X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Yes the parts are unpainted. This is their way of showing that the parts are metal. They have been doing it this way for several years and it is not going to change so don’t waist to much time overthinking the lack of paint.

Best just to repaint the tank or simply paint the bare metal.
    Ah ok - thanks for the information. Weird how they wouldn't paint the metal tracks and wheels.

Is there an advantage between the plastic hull/wheels/tracks and metal hull/wheels/tracks?

Comment

I can't wait for Heng Long to start mass producing all their tanks again!

Comment

I believe Motion RC posted a notice that Heng Long was changing their business model, would cycle through which tanks they would have in production. So, not all the tanks all the time, unless demand increases to the point they want to. Recently I saw on eBay that HL was selling 7.0 Panther G's, which hadn't been widely seen for more than a year. Maybe it's their turn in the cycle? Earlier there was a spate of 7.0 Sturmgeschutzes (geschutzii?) released.

Bottom line, hunting for what you want is part of this niche hobby, and if you see what you like, don't hesitate. Click!
        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Totally agree. Same things for spared parts. Buy them when you see them available. You never know when your tank breaks down and needs the upgrade.

Comment

Went to Motion to buy a 1.6m Corsair. Checked out with a Corsair, a Kubelwagon, and a King Tiger. I'm excited to have the King Tiger, to go with Tiger I that I've had for a few years. All three arrived today. I'm like a kid in a candy story. My wife is gonna kill me, if she ever figures out that I bought all of these toys in one sitting. LOL
            ---
            Warbirder

Comment

You'll love it. It's one of my easy tanks. No maintenance, just run it...

Comment

Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                Went to Motion to buy a 1.6m Corsair. Checked out with a Corsair, a Kubelwagon, and a King Tiger. I'm excited to have the King Tiger, to go with Tiger I that I've had for a few years. All three arrived today. I'm like a kid in a candy story. My wife is gonna kill me, if she ever figures out that I bought all of these toys in one sitting. LOL
                With all those planes in your tag line I'm going to assume you are already good at hiding purchases from her...LOL You'll be fine. ;)

Comment

tank_me, now that I've been working from home quite a bit, it's much easier to intercept the UPSman at the front porch, so that big brown boxes don't sit on the porch for long. My wife's a sweetie, though. She knows that she married a big boy who likes his toys. LOL I am a warbird guy though. I've got way more than I can fit in a character limit of the tagline. I'm probably close to a 100 aerotoys by now, most of the 'em are still flyable. I also have two tanks (including this one) and a few ground pounders (1/6 FMS Jeep, 1/12 (or is it 1/18) Kubel Wagon (just purchased), 1/10 Axial Honcho (converted to a Follow-me USAF truck, and 2 or three off-road sport trucks.

Evan D , I've already run it around the house a few times. It is a gem. I got the Pro Version and it is a hoss
                  ---
                  Warbirder

Comment

Hello tankers and good day!

I just ordered me a “pro” version today and was wondering if this would come with a TK6 or the latest TK7 MFCB?
                    MotionRC says it comes with a TK7 but on the first page of this thread says a TK6?

Also, for painting the metal parts and to get close to the main body’s (yellow) color.
                    Should I use the TS-3 Dark Yellow or the TS-46 Light Sand?
                    Any suggestions ?

Comment

Originally posted by Vash_Stepler View Post
                      Hello tankers and good day!

I just ordered me a “pro” version today and was wondering if this would come with a TK6 or the latest TK7 MFCB?
                      MotionRC says it comes with a TK7 but on the first page of this thread says a TK6?

Also, for painting the metal parts and to get close to the main body’s (yellow) color.
                      Should I use the TS-3 Dark Yellow or the TS-46 Light Sand?
                      Any suggestions ?
                      Good afternoon,

The original post was from 2019 so that's what they offered then. I got my KT from Motion last December and just as listed on their site it came with 7.0.

For me since I don't have an airbrush the Tamiya TS-46 looked closest to the out of box color. I did also apply a filter to unify the 3 tone camouflage. So when that was applied to the whole tank and metal bits it is all very close. To me it wasn't a huge issue if it wasn't exactly the same since the fenders covered the wheels more than other tanks that I have and I weathered the wheels so they're pretty close to the rest of the tank.

The following is TS-46 with A. Mig 1510 filter applied. You can see the inside sprocket and idler wheels minus the filter and dirt to compare-
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	QaAT9Xo.jpg Views:	0 Size:	160.3 KB ID:	373563
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	OLegUq5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	164.9 KB ID:	373564
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	3LWlFNi.jpg Views:	0 Size:	182.3 KB ID:	373565Click image for larger version  Name:	dmLdxjh.jpg Views:	0 Size:	199.0 KB ID:	373566

Comment

The TS-46 looks different on my Panther since I didn't use a filter but did use similar pigments and weathering-
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	TBz9E06.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	373568Click image for larger version

Name:	R5uG5OT.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	373569Click image for larger version

Name:	RorcJ49.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	373570The TS-3 is too dark for me, but the TS-46 with the Filter is pretty close.

Comment

Hello MrChef,

Thank you for verifying what version of MFCB I’ll be getting with my order. I don’t know a lot about the difference between them but I red that TK7’s got a couple upgrades over TK6. So, that’s good to know

Gee, you went deep with those weather effects. Envyingly excellent work!
                          I don’t think I have the skills to do those yet but let me share a pic of my Panther Type G (with TS-7, TS-33, and TS-46) and M26 Pershing (with TS-5) without any effects…
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	AFCA9B79-E25C-4CDC-9BEA-D189FEDCDFCC.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	262.6 KB
ID:	373613
                          I’m just going to stick with the wear and tear effects for now

Comment

Your Pershing and Panther are looking good!

Comment

fresh out from the factory

Comment

I got the two the king tiger and the m1a2 Abrams I like Tham both only one problem when I got both of these tank half of the smoking oil leak out

Comment

Yes both bottles

Comment

They need to fix the bottle so that they don't leak

Comment

Just received the “King Tiger Henschel Upgrade Edition”. (Also got the Tiger 1 S33 tank; very similar impressions)
                                      A sticker on the bottom of the King Tiger tank reads “7.0 Edition”, and the manual states “V:7.0”

Thought I’d write about my experience with the current stock being delivered.

Overall, quality seems very good. Having to glue in the controller sticks is a bit goofy, but the fit and finish of the tank are pretty good. Although the various attachments (cables, hooks, shovels, etc.) are nicely painted, the seemingly oversized tank commander is solid green. It’s a hefty beast, and so far I’m pleased.

I was impressed to find metal Rocker Arms for the road wheels.
                                      One 1800mAh Li-Ion 2S battery with a TAMIYA connector (NOTE: not an XT-60 connector as advertised!) and 2S balance-lead
                                      (to charger) was in the box.
                                      Everything works as expected; limited turret rotation (320*), limited vertical barrel movement, and programmable modes.
                                      Both the IR and bb-shooter work well;
                                      there is no barrel recoil (but the tank can be programmed to rock upon firing - Off, Light, Med, Hard)
                                      The instructions are mostly gibberish, but the pictures help.
                                      There was NO instruction manual for the controller included, but the one I received with the Tiger 1 was very helpful for
                                      programming & most of the things listed could be done with the King Tiger. I’d have been lost without it, so would
                                      recommend finding one and printing it.
                                      The USB balance-lead charger that comes in the box lights up solid red when first plugged in to power.
                                      When the battery is hooked up, the charger also flashes green.
                                      When the battery is charged, there is only a steady green light.​

Comment

Hello all, I just received my new king tiger but I’ve not had a chance to take it out of the box yet. I got the professional addition. Two questions if anyone can help

1. can the metal tracks drive on concrete / pavement for extended amounts of time or will end up damaging the track?

2. being this is a lithium ion battery when not being used I know it should be at a storage charge. I can’t see any way with this little USB charger It comes with to ensure it’s at a storage charge. I assume that the tank will automatically turn off at a certain voltage point while being used. If that is the case, is that an appropriate storage charge?

thanks in advance. This is my first heng along tank, so looking forward to it

Comment

• Originally posted by Goose246 View Post
                                          Hello all, I just received my new king tiger but I’ve not had a chance to take it out of the box yet. I got the professional addition. Two questions if anyone can help

1. can the metal tracks drive on concrete / pavement for extended amounts of time or will end up damaging the track?

2. being this is a lithium ion battery when not being used I know it should be at a storage charge. I can’t see any way with this little USB charger It comes with to ensure it’s at a storage charge. I assume that the tank will automatically turn off at a certain voltage point while being used. If that is the case, is that an appropriate storage charge?

thanks in advance. This is my first heng along tank, so looking forward to it
                                          1. The tracks can be run on concrete and hard surfaces with no problems.

2. Dump the stock battery and buy a proper one with a proper charger. The HL stock battery and method of charging is absolute junk.

Comment

Working...
                                          X