X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by keilau View Post
    I apologize to you if you feel offended. I never said that I do not believe you. You are right that you had no incentive to lie about what you paid for your tank. I clicked on your link, the price for the professional version translated to $244 include free shipping.

I can get the same tank, same version with 4 days shipping for $199 in the US. Bottom line is that local shipping is cheaper.
    https://www.motionrc.com/products/heng-long-usa-m41-walker-bulldog-professional-edition-1-16-scale-light-tank-rtr-hlg3839-002?variant=31232087228529&currency=USD&utm_medium =product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_or ganic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3 qW5o7jxgQMVlP3ICh2S_AXEEAQYBCABEgLcy_D_BwE

I will probably get the plastic version. The shipped price is $127 compared to $178 from AliExpress Model King. I understand that for you to buy from US is not likely to be cheap.
    https://www.amazon.com/Henglong-Gene.../dp/B07RDDFRCD
    I checked all local dealers informed and all of them the price was 250 euros plus shipping.
    At the time i made the order no other supplier lets say closer was cheaper than the one on aliexpress and the arriving date was the same.
    Maybe they did not have it in stock as well.
    I dont know.
    I know i contacted some even by phone and the version was not even the same.
    My version is the professional version but it comes with metal road wheel rocket arms in metal, metal tracks, bearings, metal road wheels, metal idler, metal sprocket, metal gearbox and TK7.0 board.
    the professional version i saw on other websites for 219 euros was only with metal gearbox and metal tracks and idler and sprocket in metal with TK7.0 as well (Or they do not mention on their website, when i called they said its according the description on the website so the other metal parts are not included.)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	MOTIONRC-FEATURES.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.1 KB ID:	388447
    For sure if i could buy it cheaper and faster i would.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	MOTIONRCPRICE.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.3 KB ID:	388448
    If you know any website here on europe with it cheaper i would love to know.
    wich means its almost the same price but not with all metal as the above from Aliexpress.
    that inclues more:
    Metal road wheels
    Metal rocket arms
    Bearings.

so for me it w
    as a better business the one from Ali for the extra items that it has for a lower price, lets see when it arrives.

Comment

• cravo, if you are happy, that is all it counts.

Comment

cravo, if you are happy, that is all it counts.
        The matter is we need to read a lot and compare APPLES with APPLES, i called them to confirm what were the metal parts that the tank had, and they informed me.
        For the same price i took the other option because it came with more metal parts as i informed before.
        I think we are ALL looking for the best price products and loooking also for the best bang for the buck.
        When it arrives i will keep you all posted and take some pictures for you to see.
        Wish you all the best and hope you are happy too, the idea of the forum is help each other and share experiences in a way all of us can benefit with each other ideas and experiences.

Comment

• Carvo. I too was not trying to offend you. Mine was a warning, as the wording and actions were very similar to a company I had to deal with in my professional life, how ever the product never arrived, leaving me out of pocket. You are correct, in that the forum is to help, and give ideas and advice. We look forward to your assessment and some photographs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meter Rat View Post
            Carvo. I too was not trying to offend you. Mine was a warning, as the wording and actions were very similar to a company I had to deal with in my professional life, how ever the product never arrived, leaving me out of pocket. You are correct, in that the forum is to help, and give ideas and advice. We look forward to your assessment and some photographs.
            I am not offended by any means and i know people some times does not believe it.
            Poland stays half way than USA so its shipping for sure will be cut in half, other thing is sometimes aliexpress has warehouses in europe and you buy something from china and if they have it already in europe they ask you if they can send the item from europe (quicker) and of course we accept.
            I will for sure post the pictures as soon as it arrives.
            And price for price i would buy in MotionRc or any other dealer that was closer to me, but the specs on the product were not the same ot the person who informed me did not inform correctly, or the website is outdated.
            So i took , (in my opinion) the best decision i could at the time.
            Also to all be informed of all the process and if all arrived in perfect condition.
            I can do a video unboxing or just take some pictures.
            But for sure i am eager to receive it and to play with it.
            Its like more 10 to 16 days we will have to wait and see.
            Thanks again to everyone involved in the process for the help and tips.

Comment

• Originally posted by cravo View Post
              Poland stays half way than USA so its shipping for sure will be cut in half, other thing is sometimes aliexpress has warehouses in europe and you buy something from china and if they have it already in europe they ask you if they can send the item from europe (quicker) and of course we accept.
              I will for sure post the pictures as soon as it arrives.
              I know that Toucan Hobby advertised having warehouse in Europe. Did you ask Model King Store about their European warehouse? Usually, the cheaper local shipping more than offset the cost of keeping a local warehouse. Your seller offered you a super deal of a custom-built RTR tank and ship it from China to Poland.
              Originally posted by cravo View Post
              And price for price i would buy in MotionRc or any other dealer that was closer to me, but the specs on the product were not the same ot the person who informed me did not inform correctly, or the website is outdated.
              So i took , (in my opinion) the best decision i could at the time.
              Also to all be informed of all the process and if all arrived in perfect condition.
              I can do a video unboxing or just take some pictures.
              But for sure i am eager to receive it and to play with it.
              Its like more 10 to 16 days we will have to wait and see.
              Thanks again to everyone involved in the process for the help and tips.
              Since Model King Store added many customized metal parts for your purchase, it is a much better deal.

Most Heng Long sellers deliver factory sealed package. The number of metal parts in the HL Professional version is the same for all factory sealed RTR tank. Your seller is an exception.

Comment

I know that Toucan Hobby advertised having warehouse in Europe. Did you ask Model King Store about their European warehouse? Usually, the cheaper local shipping more than offset the cost of keeping a local warehouse. Your seller offered you a super deal of a custom-built RTR tank and ship it from China to Poland.

Since Model King Store added many customized metal parts for your purchase, it is a much better deal.

Most Heng Long sellers deliver factory sealed package. The number of metal parts in the HL Professional version is the same for all factory sealed RTR tank. Your seller is an exception.
                Please check the price with shipping from TOUCANHOBBY.EU (EUROPEAN SITE)
                Almost double the price.
                I got it with shipping with all metal parts for arround 200 euros with shipping
                on Toucan the price is as it shows with shipping THE SAME MODEL with ALL METAL PARTS 379.90 euros

So Price diference with shipping was 179,90 euros (i could almost buy two units) ;).
                Click image for larger version

Name:	TOUCANHOBBY.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	388472

Comment

Please check the price with shipping from TOUCANHOBBY.EU (EUROPEAN SITE)
                  Almost double the price.
                  I got it with shipping with all metal parts for arround 200 euros with shipping
                  on Toucan the price is as it shows with shipping THE SAME MODEL with ALL METAL PARTS 379.90 euros

So Price diference with shipping was 179,90 euros (i could almost buy two units) ;).
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	TOUCANHOBBY.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.7 KB ID:	388472
                  You did an excellent job shopping for the lowest price and succussed. Just enjoy you tank.

The 152Euro that TOUCANHOBBY.EU charges for shipping is a good indication that they do not have stock in Europe. The tank price are similar between the 2 stores. The big difference is that Model King Store shipped it to you for free. When is the expected delivery date of their 2 weeks shipping?

I am consider getting my next tank. The choice is between Walker Bulldog or Merkava. The Walker Bulldog is under $100 and a proven RC tank. At $200, the Merkava should be more fun. I am thinking the plastic version only.

Comment

You did an excellent job shopping for the lowest price and succussed. Just enjoy you tank.

The 152Euro that TOUCANHOBBY.EU charges for shipping is a good indication that they do not have stock in Europe. The tank price are similar between the 2 stores. The big difference is that Model King Store shipped it to you for free. When is the expected delivery date of their 2 weeks shipping?
                    the expected date is 26th of October 2023.
                    So more or less two weeks (sometimes arrives sooner).

I am consider getting my next tank. The choice is between Walker Bulldog or Merkava. The Walker Bulldog is under $100 and a proven RC tank. At $200, the Merkava should be more fun. I am thinking the plastic version only.
                    If you ask my advice I would prefer to wait a little bit more and I would get the metal version.
                    1 reason it will have more weight so it will be more real and it should also have more grip on soft terrain and climbing.
                    Second the metal parts are by far more durable in any rc being a tank a car a boat or w plane. And also give more playtime and less "wrenching" repairs.
                    3d less spending on the long run because it needs less upgrades and when you buy in bulk the complete package it's way cheaper than if you buy it separately.
                    Regarding walker or Merkawa I chosen the walker by recommendation. Of the people of the forum.
                    And as far as I read Merkawa is a bit sluggish because of being a bigger tank.
                    But bottom end, you buy what suits you best, and what you like it more.
                    I also like the Merkawa bit the professional version is much more expensive that the walker.
                    So I went for one that will be more reliable mechanically.

Comment

If you ask my advice I would prefer to wait a little bit more and I would get the metal version.
                      1 reason it will have more weight so it will be more real and it should also have more grip on soft terrain and climbing.
                      Second the metal parts are by far more durable in any rc being a tank a car a boat or w plane. And also give more playtime and less "wrenching" repairs.
                      3d less spending on the long run because it needs less upgrades and when you buy in bulk the complete package it's way cheaper than if you buy it separately.
                      Regarding walker or Merkawa I chosen the walker by recommendation. Of the people of the forum.
                      And as far as I read Merkawa is a bit sluggish because of being a bigger tank.
                      But bottom end, you buy what suits you best, and what you like it more.
                      I also like the Merkawa bit the professional version is much more expensive that the walker.
                      So I went for one that will be more reliable mechanically.
                      If I get the Heng Long metal version, I end up throwing away the Heng Long metal parts. The metal track for its single pin design that runs poorly, and the open pin that looks bad. The gearbox and wheels for their lack of ball bearings. I prefer the Mato or Torro metal components. It is a little more expensive, but runs quietly, has less vibration and much more durable. I come from a plastic modeling hobby so the look of the RC tank is important to me too.

Comment

Would you mind telling my Challenger that it not supposed to break.

Comment

Would you mind telling my Challenger that it not supposed to break.
                          I think that if you had the all plastic version it would break more often.
                          But it would be good to see some videos on how you run the tank.
                          Sometimes the problem its not the material, but the user, lol.
                          I think you know what i mean.

Comment

If I get the Heng Long metal version, I end up throwing away the Heng Long metal parts. The metal track for its single pin design that runs poorly, and the open pin that looks bad. The gearbox and wheels for their lack of ball bearings. I prefer the Mato or Torro metal components. It is a little more expensive, but runs quietly, has less vibration and much more durable. I come from a plastic modeling hobby so the look of the RC tank is important to me too.
                            As i said you need to get what suits you best and what you like more.
                            For me i want a model to run it and play with it a litle bit, dirt ground some rocks etc but i dont go on water and dont do crazy stuff.
                            But for sure the bearings on the gearbox are better.
                            Regarding to the metal parts you can sell them if you dont want them and you have some money for the gearbox with bearings.
                            But its up to you.
                            I also prefer gearbox with bearings but for now its another cost and as long as it runs its fine for me, like the traks,
                            when i will need to do an upgrade (if and when they fail) i hope i have already many hours of fun time, and then of course it will be time for the upgrades.
                            what is the gearbox and prices you are speaking? they are for the M41 Walker Buldog or Merkawa?

Comment

I think that if you had the all plastic version it would break more often.
                              But it would be good to see some videos on how you run the tank.
                              Sometimes the problem its not the material, but the user, lol.
                              I think you know what i mean.
                              I know what you mean. A lot is due to the terrain I sometimes run on. Although I find that the all plastic Tiger, runs better on the terrain that the bigger tanks with the upgrades struggle on. The Tiger and T72 are both good for the beach as they do not have bearings. The Tiger is all plastic, and the T72 has plastic road wheels and no bearings. It does have metal tracks, idlers, sprockets, and swing arms. That all have different running capabilities. The site you have found is now saved for future reference, until then I look forward to your experience with them, before I buy.

Comment

I know what you mean. A lot is due to the terrain I sometimes run on. Although I find that the all plastic Tiger, runs better on the terrain that the bigger tanks with the upgrades struggle on. The Tiger and T72 are both good for the beach as they do not have bearings. The Tiger is all plastic, and the T72 has plastic road wheels and no bearings. It does have metal tracks, idlers, sprockets, and swing arms. That all have different running capabilities. The site you have found is now saved for future reference, until then I look forward to your experience with them, before I buy.
                                I will post or video of the M41 Walker Buldog, after all i bought this tank because of your advice ;).
                                The arrival date is still between 20th October and 26th October so, lets wait and see.
                                Sometimes we have to prepare the rc to be able to deal with what we do to them and also respect their limits.
                                Its an RC not something undestructible.
                                Other thing that is very important is cleaning after playing and preventive maintenance.

Comment

I also prefer gearbox with bearings but for now its another cost and as long as it runs its fine for me, like the traks,
                                  when i will need to do an upgrade (if and when they fail) i hope i have already many hours of fun time, and then of course it will be time for the upgrades.
                                  what is the gearbox and prices you are speaking? they are for the M41 Walker Bulldog or Merkava?
                                  My favorite gearbox is the Heng Xin brand. They are far from the best, but I consider them to be the best value for HL tanks. The mounting is designed to improve integrity with the HL chassis. The motors used on the Leopard 2A6 are Maxhans390.
                                  Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4962.jpg Views:	0 Size:	198.4 KB ID:	388527 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4968.jpg Views:	0 Size:	162.5 KB ID:	388526 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4980.jpg Views:	0 Size:	154.0 KB ID:	388528
                                  For smaller RC tank hull such Pershing or Sherman, I use Tamiya380 standard motors (not the sport tuned) with the Heng Xin gearbox.
                                  Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5009.jpg Views:	0 Size:	222.7 KB ID:	388529 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5218.jpg Views:	0 Size:	152.1 KB ID:	388530
                                  My second choice gearbox is the Torro Version 2, which allows me to use with 390 motors on the Pershing.
                                  Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5124.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.2 KB ID:	388532 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5130.jpg Views:	0 Size:	192.5 KB ID:	388531
                                  The Heng Xin gearbox can be easily found on AliExpress. You may have to visit Torro shops in Europe to find the Torro gearbox.

I do not have the Walker Bulldog so I do not know which option applies to you.

Comment

• Do you have a link for these gearboxes, please? As I am unable to find them here in the UK.

Comment

Do you have a link for these gearboxes, please? As I am unable to find them here in the UK.
                                      For the Heng Xin gearbox, I got them from Toucan Hobby. They sell on AliExpress, e-bay and their own website.
                                      https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805743856567.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.5 7.5939M7zWM7zWoG&algo_pvid=fec83e17-b051-4284-9348-7d145eb7cb7e&algo_exp_id=fec83e17-b051-4284-9348-7d145eb7cb7e-28&pdp_npi=4%40dis%21USD%2153.11%2137.18%21%21%21 3 86.00%21%21%402101d68d16973158871503158e1923%21120 00034894710460%21sea%21US%211761413604%21&curPageL ogUid=BVPU3QgFeJzZ

The Torro was purchased at the Taigen Tank website.
                                      New from Taigen Tanks are our new steel CNC machined ball bearing gearboxes! These gearboxes are a big improvement over previous gearboxes with the addition of ball bearings for each reduction shaft and the final drive shafts. Shims have also been added which reduces lateral play in the gears to almost 0! Taigen Gearbo

Both brands are well known in US and in Germany. But the Heng Xin seems to have ended their production and is more difficult to find. You may want to consider the Heng Long CNC gearbox.

If you cannot find their distributor in UK, buying from AliExpress is definitely an acceptable option. The gearbox is small enough to ship by air at reasonable cost.

Comment

• Keilau. Thank you for the links.

Comment

• Guys just a small update,
                                          i got the info that the package already arrived to my city, it was dispached by plane.
                                          Thats why i did not have news so long.
                                          then from one day to another, package was dispached and at end of the day package on the dispach unit of your city :).
                                          I think next week i will get it since i got the info on a saturday night and they dont deliver anything on sundays :(.
                                          When i received it i will post some pictures or do an unboxing to give the feedback to all of you.
                                          Wish you all a great sunday .

Comment

Working...
                                          X