X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
    Hmm. They're on my PC and my iphone. Anybody else?
    Nope no photos! Are you teasing us or something?

Comment

It’ll be an anti climax but I’ll try again:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image_59266.jpg
Views:	891
Size:	338.8 KB
ID:	265623
      Click image for larger version  Name:	7FBABC5B-6779-4891-891E-6AB2D4539879.jpeg Views:	12 Size:	233.5 KB ID:	265622
      When Heng Long first became available in the US, many years ago, I ignored the M-41. Now, it's my hands down lust object!
      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Also there is an improved sprocket that has retaining rings. If you do not have this sprocket type on your M41 it is worth the $20 to do so.
        Could you provide me with a link or a hint on where to look for these?
        I only found some for the metal tracks and version while I use the plastic sprocket and tracks (partially to run indoors).

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchy93 View Post

Could you provide me with a link or a hint on where to look for these?
          I only found some for the metal tracks and version while I use the plastic sprocket and tracks (partially to run indoors).
          The new sprockets with twin retaining rings can usually be found on EBay. I purchased a set not long ago from Toucan Hobbies there.

Hopefully Motion RC will start carrying upgrade parts for the M41s and other HL tanks soon so we don’t have to hunt around EBay and Aliexpress for them.

Comment

Just encountered, and solved, a problem in my M41. it could happen to any tank, actually. The tank would occasionally not fire - no noise, no airsoft, no recoil. The clue was this would happen only when the turret was turned left, and not always, sometimes a lot sometime only once in a while. This indicated it wasn't an electronic problem. Maybe a loose wire? Yep, the hot wire to the airsoft motor had come unsoldered, sometimes touching, sometimes not. Some delicate soldering and it was fine.

Just sharing in case others experienced the same symptoms.
            Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Hi all,

I just ordered the Bulldog. MRC's reviews states this tank is very un-scale. Can someone tell me how un-scale this tank is? Way off? Fantasy? Close enough? Dai

Comment

Unless you were looking at a scale drawing I doubt youd notice, but its wider and taller than it should be because they used an M26 lower hull with no changes. the lower part of the turret also has some weirdness going on. but like I said, unless your intimately familiar with the tank, it isnt anything youd likely notice.

Comment

It's also a great running tank. It was my first one and got me hooked on tanks. I recommend getting the metal wheels and tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaseline View Post
                    Unless you were looking at a scale drawing I doubt youd notice, but its wider and taller than it should be because they used an M26 lower hull with no changes. the lower part of the turret also has some weirdness going on. but like I said, unless your intimately familiar with the tank, it isnt anything youd likely notice.
                    Totally incorrect about the lower hull. The M41 does NOT use the M26 hull but they do share the some of the suspension parts, road wheels and return rollers. This though is not the reason the M41 is wider then it should be.

Comment

Well ill take a stab and say it has to do with it being the absolute minimum hull width to take standard HL transmissions before having to go to an inline low-profile GB. Could have sworn I read somewhere that it reused the M26 lower...good to know, thanks for the correction Rubicon.👍

Comment

Nice review and overview. Thank you!

Comment

Alpha,
                          I have been battling an Abrams 6.0 S with my Walker Bulldog. He consistently scores hits on my tank. I cannot score hits on his. We tested his receiving apple by switching them and he still scored hits on my tank. I tested my emitter with a Nikon camera on video and it works. It emits a strong signal for over a second in length. How can we test that the signal from his hit apple is getting to his receiver and registering. We double checked the wiring and did a continuity test which was positive???
                          Thanks for your help.
                          MikeB and Eric

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb10027 View Post
                            Alpha,
                            I have been battling an Abrams 6.0 S with my Walker Bulldog. He consistently scores hits on my tank. I cannot score hits on his. We tested his receiving apple by switching them and he still scored hits on my tank. I tested my emitter with a Nikon camera on video and it works. It emits a strong signal for over a second in length. How can we test that the signal from his hit apple is getting to his receiver and registering. We double checked the wiring and did a continuity test which was positive???
                            Thanks for your help.
                            MikeB and Eric
                            This is very common complaint. The IR receiver “Apple” on the Abrams has more obstruction to block the incoming IR beam. The stock IR receivers typically needs a solid 1 second hits on them to register. Try moving the Abrams IR receiver to the front quarter of the turret. This will help provide for a cleaner “line of sight”.

Also the stock IR receivers tend to have “dead zone angles” that it will not receive hits at anything distance beyond five feet. Couple this with being obstructed and you have one very hard tank to hit.

Your best course of action is to fit one of the LegoDEI receivers to the Abrams (and even the Bulldog). This will solve all the issues and vastly increase the combat ranges and lighting conditions you can fight the tanks in.

Comment

Thanks for your response and suggestions.
                              My buddy already relocated his apple, To no avail.
                              I am passing this on to him.

Comment

did the walker bulldog serve in vietnam, I was there but I don't recall ever seeing one, thanks in advance for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by phil goldstein View Post
                                  did the walker bulldog serve in vietnam, I was there but I don't recall ever seeing one, thanks in advance for the reply.
                                  Yes it was used extensively especially with the South Vietnamese Army. You probably saw them but did not pay much attention to them.

Comment

Crickets over here....

I know the HL M26 is a little long in the tooth, but I picked up another one to mess around with. Doesn't look like HL has done to much as far as updated to it, but the driver's hatch now opens to reveal the power switch. The new one I have is the V7.0 "Pro" edition, my previous one was a old V5.3 with the metal tracks and sprockets. Working on the tracks, first I blacken them with a burnishing agent, then a rust wash, seal with flat clear and let them wear naturally. Also working on doing all the small bits and pieces, then it will get a paint job. Going for the darker Vietnam era color so will be airbrushing Tamiya XF74 over the HL base coat. The XF74 is pretty dead on for Vietnam era armor I find.

Comment

I ended up buying one of these from Amazon, advertised as being modified/upgraded, including the turret revolving 360 degrees, and a 3800mah NiMH battery instead of the 1800mah, cost me a total of jackson after redeeming my stash of gift cards. Box arrived yesterday, everything worked perfectly except for the smoke generator, blower turns on, no smoke. Decided to go ahead and take the shell apart thinking might just be a loose wire, which it was wasn't, it's just dead, but it gave me a chance to look at everything else.

First thing I noticed, the "upgraded speaker appears to be the stock V7 speaker, not upgraded to anything, but I do know where I can get a speaker with the same form factor with a passive radiator that will yield a bit better sound if I want, the funniest thing was the turret ring described as "Slip Rings Handmade and installed", it's the factory ring, they just cut gears into the tab that acted as a stop, so now it revolves 360, unfortunately there's still a cable that does want to be twisted 360 degrees. Good thing I didn't just sit and spin​, a had a feeling there was a cable involved. Other than that, it's a normal "upgrade edition" like MRC sells, metal tracks, drive wheel and transmission, just a slightly higher price. They also appear to have removed at least one link from each track, there is basically zero slack in the system, I have links and pins, no instructions on how to replace them , a paper clip won't drive them out apparently, open to suggestion there.

That being said, I went ahead and processed an exchange because of the non-functional smoke unit which will be here Wednesday, I do like the tank, won't be buying any more from that seller, but I do plan on getting the rest of the American models

Comment

Originally posted by skyowa View Post
                                        I ended up buying one of these from Amazon, advertised as being modified/upgraded, including the turret revolving 360 degrees, and a 3800mah NiMH battery instead of the 1800mah, cost me a total of jackson after redeeming my stash of gift cards. Box arrived yesterday, everything worked perfectly except for the smoke generator, blower turns on, no smoke. Decided to go ahead and take the shell apart thinking might just be a loose wire, which it was wasn't, it's just dead, but it gave me a chance to look at everything else.

First thing I noticed, the "upgraded speaker appears to be the stock V7 speaker, not upgraded to anything, but I do know where I can get a speaker with the same form factor with a passive radiator that will yield a bit better sound if I want, the funniest thing was the turret ring described as "Slip Rings Handmade and installed", it's the factory ring, they just cut gears into the tab that acted as a stop, so now it revolves 360, unfortunately there's still a cable that does want to be twisted 360 degrees. Good thing I didn't just sit and spin​, a had a feeling there was a cable involved. Other than that, it's a normal "upgrade edition" like MRC sells, metal tracks, drive wheel and transmission, just a slightly higher price. They also appear to have removed at least one link from each track, there is basically zero slack in the system, I have links and pins, no instructions on how to replace them , a paper clip won't drive them out apparently, open to suggestion there.

That being said, I went ahead and processed an exchange because of the non-functional smoke unit which will be here Wednesday, I do like the tank, won't be buying any more from that seller, but I do plan on getting the rest of the American models
                                        Two best places to buy Heng Long tanks are Motion RC and Toucan hobbies. Both have fair prices good CS and reasonably fast shipping.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Two best places to buy Heng Long tanks are Motion RC and Toucan hobbies. Both have fair prices good CS and reasonably fast shipping.
                                          The one advantage of Amazon is Prime gets a 30 day return for exchange or refund, I got online, processed a return for exchange, new one will be here Wednesday, drop the bad one off at Kohls. Plus I had $200 in gift cards from the holiday and my birthday ")

Comment

Working...
                                          X