ID:	386264 Click image for larger version

Name:	01FB05F3-096C-46CF-ACE5-746FA473A1C0.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	386265
      RC tank parts and accessories I make
      www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

• Since i’m from the UK, i thought i’d fly the flag for the challenger 2. Haven’t seen much use of camo netting on this thread - what do you guys think? (It’s not quite finished)

Comment

• I like it! Just the right amount.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatchling88 View Post
            Since i’m from the UK, i thought i’d fly the flag for the challenger 2. Haven’t seen much use of camo netting on this thread - what do you guys think? (It’s not quite finished)
            The Challenger 2 is actually pretty popular here in the states. We have a rapidly growing following of hobbyist that are getting more into the Cold War / Modern tanks so the Challenger fits right in.

Camo netting is difficulty to "get right" because so much of what is available it is substantially out of scale and thus people don't use it much. It also tends to get caught up on brush and obstacles when running outdoors. That said I like camo netting and your tank looks good wearing it.

Here is just one of the Challenger 2s we had at the last San Diego "Modern / Cold War" drive and battling day event. Notice it has some camo netting on the barrel. Click image for larger version  Name:	A3CA2C28-EF3C-459D-A027-DE2746B4EC6C.jpg Views:	0 Size:	152.8 KB ID:	386342

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

The Challenger 2 is actually pretty popular here in the states. We have a rapidly growing following of hobbyist that are getting more into the Cold War / Modern tanks so the Challenger fits right in.

Camo netting is difficulty to "get right" because so much of what is available it is substantially out of scale and thus people don't use it much. It also tends to get caught up on brush and obstacles when running outdoors. That said I like camo netting and your tank looks good wearing it.

Here is just one of the Challenger 2s we had at the last San Diego "Modern / Cold War" drive and battling day event. Notice it has some camo netting on the barrel. Click image for larger version Name:	A3CA2C28-EF3C-459D-A027-DE2746B4EC6C.jpg Views:	0 Size:	152.8 KB ID:	386342
              Thanks Rubicon99 and ezmoneychuck. You both raise good points. Less is definitely more as the tank looks amazing by itself (as shown in Rubicon99’s awesome photo). I spent more time than you would imagine putting that camo on, trying go make it look balanced and yet a little random. I guess i can always take it off if the end result isn’t great, especially if it causes problems with field running too.
              Will post photos of the finished product and listen to your comments

Comment

• Finished my Panther G Redux! Here is Panther 213 out on first maneuvers with Jagdpanther 121.

Comment

Since i’m from the UK, i thought i’d fly the flag for the challenger 2. Haven’t seen much use of camo netting on this thread - what do you guys think? (It’s not quite finished)
                  Thats at least two of us Brits on here then. We’ll have to make a bid to dominate. Great looking Challenger you have there. My favourite tank is the Challenger and the Leopard A6.

Comment

• For Meter Rat & Hatchling88:

A while back I made a video clip celebrating my Challenger, in San Diego, California. Here's a link:

Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	1D7D4000-9E80-4065-B8C4-583D137A1520.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	386668 2nd Gulf War veteran.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meter Rat View Post
                        Click image for larger version

She is pretty. Just don't get her pregnant.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrChef View Post

She is pretty. Just don't get her pregnant.
                          It’s like a drunk girl on high heels. Needs lots of support, and collapses when you get it home.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                            For Meter Rat & Hatchling88:

A while back I made a video clip celebrating my Challenger, in San Diego, California. Here's a link:

Very professional looking paint job, looks perfect for the terrain she’s patrolling! Does get me concerned that such shrubs will tear up camo netting though 😬

Meter Rat - great tusk bodykit! Has anyone else added other mods or things like stowage etc?

Lovely to see the little rush of challengers we’ve had! Keep ‘em coming!

Comment

Very professional looking paint job, looks perfect for the terrain she’s patrolling! Does get me concerned that such shrubs will tear up camo netting though 😬!
                              Thanks! I’ve tried netting, but we run our tanks through some dense brush, so netting on sides catches, and netting on the turret can catch on protrusions when traversing. When I do put some on, I use double sided carpet tape. It’s thin, pretty transparent, quite strong, and doesn’t damage the paint when it’s taken off - or torn off!

Comment

• Getting ready for the 2023 San Diego October War event. Tongde Centurion vs Heng Long T-34/85. Comparing the two head to head helps realize why one side won!

Name:	IMG_E0169.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	256.0 KB
ID:	386903

Name:	IMG_E0170.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	386904

Name:	IMG_E0171.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	285.6 KB
ID:	386906

Name:	IMG_E0171.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	285.6 KB
ID:	386908

Also a closeup of my new Centurion:

Name:	IMG_E0174.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	351.4 KB
ID:	386907
                                Attached Files

Comment

Very nice tank, but it has me wondering… is that the henglong m1a2?

Comment

• Originally posted by Quakinking1 View Post

Nope. Heng Long British Challenger 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quakinking1 View Post

Thank you for the appreciation.

Forgive my old English. Ye of little comprehension. It’s a British Challenger 2, with upgraded TES. Theatre Entry Standard.
                                      It is known as Ya Bastard due to being British and it brakes a lot. Yes it is a Heng Long. It has metal road wheels, return roller, drive sprockets, metal tracks with rubber pads, cannon recoil, smoke and flash, an expensive up amour kit, and up graded motors and gearbox for a scale speed. The paint and call signs are on a Royal Tank Regiment tank. But the sodding thing still breaks. I have a love/hate relationship with it. Don’t go there. Stick with your Tiger young Padawan.
                                      Ask your parents.

See Star Wars reference.

Regards Ian

Comment

• Originally posted by tank_me View Post

Nope. Heng Long British Challenger 2.
                                        Give the boy a chance…

Comment

Thank you for the appreciation.

Forgive my old English. Ye of little comprehension. It’s a British Challenger 2, with upgraded TES. Theatre Entry Standard.
                                          It is known as Ya Bastard due to being British and it brakes a lot. Yes it is a Heng Long. It has metal road wheels, return roller, drive sprockets, metal tracks with rubber pads, cannon recoil, smoke and flash, an expensive up amour kit, and up graded motors and gearbox for a scale speed. The paint and call signs are on a Royal Tank Regiment tank. But the sodding thing still breaks. I have a love/hate relationship with it. Don’t go there. Stick with your Tiger young Padawan.
                                          Ask your parents.

See Star Wars reference.

Regards Ian

Haha nice reference, thanks for the tank knowledge! I bet it’s a pain to put those tracks on if they slide off, so many screws that would need to be done. Anyways, nice tank!

Comment

Working...
                                          X