Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have not inspected it beyond just taking those pictures. Thanks for the heads up on checking those things.

Comment

• Some of you are now experiencing why I NEVER buy a 1st release. Hopefully, all the manufacturing bugs will get posted to really get a good evaluation of the finished product & necessary improvements that may be required. Hope MRC will start the problem-solving with the manufacturer.
      *** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
      *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Comment

• Still waiting, she's on the truck for delivery now. But sometimes ups doesn't get here til nearly 2200. I hope mine was packed correctly

Comment

• Also will test my 5000s soon as it arrives

Comment

• Mine came today - what a huge shipping box! I had to unpack it the living room, it was too big to go down the stairs!
            The outer cardboard box was not damaged and the inner box was pristine, which was amazing. The giant painting which would make a nice wall mural.

Inside .. the inner parts were secured (they used some glue to keep things from moving, the spar was taped) and there was brown paper packing that was probably added by the MRC crew. Pretty much identical to the picture on post 379. I ordered a battery and it was in there just loose - but somehow it didn't damage anything. I did find one rub mark/small dent on the fuse side but its not bad. Overall I think I was quite lucky. The way this thing is packaged, I would not be surprised if some guys receive birds that are all bashed up.

I haven't started the build yet but a few things I noticed:
            - Some of the guns aren't glued on properly (like it was rushed) I can pry them off and re-glue them.
            - The cockpit hatch and wing saddle hatch certainly don't fit properly, just as Hardway mentioned (but they can probably be adjusted with some fiddling/cutting/remounting the magnets)
            - The tires are beyond belief - completely reedonkulous. Along with the pilots....
            - The separate parts are neatly bagged and in those separate white boxes.
            - The model is cool as hell.
            Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by yorkiepap View Post
              Some of you are now experiencing why I NEVER buy a 1st release. Hopefully, all the manufacturing bugs will get posted to really get a good evaluation of the finished product & necessary improvements that may be required. Hope MRC will start the problem-solving with the manufacturer.
              Indeed normally I don't do the pre order thing. For those reasons, but this plane was one I was like crap I gotta get me some of that! Especially when you can pretty much count on one hand the number of models made of it

Comment

• Originally posted by MIB66 View Post
                I'm still waiting to see if a 5000 pack will fit. Does anybody know? I wonder what lighting set would work well on this.
                I just stuck my 6S 5000 Admiral in there (which is not for this plane obviously) and it fit without any problem. Plenty of room LxHxW. So big batteries can fit!.
                Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• No UPS hub in LaGrange?? LOL Or Smithville? :-) I used to live in Sealy, so I understand..... For Rifleman.

Comment

• Mine arrived today also. As others have said the packaging needs improvement. Mine had no paper cushioning or protective wrap on the fuselage. I did have some scuffing from the wing box breaking free. Really hope the P-61 gets a lot better packaging before it gets shipped. Hope you're reading/listening Motion!! ;)

Comment

• I didn't have a 5000 4 cell or I would have checked it too... Sorry!

Comment

• Also, I took the wing off and the wiring was pinched between the wing and the fuselage. The elevator and rudder servo arm screws were not tight and the servo arms are not even close to being centered. And 6 of the eight screws holding the motors to the firewall were not tight. Just a heads up... Not floating around loose, but another half turn or so to get them snug,,,

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                          No UPS hub in LaGrange?? LOL Or Smithville? :-) I used to live in Sealy, so I understand..... For Rifleman.
                          Hahaha! Exactly, you should see the hell we have with DHL out here. We've had issues with them at least 3 times where they dropped packages at the wrong address. Living out here has its ups and downs. For all the shipping slow downs the capacity to fly right out the back door with plentiful room for any size plane makes up for it.

Comment

• 4s5000s fit no problem

Comment

• I have a bunch of 3000mah, 4s. I'm going to try 2 of them in parallel, totally 6000mah and see if it'll balance.

Comment

• No damage on mine, I took it completely apart and everything was fine...I'm going to work on my nose graphic some so it will fit better, I'll repost it when I'm done. I changed those awesome wheels ;) I used 2.75" Robarts on the mains and a FMS P-39 main wheel for the nose.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170810_220803628_iOS.jpg
Views:	523
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	91999

Name:	20170810_232928750_iOS.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	92000
                                TiredIron Aviation
                                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I'm ready to test fly it

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                    No damage on mine, I took it completely apart and everything was fine...I'm going to work on my nose graphic some so it will fit better, I'll repost it when I'm done. I changed those awesome wheels ;) I used 2.75" Robarts on the mains and a FMS P-39 main wheel for the nose.

Name:	20170810_220803628_iOS.jpg
Views:	523
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	91999

Name:	20170810_232928750_iOS.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	92000
                                    Ha! Good idea ditch the monster truck wheels!

Comment

• Check the fowler flap hinges. Two of mine were barely glued. I guess I got the Friday at 4:30 in China special version... Changed the wheels first thing! Had to do it....

Comment

• This plane is a modeler's dream, there's just so much you could do with it...I see myself getting a few more of these.
                                        TiredIron Aviation
                                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Indeed, mine actually looked secure. But I'll give them a once over again

Comment

Working...
                                          X