Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ur advice is invaluable...I checked out the motion we

Comment

Thank Ur information is invaluable...I checked out motion website and prices seem great...any suggestions for a tank...just hope they ship to hawaii

Comment

So let’s talk professional bulldog. I’m about two months into owning the bulldog and this tank is becoming my favorite of the three I have access to. Something about the way this tank looks and the suspension really set it apart from the others I have played with. The BB gun is super powerful and the tank has no problem driving in the grass unlike my two upgrade edition tanks (as expected). Check out the video I really tried to put it through it’s paces and show how capable this tank is.

Comment

I've got the Walker Bulldog Pro with metal gears and tracks. I have to stop occasionally to put the tracks back into there proper guide(?) as the seem to side step the drive sprocket in turns. I think that this is due to the springs not being strong enough to hold the added weight of the metal gears. I would like to change the springs to add more height. Putting weight in the front of these tanks will only lessen the track tension more, and make the problem worst. Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonneville67 View Post
            I've got the Walker Bulldog Pro with metal gears and tracks. I have to stop occasionally to put the tracks back into there proper guide(?) as the seem to side step the drive sprocket in turns. I think that this is due to the springs not being strong enough to hold the added weight of the metal gears. I would like to change the springs to add more height. Putting weight in the front of these tanks will only lessen the track tension more, and make the problem worst. Your thoughts would be much appreciated.
            I have the same problem with my standard version with Plastic tracks.
            With moderate turns on low grass for example the tracks tend to walk off slowly in driving turns.

Comment

The tracks are too loose and need to be tensioned. Take one link out of each track. This will tighten the tracks and go a Long way to retaining them.

Also there is an improved sprocket that has retaining rings. If you do not have this sprocket type on your M41 it is worth the $20 to do so.

The next option to to dump the M41 tracks and sprockets all together and moving to the M26 sprocket and tracks. These have far greater ability to stay on.

Comment

The tracks are too loose and need to be tensioned. Take one link out of each track. This will tighten the tracks and go a Long way to retaining them.
                I'm new to tanks, (this is my first), So how is this done? Is there a master link? what should I look for?

Comment

I'm new to tanks, (this is my first), So how is this done? Is there a master link? what should I look for?
                  There is no master link. Simply pinch the pins out, remove a link and tap pins back in place.

Comment

Although I'm not ready yet to do so, I'm thinking of using an M41 in the IR battles in Mission Bay. I'd like to keep my other tanks pretty much stock, but the M41 seems like a good candidate. I'd remove the smoker and the airsoft launcher, and add the Lego DEI IR electronics. Any thoughts, opinions?

Another question; is the battery compartment the standard large size, not T-72'ish? That'd be another plus, room for high capacity batteries.
                    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                      Although I'm not ready yet to do so, I'm thinking of using an M41 in the IR battles in Mission Bay. I'd like to keep my other tanks pretty much stock, but the M41 seems like a good candidate. I'd remove the smoker and the airsoft launcher, and add the Lego DEI IR electronics. Any thoughts, opinions?

Another question; is the battery compartment the standard large size, not T-72'ish? That'd be another plus, room for high capacity batteries.
                      The M41 is a good all around performer. I use mine more then any other tank for battles. In the silty dirt & sand, wide open areas and overgrown section of that field they have proven more then capable.

The battery box is standard size not the small one like on your T72.

The only issues stock M41s have are with their track retention. It would be a good idea (if yours did not come with) to add the M41 sprockets with track guide retaining rings. Also a set of drive axle support bearings. The bearings though will require a bit more work then with your T72.

There are other things that you can do to make the M41 really shine but this thread is not the place to discuss them. PM me if you like and I can give you the run done.

Comment

I'm in the middle of an M41 upgrade into a hardcore 100% Tamiya compatible IR battle tank. I'm going all in and using the Tamiya T11 DMD so it is 100% Tamiya compatible with the options for weight and damage programming. With all extra upgrade parts it is a fairly expensive upgrade with new motors, tracks, all metal gear plus metal struts, Tamiya DMD and high voltage battery. Problem is I'm STILL waiting on a few specific parts (after two months from ordering) to have everything I need to complete the mods.

Yes, the M41 has the larger battery box but all that can be cut out/modified in any tank as long as there is room inside.

I plan on posting the entire modifications that Rubicon99 has so graciously advised me about on how to make a top end 100% IR battle machine. I could have saved a a little over $300 by keeping it Heng Long instead of using the Tamiya DMD and associated electronics but I have three other tanks now that fit that bill. This is going to be really cool. I hope!

Comment

Couple questions since there are a bunch of long-term M41 owners in here - I have an M41 that I bought back in like 2010 or something. It has all the internals of the old 27Mhz tanks that I've since torn out, and will be replacing with a 6.1S board once the elmod unit I ordered for my chally arrives (I'll be kitbashing it to be a "modernization" then making up some excuse about how it's using some Leo 2-like powerpack to justify a Bulldog making Leopard 2 sounds ;p).

My main question is - has anyone removed the pins the shocks are mounted on successfully? I bought a full set of metal running gear (road wheels, idlers, suspension arms, idler, and new metal shocks) online. The pins on my hull are all seemingly expoxied in really well though, and anything I could use to loosen them is just likely to mar or weaken the plastic on the hull (iirc). I was trying to do a teardown before my parts arrive sometime later this week but had to stop as I was worried I'd just damage the hull. I also think the design of the plastic around the sprockets has changed in newer editions too, as this one appears to "reach" out towards the sprocket more. Anyone know if there are places I can find drive axle support bearings for this thing? I'm thinking of dropping in one of the clutching gearboxes that Heng Long appears to be releasing soon (vendors have named em, and they briefly appeared on toucanhobby's ebay store) and those in particular seem to benefit from drive axle support given the design of the gearbox. If not, I'll probably just measure it out.

Regardless, looking forward to getting my old girl up and running again. She was my first RC tank and how I got into this hobby properly, so it's time for me to apply all the new skills I have to bring her forward. (also, holy crap, how far the tech has come! I stopped doing tanks during school and the start of my career in ~2014 and wow!! we're spoiled with these Tk6.1 boards folks I tell you what!)

Glad to see people appreciate the suspension travel on this tank as well. I think only the Challenger 2 can compete on that front.

Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                          I'm in the middle of an M41 upgrade into a hardcore 100% Tamiya compatible IR battle tank. I'm going all in and using the Tamiya T11 DMD so it is 100% Tamiya compatible with the options for weight and damage programming. With all extra upgrade parts it is a fairly expensive upgrade with new motors, tracks, all metal gear plus metal struts, Tamiya DMD and high voltage battery. Problem is I'm STILL waiting on a few specific parts (after two months from ordering) to have everything I need to complete the mods.

Yes, the M41 has the larger battery box but all that can be cut out/modified in any tank as long as there is room inside.

I plan on posting the entire modifications that Rubicon99 has so graciously advised me about on how to make a top end 100% IR battle machine. I could have saved a a little over $300 by keeping it Heng Long instead of using the Tamiya DMD and associated electronics but I have three other tanks now that fit that bill. This is going to be really cool. I hope!
                          Have you considered a Mako unit? I'm thinking of picking up a couple of those for making my Heng Long units compatible with Tamiya IR stuff, especially since it's gonna be cheaper in the end and the new HL control boards handle so well that unless I have something like an elmod in the thing I'd rather just fall back on that.

Comment

Originally posted by fuchstraumer View Post
                            Couple questions since there are a bunch of long-term M41 owners in here - I have an M41 that I bought back in like 2010 or something. It has all the internals of the old 27Mhz tanks that I've since torn out, and will be replacing with a 6.1S board once the elmod unit I ordered for my chally arrives (I'll be kitbashing it to be a "modernization" then making up some excuse about how it's using some Leo 2-like powerpack to justify a Bulldog making Leopard 2 sounds ;p).

My main question is - has anyone removed the pins the shocks are mounted on successfully? I bought a full set of metal running gear (road wheels, idlers, suspension arms, idler, and new metal shocks) online. The pins on my hull are all seemingly expoxied in really well though, and anything I could use to loosen them is just likely to mar or weaken the plastic on the hull (iirc). I was trying to do a teardown before my parts arrive sometime later this week but had to stop as I was worried I'd just damage the hull. I also think the design of the plastic around the sprockets has changed in newer editions too, as this one appears to "reach" out towards the sprocket more. Anyone know if there are places I can find drive axle support bearings for this thing? I'm thinking of dropping in one of the clutching gearboxes that Heng Long appears to be releasing soon (vendors have named em, and they briefly appeared on toucanhobby's ebay store) and those in particular seem to benefit from drive axle support given the design of the gearbox. If not, I'll probably just measure it out.

Regardless, looking forward to getting my old girl up and running again. She was my first RC tank and how I got into this hobby properly, so it's time for me to apply all the new skills I have to bring her forward. (also, holy crap, how far the tech has come! I stopped doing tanks during school and the start of my career in ~2014 and wow!! we're spoiled with these Tk6.1 boards folks I tell you what!)

Glad to see people appreciate the suspension travel on this tank as well. I think only the Challenger 2 can compete on that front.

Have you considered a Mako unit? I'm thinking of picking up a couple of those for making my Heng Long units compatible with Tamiya IR stuff, especially since it's gonna be cheaper in the end and the new HL control boards handle so well that unless I have something like an elmod in the thing I'd rather just fall back on that.
                            One, you don’t need to justify anything to anyone. Use what sound effect you like and build your tank the way you like. That said there are a number of countries that upgraded the M41 to diesels so either the Leopard 2 or T90/72 engine sounds would be close as these are both modern diesels.

The shocks on the old M41s are hard to remove and a little brute force is needed. I used a little oil on the pin and let it soak in. After which they pull out much easier.

Drive shafts bearings supports are out there but you have to search for them, HL does not make one. I used ones from the T90/72 epoxied over the existing hull pass through. Simple, easy and works.

The new 6.0/1 system does not need a Mako board to be Tamiya compatible, the 6.0/1 is already. The 5.2/5.3 and older systems needed the Mako which frankly was unreliable with spotty performance. With a quality aftermarket IR receiver like the LegoDEI ones the HL 6.0/1 battle system can compete equality to a Tamiya battle system in taking/receiving and delivering hits even at extremely long ranges out past 125ft.

I have a bunch of photos of my “modernized” M41s on Instagram @ fsttanks. Feel free to check them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

One, you don’t need to justify anything to anyone. Use what sound effect you like and build your tank the way you like. That said there are a number of countries that upgraded the M41 to diesels so either the Leopard 2 or T90/72 engine sounds would be close as these are both modern diesels.

The shocks on the old M41s are hard to remove and a little brute force is needed. I used a little oil on the pin and let it soak in. After which they pull out much easier.

Drive shafts bearings supports are out there but you have to search for them, HL does not make one. I used ones from the T90/72 epoxied over the existing hull pass through. Simple, easy and works.

The new 6.0/1 system does not need a Mako board to be Tamiya compatible, the 6.0/1 is already. The 5.2/5.3 and older systems needed the Mako which frankly was unreliable with spotty performance. With a quality aftermarket IR receiver like the LegoDEI ones the HL 6.0/1 battle system can compete equality to a Tamiya battle system in taking/receiving and delivering hits even at extremely long ranges out past 125ft.

I have a bunch of photos of my “modernized” M41s on Instagram @ fsttanks. Feel free to check them out.

Oh don't worry - I was mostly justifying the diesel sound to my picky brain :). Already doing a mostly fictional set of body mods, which might rankle some especially picky armor nerds, but I like the premise of it and it's my darn tank and that's all that matters haha

Your modernization work was one of the biggest inspirations, honestly! Really showed me the potential of the hull. I had been thinking about doing some kind of modernization upgrade for a while, but hadn't seen anything in-service that really grabbed my attention. Good to know about the T90 supports though, I was about to order a set of those anyways so I'll grab a spare and make it work. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by fuchstraumer View Post

Oh don't worry - I was mostly justifying the diesel sound to my picky brain :). Already doing a mostly fictional set of body mods, which might rankle some especially picky armor nerds, but I like the premise of it and it's my darn tank and that's all that matters haha

Your modernization work was one of the biggest inspirations, honestly! Really showed me the potential of the hull. I had been thinking about doing some kind of modernization upgrade for a while, but hadn't seen anything in-service that really grabbed my attention. Good to know about the T90 supports though, I was about to order a set of those anyways so I'll grab a spare and make it work. Cheers!
                                We will all be looking forward to seeing your M41. Folks here are far more open to “outside the box” builds.

Comment

Question on batteries. Is it safe to charge the batteries the day before you use them? And if so, will they hold a full charge?

Comment

Hi there, when will you guys have more walker pro editions in stock? Merry Boozer RC

Comment

A classic, in desert or jungle!

Comment

Pictures are not showing up, Bob.

Comment

Hmm. They're on my PC and my iphone. Anybody else?

Comment

Working...
                                          X