clear matte spray. The rest of the model itself is stunning. We brought in the bigger version because it simply has so much presence. I need to double-check if the main struts are suspension or not, though. I am 90% certain that they do have some integrated suspension.
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Thanks, Alpha. This is a big bird for sure, but dang, does it look awesome!!!
                ---
                Warbirder

Comment

Just curious why they short shafted the iconic legs on her? Ruins the appeal for me.

Comment

They droop in flight. Not a good comparison.
                    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	112.0 KB ID:	195213

The main gear have suspension (oleo type) at the end of the legs

CG is 115mm from LE of Slat
                      And it flies very well this model has had a matt clear coat on it

This is powered by a Eflite power 160 using 10s 5000 mah and a 18x10 prop (currently using a Painted Falcon scale civil prop not the apc shown )
                      one day i'll get around to setting up Flaperons on it...

Comment

Nice, you like the Black Horse models I take it?
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

well I have had a few of them now :)

Comment

I've had a few as well...bought them in Europe when I traveled there. And really glad they're available in the US now. Thanks Motion RC! Will post some pics tonight of my BH Fieseler Storch built 3 years ago with an OS GF40 and the BH He-111 I'm currently building in electric version. (Found it 3 months ago in a hobby shop in Italy.) Being a warbirdaholic, to steal a phrase, it's hard to find unusual models in ARF and BH does a good job selecting good subjects. The usual ARF build issues can be found but all in all great builds of awesome subjects. Sure beats scratch or plan building at my age. :)

Comment

i have a question for you terminater, on the storch did you need a lot of lead weight for c/g or was the batteries enough. was wondering because I have had esm models and those usually took around 2 pounds of dead weight to get the proper c/g. thx glenn

Comment

Used a fair bit of Weight almost a Kg I think, some people have modified the front to shift the batteries forwards is a thread on the RCME forums. also someone made up a proper oleo struts to suit..
                                My plane weights a little bit under 10kgready to fly....

One suggestion is to add a Wheel collar and fender waster to the top of the U/C struts to transfer some of the Stress of landing to the ply reinforcement.
                                as its only a threaded pin screwed in a blind nut which came loose after a while.

Weights used are the stick on wheel weights used on mag wheels.
                                Spinner is a cut down alloy spinner from HK cut down to fit over the prop washer :)
                                prop is a painted falcon 18x10 scale civil prop.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the u/c tips. Also, I searched for months for a spinner but no joy. That's a great looking spinner and I plan to copy...thanks!
                                  fyiw, mine took exactly 1lb to balance but I'm running a GF40. used lead shot formed and mounted to standoffs.

Comment

Was able to test fly my new Fieseler yesterday afternoon.... Had to add 1.5 lbs to the nose. I flew it without the cowl to test the new DLE 35RA. Didn't have to adjust it at all! Ran great... Hope to get a few more on it tomorrow, this time fully dressed with the cowl in place! Click image for larger version

Name:	Fieseler Storch 001.JPG
Views:	3106
Size:	403.1 KB
ID:	198217

Comment

I love DLEs, always had good experience with them. Congrats on your maiden! Cutting cowls after a successful maiden test flight is when I really get excited. Detailing comes next.

What is your flight duration with the DLE 35RA? Did you use the stock tank or something else?
                                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Figures you guys bring these back after I hunted all over hell's half acre to find one four years ago, after they went away the first time... and paid $847 for it. To add salt to the wound, I put it aside and still haven't gotten around to assembling it, so I could just as well have waited for MRC's. :Angry:

Comment

Working...
                                        X