Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I find the main shaft bearing collar upgrade parts for the Abrams? I tried googling them but may not be looking for the right thing?

Comment

Originally posted by canklebreaker View Post
      Where can I find the main shaft bearing collar upgrade parts for the Abrams? I tried googling them but may not be looking for the right thing?
      Aliexpress.com it a Chinese web site but safe to buy from. It’s kinda like their Amazon.

Comment

Cool, I'm familiar with aliexpress. Is it this item: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3227...rchweb201603_?

Comment

Cool, I'm familiar with aliexpress. Is it this item: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3227...rchweb201603_?
          Nope!

Look up Heng Long Abrams parts. You are looking for bearings not a drive shaft. Although that drive shaft is also a great upgrade to the stock gearbox. I run them on most of my stock gearbox tanks.

Comment

lol think I found it...https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3288...archweb201603_
            Thats good to know regarding the drive shaft, I'll pick that up too. Its a shame there aren't any state side vendors.

Comment

lol think I found it...https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3288...archweb201603_
              Thats good to know regarding the drive shaft, I'll pick that up too. Its a shame there aren't any state side vendors.
              Yep those are the right ones.

Comment

Quick question are metal drive wheels, idler wheels and tracks compatible between the Challenger 2 and Abrams ? Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Chrislaf View Post
                  Quick question are metal drive wheels, idler wheels and tracks compatible between the Challenger 2 and Abrams ? Thanks in advance
                  Only the sprockets are compatible but you must run the corresponding track with those sprockets. Abrams track with Abrams sprockets and vise versa.

Comment

Thanks again bro you've always got the answers I need. I bought a challenger 2 with metal gearbox but plastic everywhere else and also bought an Abrams with metal tracks and wheels. I also bought metal tracks with rubber pads with corresponding drive and idler wheels for the Abrams that I now wanna put on the challenger

Comment

Thanks again bro you've always got the answers I need. I bought a challenger 2 with metal gearbox but plastic everywhere else and also bought an Abrams with metal tracks and wheels. I also bought metal tracks with rubber pads with corresponding drive and idler wheels for the Abrams that I now wanna put on the challenger
                      You will need to length the Abrams tracks by a few links. It is just a little shorter then the Challenger tracks if you want to swap them. It super easy to do.

Comment

Sweet !!!! Oh 1 more question if ya dont mind ? I picked up taigen JS-2 and was thinking about putting a KV-2 turret on it. It looks to be the same size but is it ?

Comment

Sweet !!!! Oh 1 more question if ya dont mind ? I picked up taigen JS-2 and was thinking about putting a KV-2 turret on it. It looks to be the same size but is it ?
                          Depends. There usually is a bit more involved then just swapping turrets.

Comment

Oh ok I thought if it was the same size I could just pop it on and plug it in. What other steps are there usually ?

Comment

Ok I've been looking all over the web trying to find a set of bump stops for my taigen JS-2 and I can't find them anywhere. If anyone knows where I can pick up a set I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you
                              Attached Files

Comment

Today I got my 6.1 MFU in, and noticed Heng Long opted to use a "dean" style plug for the power cable. An odd choice since the batteries they use have a Tamiya plug.

As I'm basically a noob when it comes to electronics: Why did HL switch to a different style plug? And what is best practice to adapt? I already have a spare Tamiya power cable with no plug attached to one end. Thinking of buying a separate female dean socket to create an adapter cable.

Comment

In my opinion Dean's connectors are way better than tamiya's. I use them in all my rc cars, trucks and tanks. I've had tamiya plugs meltdown in the past that's why I never use them.

Comment

Agreed, deans is superior in my experience. I use them in my airsoft guns.

Comment

Love the name canklebreaker

Comment

Originally posted by UltraVargen View Post
                                        Today I got my 6.1 MFU in, and noticed Heng Long opted to use a "dean" style plug for the power cable. An odd choice since the batteries they use have a Tamiya plug.

As I'm basically a noob when it comes to electronics: Why did HL switch to a different style plug? And what is best practice to adapt? I already have a spare Tamiya power cable with no plug attached to one end. Thinking of buying a separate female dean socket to create an adapter cable.
                                        They switch to Deans because the 6.1 has a higher amp and voltage rating and Tamiya plugs do not do well with high amp and voltages. Tamiya plugs are good to about 9 volts and 15 amps after that they get really hot and can melt with prolonged high voltage and amp draws. The 6.1 is meant to handle 3 cell Lipos (11-12v) and larger motors when combined can easily draw up to 20 amps = very hot.

Trust me the Tamiya plugs would melt and most likely burn with 12v and 20 amps flowing through them for anything much over a minute or two of use.

Comment

Love the name canklebreaker
                                          😅

Comment

Working...
                                          X