Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's incredible. I started building at the same time and the tanks got me through all the Covid lockdowns. My funds and space available hit their limit though😀

Comment

• Originally posted by Panzermechaniker View Post
      That's incredible. I started building at the same time and the tanks got me through all the Covid lockdowns. My funds and space available hit their limit though😀
      I used to have tanks in the 1/6 scale. So after switching over to 1/16, I have plenty of rooms :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	116IMG_0102.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	373410Click image for larger version

Name:	116IMG_0104.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	373411Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of Picture 110.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	264.8 KB
ID:	373412Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0057.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	373413Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9005.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	373414

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	116Picture_011.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	373417Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 004.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	373418Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 015a.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	373419

Comment

• Finally a good thing that came out of the Covid situation.
          I build my fleet (15 HL by now) as well in that time frame.
          Mostly due to availabilty in local shops and my financial situation.
          Only ordered the KV1 from Toucan RC to complete the WW2 series.

CCC

Comment

• Three tanks, either in or enroute to Ukaine:

Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

• Awesome Bob! I really like the Camo on the Abrams. So you have been following current tanker news as well... Methinks this is the perfect time to add a Challenger to your stable since they're sending a few of those as well. Hint, hint.

Comment

• The same tanks as before, from a different perspective. This clip has some bloopers. One is when the T-90 fires, the IR reflects from a window behind the camera and makes the Abrams react. Another is when the Leopard fires the first time, it was set in airsoft launch mode. The third is the presence of an HL IR receiver on the Abrams. Oopsie doopsie!

Comment

• A Mato Sherman painted in a 1960's IDF scheme. Perfect tank for L.A.tank battles!

Name:	IMG_3359.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	238.3 KB
ID:	373789Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3361.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	261.6 KB
ID:	373791

What, you say they didn't have this tank there?

Name:	M4 Israeli 02.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	373792

Attached Files

Comment

• A Heng Long Leopard 2A6. Pretty much stock, metal suspension. The main difference is that I repainted it. It's the same scheme, but repainting it eliminated the bare plastic green. Another reason I did it is to use my paints so if there are any changes in the future, I can keep it consistent. It took a little work to make the suspension reliable with washers on the sprocket and adjustment of track tension, but it's running well now.

Out of the box. Actually not bad.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Leopard 2A6 15.jpg Views:	0 Size:	264.2 KB ID:	373800

Repaint, panel lining, metal paste edging, a little dusting. Subtle in photos, but definitely an improvement in my opinion.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3362.jpg Views:	0 Size:	289.0 KB ID:	373801

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3364.jpg Views:	0 Size:	340.6 KB ID:	373802

Comment

• My Jagdpanther project is coming along slowly but surely. I think it looks pure Evil in primer Grey-

Name:	tg19h8d.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	373921

Name:	Lqyfq7z.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	373922Click image for larger version

Name:	0WOJQhE.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	373923

Comment

• Finally got my Leopard onto our battlefield in the (misty) sun!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Leopard 2A6 17.jpg Views:	3 Size:	198.6 KB ID:	373985Click image for larger version  Name:	Leopard 2A6 21.jpg Views:	3 Size:	243.3 KB ID:	373986Click image for larger version  Name:	Leopard 2A6 20.jpg Views:	3 Size:	156.3 KB ID:	373984Click image for larger version  Name:	Leopard 2A6 25.jpg Views:	3 Size:	174.5 KB ID:	373987

Pay no attention to the ghostly roller coaster in the third photo!

Comment

• Awesome pictures Bob!

Nice to see that cat out there. The 1st and 3rd pictures are epic. The haze makes it so surreal.

I've been on the fence with a Modern MBT but I think you sold me on the Leopard.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrChef View Post

I've been on the fence with a Modern MBT but I think you sold me on the Leopard.
                            I've always preferred WW2 armor myself, but in tank battles, my Panzer III against an Abrams looks sorta incongruous!

Comment

• My current project

Name:	20230318_165452.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	374017

Comment

• MrChef, this should close the deal for you!

(It's just the tank running around a bit.)

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                                  A Heng Long Leopard 2A6. Pretty much stock, metal suspension. The main difference is that I repainted it. It's the same scheme, but repainting it eliminated the bare plastic green. Another reason I did it is to use my paints so if there are any changes in the future, I can keep it consistent. It took a little work to make the suspension reliable with washers on the sprocket and adjustment of track tension, but it's running well now.

Out of the box. Actually not bad.

Click image for larger version Name:	Leopard 2A6 15.jpg Views:	0 Size:	264.2 KB ID:	373800

Repaint, panel lining, metal paste edging, a little dusting. Subtle in photos, but definitely an improvement in my opinion.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3362.jpg Views:	0 Size:	289.0 KB ID:	373801

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3364.jpg Views:	0 Size:	340.6 KB ID:	373802
                                  I like the repaint and detailing, What products did you use for the repaint?

Thanks

Comment

• I sprayed Tamiya's Nato Green overall, then airbrushed their Nato Brown and Nato Black. A dark brown panel liner. Brown pigment with white spirit to darken the wheels. An iron paste to highlight edges. Dust pigment to tone it down. Clear flat spray to affix it.

As a rule, I'm not a fan of the "Kursk mud wallow" and "ten years of rust" type of weathering that one sees on static kits. I'm not against it but I like to let real dust and dirt do their thing. My aim is mostly to remove the shiny plastic texture.

Comment

• After a long layoff from RC due to medical issues, finally had some time to complete the T-34/85.
                                      THis one arrived at the front without markings and was hastily painted with mops & rags. The new crew also delivered a very important morale cargo to the tank platoon.
                                      When the ground thaws ,will build a mud pit in the flower garden and 'naturally' weather the road wheels and tracks.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• Bob, Super Leopard looks great.

Comment

• Excellent work Greg. Love the T-34 & the Stoli.

Comment

Working...
                                          X