Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It seems no seller will give any indication of when this plane will be available, not even Dynam. :Confused:
    I've been watching this page from Banggood since it was first announced. It started out with shipping around 50 cents. Then a few days ago, this ...............................

It costs nearly as much to ship it as what it costs to buy it. This seller must be insane or it's a really bad joke. It's like just another ebay seller who pads the profit margin with "shipping and handling".

Comment

• CML dist in UK still showing 7/14/17 "expected" delivery date. I'm checking the seller's sites and forums like a stockbroker checking the ticker on black friday. Im not sure how much more my wife can take.
      Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by CFIT rob View Post
        CML dist in UK still showing 7/14/17 "expected" delivery date. I'm checking the seller's sites and forums like a stockbroker checking the ticker on black friday. Im not sure how much more my wife can take.
        Interesting that a distributor that 1/2 was around the other side of the world from where this thing is manufactured can give this kind of information while nobody in the USA or even China can or will. :Thinking:
        I'm amazed at how much my wife takes. In the past few days, she's seen 3 large boxes get carried into the house and there's no doubt what's in those boxes.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
          It seems no seller will give any indication of when this plane will be available, not even Dynam. :Confused:
          I've been watching this page from Banggood since it was first announced. It started out with shipping around 50 cents. Then a few days ago, this ...............................
          https://www.banggood.com/Dynam-B-26-...p-1148228.html
          It costs nearly as much to ship it as what it costs to buy it. This seller must be insane or it's a really bad joke. It's like just another ebay seller who pads the profit margin with "shipping and handling".
          Bang good has a couple of instances of S&H charges that make no sense, obviously mistakes but never the less are still on their web site

https://www.banggood.com/Dynam-Messe...rmmds=category

I even sent Bang good an e-mail to fix the S&H amount last week, but to no avail. They do not respond to e-mail very well. I even e-mail their RC rep BG Tobey directly who did respond but said that without an order number he could not help. Thankfully there are other sites where one can buy the plane when it becomes available.

I am sure Bang good will correct their site one day.................

I see Bang good corrected their site as per the S&H charges for this plane. Bang good is actually shipping this planes now.

Comment

• Originally posted by DonRhone View Post

Bang good has a couple of instances of S&H charges that make no sense, obviously mistakes but never the less are still on their web site

I even sent Bang good an e-mail to fix the S&H amount last week, but to no avail. They do not respond to e-mail very well. I even e-mail their RC rep BG Tobey directly who did respond but said that without an order number he could not help. Thankfully there are other sites where one can buy the plane when it becomes available.

I am sure Bang good will correct their site one day.................
            I just looked and they claim that they now have stock and can ship in one day, however, with that kind of shipping ($286.00 CAN), who in their right mind would even put an order in? Motion's listed price after conversion is cheaper than their listed CAN $$ price.
            I've never seen mistakes on Banggood like this, only on ebay sellers from the USA, but I know those sellers are just plain greedy and feeding off buyer stupidity. You really think those shipping prices are a mistake? Have they been known to correct them in the past? It's too bad that SN Hobbies in New Westminster, BC don't have a very good relationship with Dynam. They don't carry much current stock and their customer service is crappy at best. The couple times I've purchased from them, it was really convenient to buy something within Canada and shipping was usually free.

Comment

• Comment

• I'll weigh in here to help quell some of the speculation.

With any new release, we prefer to publish information only after it has been physically confirmed, most often by me. In an industry where things always seem to be moving, we recognize that this information may change, but we still at all times do our best to know what we're talking about. If we don't, then we don't speak. Once we do, you'll know! When we start hooting and hollering, that's a good sign the bird is close!

In regards to the state of the B-26, being a project we've been involved in for over a year, we have been very careful about talking too soon, or overselling the product, or underestimating its ETA. As always, our priority is delivering quality, not sustaining hype. We're content to let the model speak for itself, when it's ready. Behind the scenes, the B-26 has been in production and samples have been sent out to various Dynam resellers, including us (see Ryan's preivew above... they've been busy recently with NEFI and the FlightLineRC Spitfire but they're shooting the B-26 this week). Once the first shipments are actually on the water to us, we'll begin to talk more about ETAs, preorder, etc. For a Dynam model I think it represents a good step up in terms of value and we're hopeful it's a sign of things to come.

And how do I know all this? Well, because I'm here, as I type this, literally at Dynam's factories, where I have been for some time. I'm personally sampling a large percentage of our first B-26 shipment before it departs. That's how much I like you all, ha! I cannot speak for any of those other resellers mentioned above, but I can say I haven't seen them around here lately, and I know that only a very, very small number of models have left the factory. So, be wary of what you're hearing out there sometimes. When in doubt, ask us. We'll tell it to you straight, and have pics to back it up.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170627_103311.jpg Views:	1 Size:	149.5 KB ID:	83261Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170627_102152.jpg Views:	1 Size:	98.7 KB ID:	83263
                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170627_112043.jpg Views:	1 Size:	140.6 KB ID:	83262Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170627_160901.jpg Views:	1 Size:	166.0 KB ID:	83264
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Alpha; Jun 27, 2017, 04:47 AM.
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Looking very good, will all the B-26s come with XT-60 connectors?
                  TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Alpha thanks for the info and insight. After seeing my b26 on the rack (second shelf, third from the right on the rack in the background ) I now know it will be available soon(ish). Never been a question of who I'm getting it from. Thanks again MRC.
                    Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• Rob, I thought it was second from the right? If you want the third from the right, that's fine, too. I'll rearrange. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                        Looking very good, will all the B-26s come with XT-60 connectors?
                        Yes, all Dynam's new releases will have XT60s from the start instead of T-connectors.

Comment

• That first picture reminds me of Kingman AZ cica 1946

Comment

• Hello Alpha, What's the rationale behind the red/green nav lights in the position of the landing lights :Thinking::Confused:
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Ryan, thanks for the pictures. Looking forward to the vid.
                              Alpha, thanks for the explanation. Appreciate the candor. After just receiving the A-10 from you guys, my RC budget is a little thin, so I can wait.

A little update of my last post about Banggood. They replied to me when I asked them about the outrageous shipping. They said I could pick another method when checking out. THEY LIED! There is only one shipping method and it's horrendous. I haven't lost enough brain cells yet to fall for that one. Thanks, but no thanks.

Comment

• Alpha..2 requests, No warped wings & stabs, and get the lights correct! Thanks, Doc

Comment

• Always wondered why the lights can be so hard to get right ?

Woody

Comment

• Yeah...It's like they just have a box full of lights and randomly pull them out and install them. PLEASE, PLEASE, no warped surfaces!!!! Doc

Comment

• For the non-aircraft enthusiast manufacturer in the middle of China, a bunch of blinky lights draws attention. The more it looks like a Xmas tree, the better. They may not necessarily reference authenticity. It's up to people like MRC to point out what's needed to make it right.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                                        For the non-aircraft enthusiast manufacturer in the middle of China, a bunch of blinky lights draws attention. The more it looks like a Xmas tree, the better. They may not necessarily reference authenticity. It's up to people like MRC to point out what's needed to make it right.
                                        I agree and I'd like to see this model with proper lights instead of: "oh look, it blinks! How pretty!"
                                        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                          Hello Alpha, What's the rationale behind the red/green nav lights in the position of the landing lights :Thinking::Confused:
                                          Good question, Charlie. Reference my previous statement that I think this model is a next step up, and a step in the right direction, for Dynam. That being said, there are levels of Scale Fidelity that are still secondary priorities to Cost and User Friendliness.

The lights are a good example of that progression, within the confines of certain priorities:

User Friendliness
                                          For years, Dynam has used dim lower grade LEDs. We've now changed that and the LEDs are slightly brighter with a wider current capability. In addition, Dynam's LED wires used to be terminated in cut ends --pilots would have to solder on their preferred connector to even get the lights to work. Recently, we stopped that practice, and instead had Dynam begin soldering standard servo connectors onto the lights of their PNP models. The B-26 will be the first new PNP from Dynam with its lights with these pre-soldered servo connectors. That's a big step up in User Friendliness, especially for Dynam's core audience, most of whom in our research either don't own soldering irons or don't want to have to use them on a plane like this.

Convenience
                                          Recognizing that the majority of our sales of Dynam are often to newer pilots due to Dynam's lower average price point, we went a step further and instead of expecting them to know how/where to plug in those LED connectors on their receiver, the B-26 will also include Dynam's LED driver, which includes five convenient female connectors to power the LEDs. Two of the channels are static, and three of the channels blink! I think this is definitely a step up from the lighting situation with Dynam just a few months ago. If you don't want blinking lights on the wings, plug the pre-installed LEDs into the two static ports, not the blinking ones. Choice is yours.

Customizable
                                          While the model only includes two LEDs pre-installed, the pilot now has three unused ports in the included LED driver. So for you scale modelers, mod away! Install wingtip lights and plug them into the two static ports, for example. For those of us looking to further "scale out" the aircraft, it's a three minute affair to swap out an LED, while we're busy painting the cockpit and nose and detailing the guns or cutting own bomb bay doors, etc. And while we're swapping out LED colors, we might as well swap in a brighter white LED. And while we're doing that, we might as well install a FW LED driver to only activate the landing light with the gear down, like a FlightLineRC twin that costs $100 more... My point is, Dynam's main focus is shifting toward making the shape of the aircraft more correct, making the battery hatches bigger, making the model more transportable, with better thought toward ESC placement, component access, thinner panel lines, shallower panel lines, less mold flowers on the underside of the wing, closer-to-scale propellers, etc. Essentially, to make the aircraft a good foundation for Modelers, while FIRST being a good Flyer for pilots. It's understandable that Dynam is hesitant [as am I] to make their $249 1.5m warbird just like the $349 1.6m warbirds from FlightLineRC. These are two different sandboxes.

Practicality
                                          For cost and other reasons, we did not extend the red and green LED positions out to the wingtips like the full size. The wingtip area is too thin for a properly scaled bulb and required larger, separate, more complex molds for the covers. Additionally, molding additional channels out to that specific position increased the risk of warping (for those of you concerned about that), according to our testing. Here again, flyability trumps scale, as I do not want warped wings and prefer to minimize that risk if that means omitting an LED. Regarding the light's position and colors, Dynam wanted to face the wing lights forward instead of outward on the tips so they'd be more visible and useful to pilots when orienting the wing for landing. This is another example where practicality trumped scale fidelity. Of course I would have preferred if Dynam used white lights...perhaps I can convince them, eventually (again, not all things happen overnight). For now, Dynam felt strongly that the opposing colors of red and green, would aid more in orientation for their core customers. There's that term again, and it's worth repeating... part of doing my job well mandates that I separate my preferences as a scale modeler with my requirements to deliver a mass-consumable product. By "Mass", I must recognize that, depending on the brand and pricepoint, I am often in the minority. In test flying this aircraft, I can't deny that opposing colors on a wing facing me during landing is easier to orient than a single white during landing. The test group we used for this specific model included younger, less experienced pilots, exactly because we wanted their input. Insightfully, in our research, many of Dynam's core customers, which trend toward beginners, have said they appreciate the pop of color and were less concerned that it wasn't "scale". Again, not my cup of tea, but hey, it's not always about me. :)

In summary, nothing happens overnight. Moving the needle takes time. The B-26 is Dynam's first foray back into sport scale warbirds. They've invested in things like an all-new motor and all-new counter-rotating prop molds for this B-26 instead of using the same 3 blade props that all their other twins use (you scale guys would have killed me, it sounds like). They've listened to our long list of preferences, and implemented many of them. Not all, but many. If the B-26 sells well, it will be proof to them that customers respond to these improvements, and they'll be open to continuing on that path.

And that, my friends, is about the longest post you'll ever read my any product developer on the subject of 3mm LEDs in a mid-range PNP foamie. :)

Here's a link to the LED controller that is included in every Dynam B-26:

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...roller-dy-1030

Click image for larger version  Name:	dynam-airplane-led-controller-led-light-controller-motion-rc-21373416268_1024x1024.jpg Views:	1 Size:	121.8 KB ID:	83475

Comment

Working...
                                          X