X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: ALL FMS 1450mm P-51's V8 + others

Been here better than 2 years. I just lurked in the corners over there on the other site watching you guys. I didn't open my mouth much over there because of so much drama from the less desirables. Look forward to your contributions here.
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10
      Been here better than 2 years. I just lurked in the corners over there on the other site watching you guys. I didn't open my mouth much over there because of so much drama from the less desirables. Look forward to your contributions here.
      And I look forward to yours...

I'm really going to focus here for the most part I think, I'm embarrassed to say this, but I didn't know HS existed until someone in the P-38 thread over there suggested it. That's sad...I look at Motion RC A LOT...can't believe I missed this somehow

SM
      Big time propeller head
      Love flying scale and 3D
      Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

Originally posted by Starck Mad
        I had to chime in on a couple of things you fine chaps are discussing...

Regarding those who serve...my father fought on Iwo Jima, my brother flew A-4's for VMA 331, and if the doc had not found a mitral valve heart murmur during my physical at 18...I'd have joined them in the proud group that served in the USMC. Freedom isn't free, and I have the utmost respect for anyone that has served in any branch of military service. The sacrifices made by many are why we are free to be here talking models.  :)

Hobby Squawk is a great forum! What an excellent job these guys are doing. I'm seeing a lot of the guys I know and have seen on RCG. What I'm not seeing is the truck load of BS and negativity I see so much of over there...the reputation idea is great...seems to make people think before they type...you want nothing or positives, and if you have a bunch of negatives folks know to steer clear. Great idea. :D

And finally...loving my FMS 1400v8 P-51B...painted by my buddy Moonbeam in Walter Starck's "Stark Mad" scheme. Its outfitted with the 4250 motor and I fly it on 4s and 5s. Looking forward to seeing how one will do with the new 650kv motor on 4s...

Really glad to see you guys over here, and looking forward to more!

SM
        (Adam)
        Hi Adam,

I can tell you that with the 650kV motor and an APC 14x12 2-blade, the P-51 rocks! I have not tried it yet with the stock prop. I need to upgrade the ESC for that. I posted some info on this a few replies back.
        Regards,

Airzipper

Comment

Thanks Airzipper...I'll check it out. I'm curious to see what you find later with the stock prop...I have a Castle Talon 90 in mine.

SM
          Big time propeller head
          Love flying scale and 3D

Comment

Adam, welcome to HS man. Look forward to seeing pics and vids of your P-51. Guys even if you had posted pics etc.. on the other forum pls do so again here. Not everyone here has seen them and it will be good for the new guys just getting their Stangs....and as always tks for your contributions.... DJ
            FMS: PT-17, Waco, B-25, P-40, P-47, J-3
            DF: P-51D, Spitfire, geebee, Skyraider
            Dynam: Grand Cruiser, A-10
            J-pwr P-38, FZ Beaver + too many more

Comment

Hey Adam, I'm gonna have to give you your first warning on this site mate. I've told you before. No posting about your awesome B that Derik did, unless you post pictures. I'm going to let you off with a friendly warning this time - but don't do it again!

;)

DJ I've got a ton of RC vids and photos to come, thought prudent to wait for the new software since it's close.

Comment

Ok, Ok...my bad Shirty! I've got to learn to follow directions! :D

Just one problem...I tried to post my photos but I can't compress them enough to get the site to let me...any ideas?

SM
                Big time propeller head
                Love flying scale and 3D

Comment

Originally posted by Starck Mad
                  Ok, Ok...my bad Shirty! I've got to learn to follow directions! :D

Just one problem...I tried to post my photos but I can't compress them enough to get the site to let me...any ideas?

SM
                  Yeah, tried to upload a couple myself this morning, file size was too big and I don't know how to resize them on my iPad. I can do it with Windows, but it's a pain due to my laziness gene. May as well wait for the new site software, it's not far off anyway and shoukd improve the downloading of attachments etc.

Great to see all you guys coming over here as well. Much, much better place. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Shirty
                    Hey Adam, I'm gonna have to give you your first warning on this site mate. I've told you before. No posting about your awesome B that Derik did, unless you post pictures. I'm going to let you off with a friendly warning this time - but don't do it again!

;)

DJ I've got a ton of RC vids and photos to come, thought prudent to wait for the new software since it's close.
                    Shirty dont be starting trouble here now :) no prob brother, lookn forward to them. Adam, not sure what to tell you brother, I havnt had any probs, but I have only posted a couple of pics....I will mess around a bit and see what I can come up with and also send a pm to a mod... DJ

Comment

Adam,

It may have to do with the upgrade to the site. I read that Alpha mentioned some functionality "hiccups" while they implement the new site software.
                      Regards,

Airzipper

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome DJ...I'm glad to be here with you guys...like Shirty said...much better place. Hoping the site changes will help, but if you figure out anything let me know...I'll share pics of Starck Mad asap!

Adam
                        [hr]
                        Originally posted by Airzipper
                        Adam,

It may have to do with the upgrade to the site. I read that Alpha mentioned some functionality "hiccups" while they implement the new site software.
                        Thanks Zip...hoping you're right!
                        Big time propeller head
                        Love flying scale and 3D

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's just the file size mate. Some sites limit file size because it can slow down the site with the time it takes to upload etc. I wouldn't worry, aros is a good bloke and will have it sorted with the new software I'm sure. Poor bugger, I bet he is working his butt off right now.
                          [hr]
                          Hey dj, where's the bass? (Sorry, couldn't resist).

If you want to see another vid, I just uploaded my old fa18 one to the hangar thread. ;)

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's just the file size mate. Some sites limit file size because it can slow down the site with the time it takes to upload etc. I wouldn't worry, aros is a good bloke and will have it sorted with the new software I'm sure. Poor bugger, I bet he is working his butt off right now.
                            Yeah these guys are first rate at MRC...they all work their butts off and we sure are benefitting from it! :D

I hope they get it sorted soon...I don't wanna get in trouble with you again... ;)
                            Big time propeller head
                            Love flying scale and 3D

Comment

Our new flying site, its an old abandoned corporate runway....cant wait to fly the new warbirds here. It needs a bit of cleanup and maintenance but I think we are truly lucky....
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hey they looks cool mate. I've really enjoy flying off a paved runway, but it's like sandpaper on foam if something goes wrong. But at least no more nose overs due to long grass. :)

Comment

Originally posted by olwarbirds

Our new flying site, its an old abandoned corporate runway....cant wait to fly the new warbirds here. It needs a bit of cleanup and maintenance but I think we are truly lucky....
                                  Man! That's a great place! Nothing better than finding a great new place to fly...congrats on the new site man!
                                  Big time propeller head
                                  Love flying scale and 3D

Comment

For those who are having trouble with file sizes that are too large to upload as attachments here .......................
                                    If you are using a PC with Windows, you can re-size your photos easily if you open them up with "Windows Live Photo Gallery". You can then go to edit and use the re-size tool. Another option is to open the picture up with "Paint". It also has a re-size tool. Then you can "save as" in the same folder the original is in.

Comment

Ok DJ and Shirty...here she is -  My FMS 1450 P-51B...Col. Walter Starck's "Starck Mad" .

Thanks xviper! Your instructions worked like a charm!

Special thanks to my buddy Derik (Moonbeam) who painted her.

Adam
                                      Attached Files
                                      Big time propeller head
                                      Love flying scale and 3D

Comment

By the way Adam, I better be the one inheriting that plane in your will, God forgive nothing bad should happen to you of course. Hey mate, you want to go fishing when I'm in your neck of the woods, on a small boat, just the two of us, out of sight of land... ?
                                        ;-P

God I love this plane.

Comment

• RE: ALL FMS 1450mm P-51's V8 + others

By the way Adam, I better be the one inheriting that plane in your will, God forgive nothing bad should happen to you of course. Hey mate, you want to go fishing when I'm in your neck of the woods, on a small boat, just the two of us, out of sight of land...  ?
                                          ;-P

God I love this plane.
                                          Shirty,

It's officially yours in my will, but I ain't going fishin' with you... :P
                                          Big time propeller head
                                          Love flying scale and 3D

Comment

Working...
                                          X