X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kestrel View Post
    With steel drive sprocket, and idler, wouldn't steel road wheels make the suspension somewhat...complete?
    My second photo above shows two different running gear setups... the Upgrade to the left and the Pro to the right.

The Professional edition *does* have metal road wheels. I call it "metal everything", if not clear in the first photo above:

Metal tracks
    Metal idler wheel
    Metal sprocket
    Metal road wheels (all of them)
    Metal wheel caps
    Metal suspension arms
    Dual bearings per arm

The cheaper versions, what are often called Basic/Standard and Upgrade, have plastic versions of all of those parts above.

A basic rule when looking at photos of any stock Heng Long tank is, "If it's painted, it's plastic".

If it's unpainted bare metal, it's... unpainted bare metal.

The Professional Edition of the King Tiger also has a metal recoiling barrel.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

My unanswered question was, can the firing function be upgraded to a more *powerful* one. Upgrade the spring to a tighter spring.?

Comment

Now there HAS to be a battéry upgrade. If there IS...I think I'll need to know...

Comment

We'll be stocking an upgrade battery with larger capacity .

As for upgrading the Airsoft firing mechanism with a stronger spring or other elements, that would have to be a DIY project undertaken by the user at his/her own risk. The factory doesn't offer upgrades since for safety reasons the Airsoft function is not meant to be too powerful or precise. It's a "neat to have".

Comment

I finally found my crystal ball under the couch. As I was dusting it of, it clearly showed a King Tiger in my future........and it kept flashing "Pro"

Comment

Where I can buy this :D

Comment

hieuntp2 Welcome to Hobby Squawk!

There are two editions of the King Tiger arriving later this month. Here are the links to the product pages. I would highly recommend entering your email into the Notify Me field on the product page, to automatically receive an email as soon as the King Tigers arrive in stock and are ready to ship. The waiting list is quite long..

1/16 Scale German "King Tiger" Henschel WW2 Heavy Tank Upgrade Edition by Heng Long - RTR - HLG3888-001 The fearsome “King Tiger” is one of the largest Ready to Run (RTR) tanks available in 1/16 scale from Heng Long, which has produced RC tanks for over 30 years. This Upgrade version features steel gears and plastic tr

1/16 Scale German "King Tiger" Henschel WW2 Heavy Tank Professional Edition by Heng Long - RTR - HLG3888-002 Built upon the famous Tiger I and mounting of the most powerful cannon of WW2, the massive Tiger II or "King Tiger" remains a popular subject to this day for static modelers and RC modelers alike. This Professio

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                  hieuntp2 Welcome to Hobby Squawk!

There are two editions of the King Tiger arriving later this month. Here are the links to the product pages. I would highly recommend entering your email into the Notify Me field on the product page, to automatically receive an email as soon as the King Tigers arrive in stock and are ready to ship. The waiting list is quite long..

https://www.motionrc.com/products/he...heavy-tank-rtr

https://www.motionrc.com/products/he...heavy-tank-rtr
                  Thank you. :D. Do you have version with Plastic chassis? Is that version 6?

Comment

Well, my notification e-mail finally arrived. I DID order the King Tiger tank. Now to see just what I get. I was assured by Motion RC that if I ordered a Pro King Tiger...a Pro King Tiger is just what I'd get.
                    Time will tell.

Comment

There's no mystery, Kestrel. If you ordered a King Tiger Pro from us, you'll receive a King Tiger Pro from us. Our system doesn't accept In Stock orders for a product unless it is in stock, and once you complete that order, that product is locked in for you.

Expect a shipping notification after the weekend, and thanks again for the opportunity to earn your business!

Comment

Historically, the King Tiger was very susseptible to mechanical and electrical breakdown. The reason being slave labor was used to assemble these monsters. Also, to the best of my knowledge, the turret was NOT powered. It had to have been a bear to drive.
                        The only "soft" spot on this vehicle was the rear of the tank. As in the movie FURY, the assaulting M4 Sherman's had to flank the Tiger in order to make a killing shot.

Comment

Hello,
                          I received my King Tiger Professional yesterday. First of all the tank does look great and I like the feel of the tracks. The manuals are kinda of terrible; mainly b/c of the poor translation and layout. With that being said, I have couple questions; so i take it on gun elevation it doesn't have a stop/limiter... (hence the clack clack from to much elevation/depression) and does the turret not rotate 360 degrees continuously? It stops over the back deck and kinda clacks again.
                          13) Press the two buttons as proscribed in the manual at the same time to cycle through the four levels of track recoil.- what two buttons adjust this?

Thank you.

Comment

sfcfury Hi Sfcfury, to answer your questions:

1) Please see Step #17 in the "Two Minute Test Drive" posted in the first post of this thread.

"17) Maneuver the turret with the left stick: Left and right traverse the turret left and right, and up and down elevate/depress the barrel up and down. Note, when you hear the "clack, clack, clack" sound, that means the turret or barrel has reached its endpoint. Cease giving it that control input."

There isn't an electronic stop/endpoint --the audible clacking sound is the mechanism's audible way of saying "stop turning/elevating/depressing me".

2) Please see #13 in page 8 of the printed TK6 manual, included with your tank. Here is a picture of that page:
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	HL-TK-6.0-6.1╨═╠╣┐╦─ú╨═╢α╣ª─▄┐╪╓╞╡Ñ╘¬-08-01.jpg
Views:	1393
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	238524

Comment

Thank you, I was looking at that page, I must have overlooked #13. The turret doesn't rotate a continuous 360? I.e. hits the stop point over back deck and must go back the other way?

Comment

Originally posted by sfcfury View Post
                                Thank you, I was looking at that page, I must have overlooked #13. The turret doesn't rotate a continuous 360? I.e. hits the stop point over back deck and must go back the other way?
                                Not all the tanks offered by HengLong have 360 turret rotation. I do not believe any of the ones Motion is carrying have that option. It can be easily added with a new aftermarket turret ring gear that takes about 15 min to install. It is super easy to do and cost anywhere from $10-$25 depending on if the ring is basic plastic or metal with bearings.

Comment

Newbie here with a Pro. After about 10 minutes the tank starts to go very slowly forward, but will go in reverse just fine. I've tried two batteries and get the same kind of performance. The motors inside are pretty warm. I would expect if it were battery charge the reverse performance would also suffer. I thought for reverse, the polarity was changed, so I'm surprised it still runs in reverse. Is this expected performance?

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMiniMetal View Post
                                    Newbie here with a Pro. After about 10 minutes the tank starts to go very slowly forward, but will go in reverse just fine. I've tried two batteries and get the same kind of performance. The motors inside are pretty warm. I would expect if it were battery charge the reverse performance would also suffer. I thought for reverse, the polarity was changed, so I'm surprised it still runs in reverse. Is this expected performance?
                                    Did you try switching the tank between “High” power mode and “Low” power mode to see if the speed is effected?

Does the tank turn with the same power equally in both directions?

Comment

Has anyone yet adjusted the track tension on the King Tiger and, if so, how'd ya do it please?

Comment

Originally posted by Tigerfeet View Post
                                        Has anyone yet adjusted the track tension on the King Tiger and, if so, how'd ya do it please?
                                        All sorted. 😁

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Not all the tanks offered by HengLong have 360 turret rotation. I do not believe any of the ones Motion is carrying have that option. It can be easily added with a new aftermarket turret ring gear that takes about 15 min to install. It is super easy to do and cost anywhere from $10-$25 depending on if the ring is basic plastic or metal with bearings.
                                          Rubicon, where would you get that turret ring?

Comment

Working...
                                          X