Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you for the advice and that’s a very generous offer! Learning how to airbrush and get an airbrush is on my list of things to do, but I do not have one at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goose246 View Post
      If anyone knows of an off the shelf, rattle can paint to match the mustard yellowish color let me know. The best I could do was krylon camo khaki. Turned out decent, but definitely lighter than the factory yellow
      Agreed with SocalBob. There isn't any off the shelf paint that will be an exact match to the Heng Long paint but paints can be applied and tweaked to blend.

My previous post discusses what I did and the paint I used. There are pf course other options and other members may have other ideas to share. https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...562#post373562

Heres what I did. Tamiya TS46 light sand on the wheels and used a Ammo/Mig paint filter 1501 for 3-tone German camo to unify the look. And of course used Panel liner and pigments on the wheels.

As for the decals. The Heng Longs on the King Tiger are bad but aren't as horrible as some of their others but they are Thick, especially the turret numbers. I have found Since doing the decals on my King Tiger that If I applied a matte clear coat over the decals that they would blend better but sorry the HL decals still won't be what you are looking for.

Another suggestion to unify the Heng Long paint job on the tank out of the box would be before doing anything apply a matte clearcoat then set about doing the rest. I learned this After I did any work on my KT though. So yes a repaint will be down the road.

I hope that helped.

Comment

• It does help thank you!

Comment

• Good morning all, since my king tiger came with a place for six towing lugs, but only came with four lugs. I’d like to add the extra two upfront. I did a quick search of king tiger accessories, but there is a torrent of things that come up. Anyone know if it’s possible to just get the sprue with the lugs on it?

Comment

• Contact Toucan via email. They have replacement parts not listed on the website. Or, check at Matomart. They sell metal lugs.
            Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

• Well, of course the first time I had it out at my girlfriend’s house I lost one of the center hubcap covers, and it blends in perfectly with the terrain. After hours looking, I gave up. I have already reached out to toucan and Matomart about replacement sets, but if anybody has one They want to send me so I don’t have to order from overseas I would be happy to pay you up front
              Attached Files

Comment

• Wow…. These metal caps are absolute unicorns. I reached out to toucan hobby and he can’t even find any. (He is awesome by the way. Great customer service at toucan)

I assume the plastic caps will fit on the metal wheels? Can anyone confirm before I buy them ? Thank you

Comment

• Plastic road wheel caps fit plastic road wheels and metal road wheel caps fit metal road wheels. They will not fit plastic to metal or metal to plastic without extra fabrication to make them fit or glue them on.

Comment

• Well that’s disappointing

Comment

Wow…. These metal caps are absolute unicorns. I reached out to toucan hobby and he can’t even find any. (He is awesome by the way. Great customer service at toucan)

I assume the plastic caps will fit on the metal wheels? Can anyone confirm before I buy them ? Thank you
                      I actually packed away the metal wheel caps and use the plastic wheel caps on all my tanks. Many of the plastic cap were a slight pressure fit to the metal wheel and stays in place very well. If the plastic cap turns out to be under sized, I paint its rim with acrylic paint to help the adhersion. In all cases, I paint the cap and wheel with 2-3 layers of acrylic paint to reinforce the holding. I prefer paint over CA glue because the cap can be removed if necessary.

I do not have the HL King Tiger and cannot comment on whether my suggestion will work on it.

Comment

• Thanks! Plastic caps on way from Ali express so we’ll see what I can do

Comment

• Nobody will know they are plastic except you.....and now all of us!

(I've had to do the same on my metal wheels.)
                          Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                            Nobody will know they are plastic except you.....and now all of us!

(I've had to do the same on my metal wheels.)
                            I use plastic caps on my tank wheels because the plastic cap molding is usually much sharper than the metal cap casting, thus takes wash much better. A small, but significant improvement in appearance and the thick painting helps them to stick to the wheels better too. (The heavier metal cap falls off easily if I do not CA glue them.)

Comment

• Originally posted by keilau View Post
                              I use plastic caps on my tank wheels because the plastic cap molding is usually much sharper than the metal cap casting, thus takes wash much better. A small, but significant improvement in appearance and the thick painting helps them to stick to the wheels better too. (The heavier metal cap falls off easily if I do not CA glue them.)
                              I guess I'm the only one who taps them in with a hammer and wooden dowel. After painting a primer and base coat they have a snug fit. I dab a shot of light thread lock. Lucky enough I haven't lost one yet, but because I just said that I'll probably start losing them left and right now.😝😖😲

Comment

• Originally posted by MrChef View Post

I guess I'm the only one who taps them in with a hammer and wooden dowel. After painting a primer and base coat they have a snug fit. I dab a shot of light thread lock. Lucky enough I haven't lost one yet, but because I just said that I'll probably start losing them left and right now.😝😖😲
                                i must admit that I never tap the plastic cap in with a hammer and wooden dowel. I use my thumb to push it in. I did what I did mostly for look. The lighter weight is a bonus to keep it from falling off.

Comment

• Well, I borrowed a metal detector and look what came up!
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Well, as a previous user said, the plastic caps will not fit on the metal wheels. By the time I filed them down enough to fit in the hole on the wheel, the plastic just disintegrated.

Comment

• According to toucan hobbies, the model is so new they don’t have replacement parts yet. If anybody happens to ever see these come available as replacement parts please let me know!

Comment

According to toucan hobbies, the model is so new they don’t have replacement parts yet. If anybody happens to ever see these come available as replacement parts please let me know!
                                        This should work for you.
                                        1:16 3888A RC tank spare part|metal driving wheels for king tiger| - henglong parts- Aliexpress

Comment

• All I need is the hubcaps but that may be the only to get them at this point! Thanks for the link!

Comment

Working...
                                          X