Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A video clip by DKLM RC showcasing the sound capabilities.

Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Those sound options sound pretty good to my ears... that is making me interested!

Clay

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
        A video clip by DKLM RC showcasing the sound capabilities.

Damn Bob...that sounds great...

Comment

For me a unit like this would be perfect for an APC like the M59 or the M75 which uses the Bulldog hull.

Comment

Got mine today. Won’t have time for it until next week. But there are two antenna wires on the transmitter and a longer antenna on the receiver. Range should be good. I placed the receiver next to a 6.1 for size comparison. The heat sink vanes sit higher.

Click image for larger version

Name:	084F797C-3F49-4941-A771-7C9AED12DE8B.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	291.4 KB
ID:	367542

the screen is cosmetic only.

Comment

I broke down and ordered one too. Says it'll be here by the end of February. I'll be curious to know if it binds to a HL transmitter.

Comment

Got mine today. Won’t have time for it until next week. But there are two antenna wires on the transmitter and a longer antenna on the receiver. Range should be good. I placed the receiver next to a 6.1 for size comparison. The heat sink vanes sit higher.

Name:	084F797C-3F49-4941-A771-7C9AED12DE8B.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	291.4 KB
ID:	367542

the screen is cosmetic only.
                Do the sticks feel more “hobby grade” in there movement? Does the TX feel heavier and more solid?

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Do the sticks feel more “hobby grade” in there movement? Does the TX feel heavier and more solid?
                  I'm guessing the case is used for r/c drones, maybe that's why there's a screen, inactive here. The sticks are shorter than HL, so it's really for thumb control, not thumb and finger pinch. The gimbals seem pretty tight, throws are pretty short. It's not heavier, if anything lighter since it's mostly plastic. I'll know more when I start playing with it.

Name:	IMG_3204.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	250.4 KB
ID:	367559

If it works out, the receivers are nearly half the price of an HL 7.1, and it has servo recoil and elevation. The instruction sheet says it's good for 4 to 12.6 volts. Guess that's why the big heat sinks.

Comment

I took the time to hook it up to my robo-tank. Seems to work fine. The shorter sticks may make fine control touchier, but not really noticeable.

Name:	IMG_3205.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	265.1 KB
ID:	367570

(I know someone who will freak at what I did to a Sherman body.) 😁

Comment

Double facepalm…. Head shaking…
                      RC tank parts and accessories I make
                      www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

I'm guessing the case is used for r/c drones, maybe that's why there's a screen, inactive here. The sticks are shorter than HL, so it's really for thumb control, not thumb and finger pinch. The gimbals seem pretty tight, throws are pretty short. It's not heavier, if anything lighter since it's mostly plastic. I'll know more when I start playing with it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3204.jpg Views:	0 Size:	250.4 KB ID:	367559

If it works out, the receivers are nearly half the price of an HL 7.1, and it has servo recoil and elevation. The instruction sheet says it's good for 4 to 12.6 volts. Guess that's why the big heat sinks.

Can you test to see if it will bind with a 6 or 7 series TX?

Comment

Not yet. The instructions don't mention binding. The start/stop control is just different enough (separate start and stop buttons) that I don't feel confident that if I did bind the receiver to a HL Tx that I could get it back bound to the CS Tx. I tried to bind HL 6.0 and 7.0 receivers to it but wasn't successful. Doesn't mean it won't just that I don't know how. Yet.

Update: Info on DKLMRC says not.

Comment

Yea Bob, I think we have a winner...

Comment

I should have one in a few days. Was wondering if we can use multiple MFU's with one TX, Bob wasn't sure about the binding of this unit yet?
                              I'm looking forward to playing with it and will add my input to this set up. So far it looks pretty good Sound is amazing

Comment

I’m sure multiple Rx’s can be bound, it’s just that the directions aren’t in the manual. Ken, we know it’s you in the video because of the vape smoke!

Comment

Lol....

Comment

Originally posted by Vaseline View Post
                                    I should have one in a few days. Was wondering if we can use multiple MFU's with one TX, Bob wasn't sure about the binding of this unit yet?
                                    I'm looking forward to playing with it and will add my input to this set up. So far it looks pretty good Sound is amazing
                                    As Bob mentioned, Im sure multiple receivers would/should bind with a single Trans. I cant find the bind instructions anywhere but will admit I havnt gone in search of either. As far as binding with a 6-7.1 transmitter, I'm not goimg to try until the binding process has been verifed with this unit..

Comment

The way the HL binds is by holding the tank start button on the transmitter and then power up the receiver. I wonder if this is similar to that? Is there a button to start up the tank on the TK26 transmitter or does it just run through the starting sounds once the RX is powered on after the TX?

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
                                        The way the HL binds is by holding the tank start button on the transmitter and then power up the receiver. I wonder if this is similar to that? Is there a button to start up the tank on the TK26 transmitter or does it just run through the starting sounds once the RX is powered on after the TX?
                                        CS has two buttons, one for start & one to stop, instead of one on the HL.

Comment

Thank God it has servo reversing.

Tank: The transmitter on this setup is layed out a tad different then the Henglong. The Machine gun fire for example has its own dedicated buttons. With that said, its a stong possibilty that the advanced settings could not be accessed because the fuction key is no longer the "2 button" cannon fire operation. The cannon fire is a 1 button press now and like Bob, Im hesistant about trying to bind the receiver to the Henglong 7.0 Trans, as I'm fearful of bricking the damn thing. I'll let someone else experiment with that.

Comment

Working...
                                          X