X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Tankzhang on Aliexpress IS Heng Long’s web store on that site. Been using them for years for small parts. Used to be cheap and fast but it has become more expensive in the last few years. Best to order A LOT of parts as it keeps the shipping cost down.

Delivery can take from two weeks to two months so best to never be in a hurry to receive parts from them.
    How do I get combined shipping? It seems each item has its own shipping charge. Dai

Comment

That is weird. I have bought multiple items from Aliepress, but that seller might be different. Contact them. I am still waiting for servos I bought before Nov 17th from one vender. It is stuck in a local post office as the post offices are backed up with priority mail.
      Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dai phan View Post

How do I get combined shipping? It seems each item has its own shipping charge. Dai
        Simple answer is, you really can’t. Unless you buy multiples of the same item. Then the shipping is not bad. I buy a lot of bulk spare parts but multiples of each which keeps the shipping cost down.

If you only buy singles of different items each has a shipping price based on that item. Buy two or three of the same item and shipping does not go up most of the time.

Its a Chinese run company and they have very different ideas on passing on shipping costs. It is what it is, they have the parts so you have to pay the price if you want them.

Comment

Simple answer is, you really can’t. Unless you buy multiples of the same item. Then the shipping is not bad. I buy a lot of bulk spare parts but multiples of each which keeps the shipping cost down.

If you only buy singles of different items each has a shipping price based on that item. Buy two or three of the same item and shipping does not go up most of the time.

Its a Chinese run company and they have very different ideas on passing on shipping costs. It is what it is, they have the parts so you have to pay the price if you want them.
          That said, I bought 3 of one item, and the resulting shipping cost per item was slightly less than what was listed for a single. I had no control over it, as Rubicon noted, I wanted them and was prepared to pay what they charged. Like a beer at a stadium game, yeah they cost a lot more but if it's what you want, fork over the cash or go dry!
          Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

I got my Horus 12s using Opentx radio hooked to my Clark TK 40s Board. I programmed it using some quick suggestions from the RCtankaus website. Very few people have actually made any videos. My knowledge of Opentx is average, but I got it working. I had trouble initially getting the motors to move until I read the directions more thoroughly and realized that my battery was too low voltage. Just got noise and no motors. I charged my battery, initially too hi rate. Lucky I was watching it. Max charge on these Li Io is 1.75 amp. I started at what I thought was 1 c 3.5amp. battery got hot but I was watching it and shut it off quickly. I don't think I hurt it. I then charged it up enough at 1.75 amp to get the tracks running and everything works except the airsoft. I don't know were to plug it in the clark board. It isn't clear. I'll figure it out. The Clark board is AWESOME. Huge upgrade in sound. Low speed is a crawl. I had an issue with the tracks slipping still. I tightened it one less link. I'll test it on dirt tomorrow. My Panzer being a 2015 model had the old 5.3 MFU which I can tell was just too toy like. These Clark boards are a work of genius. It will take a few evenings to get everything worked out. With Opentx I can tweak things even more.

Comment

Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
              I got my Horus 12s using Opentx radio hooked to my Clark TK 40s Board. I programmed it using some quick suggestions from the RCtankaus website. Very few people have actually made any videos. My knowledge of Opentx is average, but I got it working. I had trouble initially getting the motors to move until I read the directions more thoroughly and realized that my battery was too low voltage. Just got noise and no motors. I charged my battery, initially too hi rate. Lucky I was watching it. Max charge on these Li Io is 1.75 amp. I started at what I thought was 1 c 3.5amp. battery got hot but I was watching it and shut it off quickly. I don't think I hurt it. I then charged it up enough at 1.75 amp to get the tracks running and everything works except the airsoft. I don't know were to plug it in the clark board. It isn't clear. I'll figure it out. The Clark board is AWESOME. Huge upgrade in sound. Low speed is a crawl. I had an issue with the tracks slipping still. I tightened it one less link. I'll test it on dirt tomorrow. My Panzer being a 2015 model had the old 5.3 MFU which I can tell was just too toy like. These Clark boards are a work of genius. It will take a few evenings to get everything worked out. With Opentx I can tweak things even more.
              The TK 40 is quite a step up from the old 5.3 Heng Long MFU. It is not as good as the new 6.0/1S Heng Long MFU in general drive handling, but the TK 40 is superior in sound and for use in IR tank battles.

Personal sound quality is not high on my list, but IR battle performance is. I have used the TK 20s, 40s.and 60/80s, I like the TK60/80 best as they have higher power limits that allow for larger motors and input voltage. All the TK systems are fully Tamiya IR battle protocols compatible unlike the 6.0/1 Heng Long systems that are “mostly” compatible.

Comment

I drove the Panzer around today with the Opentx software on my transmitter and it worked, but I still have a problem throwing tracks.. The tight left side didn't throw a track, but it is noticeably effecting the steering, I had to constantly correct. The right side would throw a track every once in awhile. Using Opentx is also a bit of a headscratch too. I could get the lights and mg to work, but not the cannon sound. I know it is a program issue, but now I know why Stanlley told me to get the Flysky radio. I didn't because I was thinking that the Frsky system I already own can work and it is pretty powerful. Ease of use it is not.with this board. It will work if I keep fiddelying with it.
                I still don't know how to get the airsoft unit woriking. Actually don't know were to plug the gun into the board

Comment

I fixed my tracks by adding a link back to the side that I took it out of and then swapping sides. I guess my tank isn't straight and the one side is longer then the other. Seems to be even now. Drove it hard this morning and no issue. Yaaaayyyy! I also research anyone using the clark board without the Flysky Radio was having issues. Mine only revolves around firing the cannon now. I figured out everything else. The Airsoft gun requires as solder link to the daughter board to get it working. You also need to reprogram the Clark board to Airsoft. I will wait till my IR battle receivers show up before I mess with it.

Comment

I got everything working now on my Horus 12s with OpenTX. It works. I even got the three guns, MG1, MG 2, and the Cannon to use the same momentary push button switch using the SWG 3 position switch as a toggle between all three. It can be done. I will try and get the airsoft to work now. I also now just need to 3 d print up a barrel recoil and dump the crappy barrel elevation servos that HL uses for some decent metal gear proportional micro servos. Smoke barrel unit to follow.

Comment

Any reviews on the H-L PzKwIII H "Tauch panzer"? From pics it looks the closest to a typical DAK PzIII..Thanks!

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6427.JPG Views:	0 Size:	58.3 KB ID:	292428Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6428.JPG Views:	0 Size:	69.9 KB ID:	292430Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6429.JPG Views:	0 Size:	78.7 KB ID:	292432Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6430.JPG Views:	0 Size:	64.5 KB ID:	292434
                        Just in case anyone is interested. The stock speaker is really tiny itsi bitsi I cut it out to move it to my battery compartment. I'll order a 2" one later.

Comment

That is too bad. Good prices but you end up paying 100 bucks in shipping :(. Dai

Comment

I ended up cracking the Mantelet trying to extricate the LED to put in the IR Emitter. Any ideas on debonder? The glue is tough.

Comment

MEK sub, or acetone, or I just scratched around it with a #11 while pushing on the LED with a punch though. Problem with debonders is they can make plastic brittle so im pretty leery about using them.

Comment

Hi all,

I have been thinking about getting the Taigen Panzer IV but I have heard it is a very small tank right? Smaller than the Sherman ? Dai

Comment

You need a Panzer IV Dai. One of the most made tanks in the German Army. I want a Normandy late model Version with extra armor. During the Invasion they were the back bone of most of the German defenses.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaseline View Post
                                    MEK sub, or acetone, or I just scratched around it with a #11 while pushing on the LED with a punch though. Problem with debonders is they can make plastic brittle so im pretty leery about using them.
                                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Broken Mantlet.JPG Views:	0 Size:	51.1 KB ID:	293056
                                    The LED Holder is now almost broken off the back. I tried hitting it with a hammer and a brass tube(from the other side) to loosen it up and the mantlet broke as well as the LED holder.

Comment

Were it me and it was giving that kind of trouble, id just cut it off and fashion a new one out of brass tube. the tube also lets you set the bulb back so you dont get shotgunning as well.

Comment

Originally posted by dai phan View Post
                                        Hi all,

I have been thinking about getting the Taigen Panzer IV but I have heard it is a very small tank right? Smaller than the Sherman ? Dai
                                        Howdy Dai, to pick the nits; (FWIW: from Wikipedia)
                                        PzIV (not counting barrel lengths) Length = 19' 5" (5.92m), Width = 9' 5" (2.88m), Height = 8' 10" (2.68m)
                                        M4 (minor diffs between variants, no barrel lengths) Length = 19' 2" - 20' 7" (5.84–6.27m), Width = 8' 7" - 9' 10" (2.62–2.99m), Height = 9' - 9' 9" ( 2.74–2.97m)

Assuming H-L and Taigen commit to reasonable scale fidelity, these 2 tanks are close in size.

Comment

HL, not Taigen. I've been looking for an excuse to post these tanks! 😁

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1172 (1).jpg
Views:	560
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	293150
                                          Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Working...
                                          X