Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping notice just arrived. Due date 10 Aug.

Gettin' geeked.

Woody

Comment

• Received my shipping notice also due 8/10 :)

Comment

• DRAT...................still have the Tiger cat to finish. :Straight-Face: :Straight-Face:

Woody

Comment

• My B26 will be delivered on August 14th.

Comment

• Due for delivery on the 10th as well!

Comment

• Comment

• Ha! I just watched that lol

Comment

• hmm. I just got a delivery notice from UPS advising that there is a package from MotionRC coming. I didn't receive a shipping notice from MRC. Its either the Marauder (probably), or the Skyhawk (not likely) or a free F-14 because I'm a happy customer (no)
                  Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Has anyone 3d printed ww2 wingnuts' B-26 files ?

Was just wondering how they turned out.

Woody

Comment

• UPS says the 26 is on the truck for delivery today. Already have my 9 channel receiver, 20 amp BEC, and gyro sitting on the bench and ready to go. About to paint the prop tips yellow (on the ones I ordered already) and program the radio while I wait (DX9).... Have a 6 pack of beer chilling for this build too!!! LOL

Comment

• Mine got into town a bit too late to make it onto the delivery truck. Likely won't see it till tomorrow.

Comment

• It is here!!! Have to move the A-10 out of the entryway to get to the front door to get to the new plane..... I know, I know..... Airplane problem!!! LOL

Comment

• The outer and inner boxes looked fine when opened. The plane, on the other hand, was not so great... The box with the wings in it had come loose from the main box. It looks like it was hot-glued down.... It crushed the end of the nacelle on the port side. Also, the main spar was supposed to be taped to the bottom of the box. That was loose and left a large depression/dent on the bottom of the fuselage... :-( Not very happy at the moment. Kind of busted my bubble. This is the first plane that has arrived this way. I am not very impressed so far...... If anyone else has the same issues, I may open a ticket with MRC. I don't know what to do short of sending it back, but that is not what I want to do... Just don't want the same thing to happen to all the folks who have ordered so far. Jerry

Comment

• I am going to have one of my beers and carry on with the build!!! :-) I guess if that is the worst that happens to the old girl, then it will all be good. It is not for a show stopper, but just to fly and have fun.... I am giving myself a pep talk now! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                The outer and inner boxes looked fine when opened. The plane, on the other hand, was not so great... The box with the wings in it had come loose from the main box. It looks like it was hot-glued down.... It crushed the end of the nacelle on the port side. Also, the main spar was supposed to be taped to the bottom of the box. That was loose and left a large depression/dent on the bottom of the fuselage... :-( Not very happy at the moment. Kind of busted my bubble. This is the first plane that has arrived this way. I am not very impressed so far...... If anyone else has the same issues, I may open a ticket with MRC. I don't know what to do short of sending it back, but that is not what I want to do... Just don't want the same thing to happen to all the folks who have ordered so far. Jerry
                                That's the one thing I've always disliked about Dynam shipping boxes. They have large expanses of empty areas with very little support and cushioning.

Comment

• Originally posted by ruffneckx1 View Post
                                  Has anyone 3d printed ww2 wingnuts' B-26 files ?

Was just wondering how they turned out.

Woody
                                  My friend is making one for me so will see friday how it came out

Comment

• Mine just arrived. :Cool:
                                    I've been reading the posts were some people have had some packing/damage issues. I got lucky as it seems someone took a little time and packed the plane in brown wrapping paper. As some have stated the box containing the outer wing panels had come loose,and also the wing spar. The wrapping paper did it's job and kept the model pretty much safe.
                                    After giving it the once over I found one small rub spot port side mid ship.
                                    My main gripe is the fit between the center section of the main wing and the top cover. The front magnet doesn't grab and leaves quite a gap.An easy fix but unnecessary. Overall I'm pleased and am looking forward to the build.

Woody

Comment

• I'm still waiting to see if a 5000 pack will fit. Does anybody know? I wonder what lighting set would work well on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                        That's the one thing I've always disliked about Dynam shipping boxes. They have large expanses of empty areas with very little support and cushioning.
                                        I guess it did make it onto the delivery truck. It just came. As you can see, this IS a huge box with lots of empty areas that is only stuffed with crumpled up paper. The picture below shows why the box needs to be as big as it is. It really needs more foam blocks to hold up those areas. Luckily, initial inspection shows no protrusion into the box.
                                        And I can understand why it cost as much as it did to ship it. The box was quite heavy, too.
                                        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2938.JPG Views:	1 Size:	95.7 KB ID:	91966
                                        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2939.JPG Views:	1 Size:	57.0 KB ID:	91967

Comment

• I had no paper in the box, not one little piece, so that explains a lot of the shifting..... And the top cover on the wing is a bad fit as stated with the magnets not catching. Also, there is a square piece of lead weight in the tail under the loose tail guns... My lead was not secured and had no trace of glue on it either...

Comment

Working...
                                          X