• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody know the size of the mains

Comment

• Originally posted by fieldofdreamsflyer View Post
      Does anybody know the size of the mains
      I'll double check but I'm pretty sure the nose is 2.25 and the mains are 2.75. I'll be checking soon I'm going back to work on my custom paint.

Comment

• here is another video. Slow flight more landings

Comment

• Great video, really looking forward to this one.
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by borntoolate View Post
            The bombers take up lots of room. They have taken my garage, my 10 x 12 greenhouse and the new 10 x 12 shed!!!:Silly: And the Marauders have not even delivered yet.

Bob
            Bob, I'm having the same problem. But, poor us with all these great planes. Happy maiden on your 26!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigrc2 View Post

Bob, I'm having the same problem. But, poor us with all these great planes. Happy maiden on your 26!
              I have 19 RC airplanes and I am taking up two guest rooms now. I think I will start building some PVC racks and use pipe insulation so I can start stacking them up.

Comment

• I have 55 planes. Can't even turn around in my shop/hangar. Another option, that I use is to hang my tail draggers by the tail wheel on the wall. Simply hammer in a large finishing nail (into a stud) and slip the tail wheel axle over the nail. You can cover the wall with planes this way. Sure a lot easier than building racks. Doc

Comment

• Originally posted by doctormike View Post
                  I have 55 planes. Can't even turn around in my shop/hangar. Another option, that I use is to hang my tail draggers by the tail wheel on the wall. Simply hammer in a large finishing nail (into a stud) and slip the tail wheel axle over the nail. You can cover the wall with planes this way. Sure a lot easier than building racks. Doc
                  I may hang my RC fleet in the garage. I would like to build one PVC rack that can hold 4 or 5 planes so I can check them out before going to the RC field. I also want a rack for for building or repairing my planes as well. I have one guest bedroom with a desk and tools and such so I can build or repair my planes that room.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony617 View Post

I may hang my RC fleet in the garage. I would like to build one PVC rack that can hold 4 or 5 planes so I can check them out before going to the RC field. I also want a rack for for building or repairing my planes as well. I have one guest bedroom with a desk and tools and such so I can build or repair my planes that room.
                    A few of the guys here on Hobby Squawk have posted photos of their PVC rack setups. They're very creative and versatile! The Freewing 80mm A-10 thread has lots of photos from different people, since it's a large aircraft.
                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

A few of the guys here on Hobby Squawk have posted photos of their PVC rack setups. They're very creative and versatile! The Freewing 80mm A-10 thread has lots of photos from different people, since it's a large aircraft.
                      I found a YouTube video for some PVC storage racks that can store multiple RC airplanes.

Comment

I found a YouTube video for some PVC storage racks that can store multiple RC airplanes.
                        Oooooh ........................................ Haute Couture - Chanel? Or Dior? Or Rucci?

Comment

Nice job there Tony! Hey, at the 1:22 mark in that video you have mustangs hanging. Which model is the one with the checkerboard nose and black rudder? Whatever it is, it looks like the real outline. Very nice scale fidelity!
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Now those planes are really susceptible to hangar rash LOL!!
                            Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Hello Everyone,

I want to say thanks to Motion RC and Dynam for putting out the B-26 Marauder, this is an absolute thrill for me.

A few years ago I was given my Grandfather's flight log book from his B-26 missions in WWII. I didn't think much of it until a recent Facebook post about two B-26 pilots that had put a bottle of Cognac in mothballs.

This got me thinking about what group or squadron my Grandfather was with. I did a good bit of research online and was able to determine which bombardment group and squadron he was with. It was easy to determine that he flew with the 386th bombardment group in the 552nd squadron thanks to the logbook.

I have been pretty hooked on the B-26 history and missions lately so I had to pre-order a Dynam B-26.

So enough yapping on my part, I have questions about paint and paint colors to try and make an accurate reproduction of his plane. The markings and paint match "Hot Pistol" which was as close as I could get.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• The paint being silver makes it pretty easy to repaint however you want, and for the graphics best to use Callie Graphics. She hooked me up with my N9Mb flying wing. You will be very happy all around. And also get some better pilot figures also you may see about getting a crew figures. That would be sweet!

Comment

• I've never painted foam, is there a type of paint or a certain brand olive drab that you can recommend? I know I can start goolging the answer but figured I might try getting advice from someone with specific experience.

Comment

• I've always been a fan of testers. But I know there's others here who have alot more experience with painting. I am not a fan of rattle can paints, I would get a paint gun.

Comment

• I like to use water based latex paint from Home Depot or Lowe's. They will match pretty much any color for you. You can get a 7.5 ounce sample can for about $3. That is enough to paint a couple of planes and have enough let over for touch-ups. You can brush it on, however, I prefer to use an in-expensive air brush. The results are simple amazing. And being water based, they dry within minutes and clean-up is simple.

Bob

Comment

• I use testors acrlic with an air brush works great you can get atestors air brush for around 20 bucks a good starter brush

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                          X