X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cravo View Post

sorry now i will post the link and the company is exactly the same as the one i poste above but it shows a smaller price on aliexpress with shipping to my location.
    https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/1005006078212051.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.5b287f06f LnUP8&mp=1&gatewayAdapt=glo2bra
    This is the Toucan Hobby Store shipped from China. The shipping from China is $130.59 to my US address. I can buy from Toucan's US warehouse for $30 shipping, but a higher tank price. The total is still a saving compared to shipped from China. How much is the shipping from China to your country? The real cost is tank price plus shipping to your address.

Comment

sorry now i will post the link and the company is exactly the same as the one i poste above but it shows a smaller price on aliexpress with shipping to my location.
      https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/10050...yAdapt=glo2bra
      its the same company
      TOUCAN RC HOBBY STORE

Comment

Originally posted by keilau View Post

This is the Toucan Hobby Store shipped from China. The shipping from China is $130.59 to my US address. I can buy from Toucan's US warehouse for $30 shipping, but a higher tank price. The total is still a saving compared to shipped from China. How much is the shipping from China to your country? The real cost is tank price plus shipping to your address.
        I CHECKED AND THE DIFFERENCE AT MY DOOR SHIPPING INCLUDED ITS GIVING 90 USD LESS asking from aliexpress than drectly from toucanhobby. website, same exact adress was used for both to compare the whole price with shipping included.

Comment

I CHECKED AND THE DIFFERENCE AT MY DOOR SHIPPING INCLUDED ITS GIVING 90 USD LESS asking from aliexpress than drectly from toucanhobby. website, same exact adress was used for both to compare the whole price with shipping included.
          Can you identify which website you get the lowest price. The Toucan Hobby Store website is smart enough to identify your location and direct you to the nearest warehouse site.

Comment

AliExpress does not provide customer support like eBay or Amazon. It's just a marketplace for individual stores & sellers. I've encountered scams or just non-response twice from it. Won't do it again.
            Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by keilau View Post

Can you identify which website you get the lowest price. The Toucan Hobby Store website is smart enough to identify your location and direct you to the nearest warehouse site.
              well after i put the adress what i have is this
              Click image for larger version

Name:	toucanhobby-walker-buldog.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	387669
              THIS IS IN USD
              BELLOW IS FROM ALIEXPRESS (SAME STORE AS WELL TOUCANHOBBY) AND THE VALUE IS IN POLISH ZLOTYS

Name:	ALIEXPRESS-WALKER-BULDOG.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	387670
              TOTAL 1093,18 + 272,62 PLN FOR SHIPPING = 1365.80 PLR
              CONVERTED TO USD - 312 USD
              THERE IS STILL SOME DIFFERENCE 45.9 USD DIFFERENCE.

Comment

Another important question for me is the battery tray compartment.
                I have some 3s lipos 2500mah that i would like to use.
                they hare 2.8mm thick x 78mm
                height 76mm
                thickness 28mm
                width 38mm
                will they fit on these two tanks without any issue?
                either the 41 Buldog or the T34 -85?
                Another question is how to adjust the tracks on both of them?
                does the M41 has an adjustable idler? if not how to adjust the tracks, do we have to remove one link of each track to stay more tensionable?
                and the T34 does it have adjustable idler?
                Im focusing on these two models first on all metal parts, but i know the added weight will give more wear and less runtime, on the other hand is good the added weight for climbing and with metal tracks doesnt slip so much as metal.
                So i think the plastic tracks are better suited for indoor use and metal tracks for outdoors ( i have a wooden floor) and i am concerned if i play at home with metal tracks the floor will get badly scrached, lol

Comment

I cannot comment on battery size and whether a 3s will fit. Most 2s of 2500mah will give 3/4 - 1 hour run time. I use 2s 3200mah in all my tanks and I get between 1 - 1.5 hours run time in my Challenger and Abrams which both weigh about 8kg. I might look at 2s 4000mha - 5000mah batteries. Going to 3s and raising the voltage may bring overheating issues. Others may better advice.
                  From personal experience regarding tracks. The Challenger and Abrams both use heavy metal renditions of modern track with rubber pads. Great grip on wooden floors, tarmac, slabs and carpets. Too much grip on grass, making turns difficult, which places strains on the motors. Plastic tracks on my Tiger work well on all surfaces, but have slip on smooth surfaces. The T72 has metal tracks with out pads, very similar to the plastic tracks. Other factors come into play. I find that the rear drive tanks, Challenger, Abrams, and T72 all tend to rip up grass and clog the drive sprockets, so causing the tracks to walk off the sprockets. Our local beach which is small stones and shells, brings different issues with these tanks, with stones being picked up and jamming the tracks, causing damage to the drive systems. Hard packed, and soft dry sand do not cause the same issues. These problems do not affect the Tiger, which runs well on most surfaces including the beach and the garden.

Comment

Originally posted by Meter Rat View Post
                    I cannot comment on battery size and whether a 3s will fit. Most 2s of 2500mah will give 3/4 - 1 hour run time. I use 2s 3200mah in all my tanks and I get between 1 - 1.5 hours run time in my Challenger and Abrams which both weigh about 8kg. I might look at 2s 4000mha - 5000mah batteries. Going to 3s and raising the voltage may bring overheating issues. Others may better advice.
                    From personal experience regarding tracks. The Challenger and Abrams both use heavy metal renditions of modern track with rubber pads. Great grip on wooden floors, tarmac, slabs and carpets. Too much grip on grass, making turns difficult, which places strains on the motors. Plastic tracks on my Tiger work well on all surfaces, but have slip on smooth surfaces. The T72 has metal tracks with out pads, very similar to the plastic tracks. Other factors come into play. I find that the rear drive tanks, Challenger, Abrams, and T72 all tend to rip up grass and clog the drive sprockets, so causing the tracks to walk off the sprockets. Our local beach which is small stones and shells, brings different issues with these tanks, with stones being picked up and jamming the tracks, causing damage to the drive systems. Hard packed, and soft dry sand do not cause the same issues. These problems do not affect the Tiger, which runs well on most surfaces including the beach and the garden.
                    Thank you for your comment, but regarding to 3s someone stated that its possible to lower the settings to only 80% power to prevent heat issues.
                    regarding to the Tiger wich one do you think its best? i am a newbie and we after all the advices we were boiling to two models
                    M41 from heng long all metal parts
                    and also
                    t34-85 from heng long as well metal
                    tiger is another tank model? If so can you provide a link so i know wich one is it?
                    i am in the process of choosing my first tank and i have some experience in rc since the nitro rc buggies, of course now i upgraded to all eletrical but still i would like to have a tank.
                    thanks in advance.

Comment

height 76mm
                      thickness 28mm
                      width 38mm
                      either the 41 Bulldog or the T34 -85?
                      I do not recommend using 3S nor LiPo battery for the Heng Long tank due to safety concerns. Lithium battery overheat easily by itself. You should use 2S Lithium Ion pack with protection circuit ONLY. Search for "battery" and keilau on this forum. I have discussed the issue extensively.

Yes, your LiPo battery will fit the standard HL battery compartment.

Comment

Thank you for your comment, but regarding to 3s someone stated that its possible to lower the settings to only 80% power to prevent heat issues.
                        regarding to the Tiger wich one do you think its best? i am a newbie and we after all the advices we were boiling to two models
                        M41 from heng long all metal parts
                        and also
                        t34-85 from heng long as well metal
                        tiger is another tank model? If so can you provide a link so i know wich one is it?
                        i am in the process of choosing my first tank and i have some experience in rc since the nitro rc buggies, of course now i upgraded to all eletrical but still i would like to have a tank.
                        thanks in advance.
                        All metal editions and shipped from I think either Holland or Belgium. Very reliable company.

1/16 Scale German Tiger 1 Heavy Tank Professional Edition by Heng Long - RTR - HLG3818-002 Able to penetrate the armor of Allied vehicles even beyond typical engagement range, the Tiger I's 8.8cm cannon earned it a reputation for lethal, unmatched firepower. This Professional edition features metal gears internally, an

1/16 Scale Panther Type G Battle Tank Professional Edition by Heng Long - RTR - HLG3879-002 The Panther G is considered by many to be one of the best tanks that saw action during World War II. This Professional edition features metal gears internally, and metal tracks, idler wheel, and sprocket drive externally. Heng L

1/16 Scale USA M41 Walker Bulldog Light Tank Professional Edition by Heng Long - RTR - HLG3839-002 Named in honor of General Walton Walker, the Walker Bulldog light tank saw service in the Korean War and other theaters, becoming a bridge between post-war and third-generation tank technology. This Professional edition f

1/16 Scale Soviet Union T-34 Medium Tank Professional Edition by Heng Long - RTR - HLG3909-002 With its surprise introduction in 1940 and later fighting in the famed Battle of Kursk, the Soviet built T-34's sloped armor revolutionized tank design and forced the Axis to scramble for a response to this new Allied weapon.

Possible free shipment to Poland.
                        I should point out my Tiger is made from three different manufacturers.

Comment

Originally posted by Meter Rat View Post

All metal editions and shipped from I think either Holland or Belgium. Very reliable company.

1/16 Scale German Tiger 1 Heavy Tank Professional Edition by Heng Long - RTR - HLG3818-002 Able to penetrate the armor of Allied vehicles even beyond typical engagement range, the Tiger I's 8.8cm cannon earned it a reputation for lethal, unmatched firepower. This Professional edition features metal gears internally, an

1/16 Scale German Panther Battle Tank Professional Edition by Heng Long - RTR - HLG3819-002 Based on a theoretical pairing between a Tiger I and a Panther G, Heng Long's Panther or "Pantiger" as it is known in the RC tank world, emphasizes RC-friendly handling over scale historical provenance. This Professional edition

1/16 Scale USA M41 Walker Bulldog Light Tank Professional Edition by Heng Long - RTR - HLG3839-002 Named in honor of General Walton Walker, the Walker Bulldog light tank saw service in the Korean War and other theaters, becoming a bridge between post-war and third-generation tank technology. This Professional edition f

1/16 Scale Soviet Union T-34 Medium Tank Professional Edition by Heng Long - RTR - HLG3909-002 With its surprise introduction in 1940 and later fighting in the famed Battle of Kursk, the Soviet built T-34's sloped armor revolutionized tank design and forced the Axis to scramble for a response to this new Allied weapon.

Possible free shipment to Poland.

Thank you for your search, i have noticed that the M41 is cheaper and they are not charging shipping fees on any of them to deliver them to Poland.
                          Althout there are other models that are more expensive than in ali.
                          so Bottom line.wich one is best mechanically speaking and less hassle free?
                          i checked also this video that states that all tanks from HENG LONG version 6.0 upwards have the idler tension for the tracks
                          please check the video bellow
                          This video shows your how to prevent your RC Tanks from constant de-tracking and what you can do. We sell upgrade parts for your RC Tanks!www.rctanklegion.com

at time 0.57 seconds it shows how to tension the tracks
                          i dond know if the heng long M41 ALSO HAVE THIS IDLER and i would like to know, because its crucial to tension the tracks so they dont go out.
                          another questions is
                          are any of the other versions presented above better? and if so why?
                          Since the price range is small sometimes its better to choose something better mechanically.
                          what are your thoughts about them?
                          or its just a matter of preference and all of them are good equally?

Comment

height 76mm
                            thickness 28mm
                            width 38mm
                            either the 41 Buldog or the T34 -85?
                            does the M41 has an adjustable idler? if not how to adjust the tracks, do we have to remove one link of each track to stay more tensionable?
                            Im focusing on these two models first on all metal parts, but i know the added weight will give more wear and less runtime, on the other hand is good the added weight for climbing and with metal tracks doesnt slip so much as metal.
                            So i think the plastic tracks are better suited for indoor use and metal tracks for outdoors ( i have a wooden floor) and i am concerned if i play at home with metal tracks the floor will get badly scrached, lol
                            No idler adjustment on the M41 but it usually does not need adjustments.

The T34 has idler adjustment but here again you will probably never need to use it.

Yes plastic tracks are better for indoor running on har wood floors. Metal tracks will cause scratches more easily.

Weight will not effect run time noticeably on the two tanks you are looking especially with the large capacity batteries like those you are planning to run.

Let me start this next paragraph by saying I am also not a fan of running Lipos in tanks but many people do use them. You are safe to use LiPo batteries IF you have the experience using and storing them and understand their special safety needs. 3s are also safe to run as the new control systems are rated for 12.6v maximum and a 20 amp max draw. Still it is best to not run the tank using a 3s continuously unless it is run on Low Power =70% of peak voltage or roughly 8-9 peak volts. It will get hot pretty fast and shut down. Repeated heat related shut downs WILL damage the electronic. If you want to routinely run the tanks on maximum power using a 3s you will need to upgrade the control system to the 7.1 which has a much higher amp draw rating of 160, but the same maximum voltage. I will warn you that the tanks will be stupidly fast and nearly uncontrollable on high power mode running 3s batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

No idler adjustment on the M41 but it usually does not need adjustments.
                              im afraid of that on the M41 specially with metal tracks i have seem some get out on loose dirt and sand,
                              so i would like to know if it would be better to choose another model less prone to have this issue or the improvements that can be done to prevent this.

The T34 has idler adjustment but here again you will probably never need to use it.

Yes plastic tracks are better for indoor running on har wood floors. Metal tracks will cause scratches more easily.
                              tha problem is that i love to play outside go for some hill climbs and some obstacles and the metal tracks i think they are better suited and the extra weigh is a good thing on the subject to get the tank planted on the ground and get some grip on the loose surfaces.

Weight will not effect run time noticeably on the two tanks you are looking especially with the large capacity batteries like those you are planning to run.

You are safe to use LiPo batteries IF you have the experience using and storing them. 3s are also safe to run as the new control systems are rated for 12.6v maximum and a 20 amp max draw. Still it is best to not run the tank using a 3s continuously unless it is run on Low Power =70% of peak voltage or roughly 8-9 peak volts. It will get hot pretty fast and shut down. Repeated heat related shut downs WILL damage the electronic. If you want to routinely run the tanks on maximum power using a 3s you will need to upgrade the control system to the 7.1 which has a much higher amp draw rating of 160, but the same maximum voltage. I will warn you that the tanks will be stupidly fast and nearly uncontrollable on high power mode running 3s batteries.

my idea is not to overheat or run in full speed with 3s but to go smoothly and enjoy more run time, thats it.

so wich one you guys think i should pull the trigger?

Name:	TANK-OPTION-M41-WALKER-BULDOGXT34-85.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	387682
                              the ide

Comment

I have no experience with the M41.
                                Stanley at RC tank Liegion is also a good supplier.

The Challenger, Abrams, and T72 all have the same track adjusters on the front idler. My Tiger is based on a Tamiya chassis, so has an Henntec type adjuster on the rear idlers.

None of my tanks, with exception of the T72, are stock, and have aftermarket parts, which alters how each tank performs. Each tank will have a different type of track adjustment depending on if it has front or rear idlers. Do not expect any model never to shed a track, as the way the tank is driven, the type of track, and the terrain can all affect the retention of the tracks. A lot of people on here run tanks hard in battle and use plastic tracks, as they are more forgiving and come off less often. I have aftermarket metal tracks for realism, but they cause a lot of problems. Stock Heng Long tracks are lighter, but not very realistic. All Heng Long have pretty much the same electronics, motors and gear box. Just do not buy one with a plastic gearbox. Plastic do strip the final drive. The models are adequate for what they are, and in my experience all are reliable.

You have to remember that these are essentially aimed at the toy market. If you want a detailed scale model which performs buy a Tamiya.

The differences in price are explained in the information, but with Motion RC it usually comes down to one having plastic running gear and one has metal running gear. I have know experience with Heng Long WW2 tanks, as my interest is in modern tanks, they may have started out as basic Heng Long but they have all been modified with upgraded parts and running gear. The only one which is stock out of the box is the T72, and it does what I ask of it. The best advice would be pick the model you like the look of as they will all perform similar. You will need to learn how to repair and replace parts as and when they wear out or brake which ever one you purchase..

Comment

I liked the M41
                                  but I will do some upgrades of course but I prefer the professional version in metal and it seems it has tension of that tracks adjustment.
                                  I will confirm and then will orderClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2023-10-01-19-55-33-979_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd-edit.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	387693

Comment

So i think the plastic tracks are better suited for indoor use and metal tracks for outdoors ( i have a wooden floor) and i am concerned if i play at home with metal tracks the floor will get badly scratched, lol

You will find many useful information at the Metal Upgrades thread. I did not start it, but have several posts on the T-34/85 metal upgrades that you may find useful.

I have a Pershing, and a Bulldog with metal tracks, drive sprockets, and gear box. I've been looking at other metal upgrades road wheels, idler wheels, suspension arms, and shocks. Are these good upgrades, or are these a hindrance by adding too much weight, or other things I'm not foreseeing?

Since you plan to buy the RTR metal version, you may not need to worry about the idler adjustment nor adding weight.

Comment

Remember we all have our preferences or non preferences. I run all my tanks on 5200mAh 2S soft LiPos. I have a lot of LiPos, maybe 70-80, and know how to treat them and store them. The ones I use in my tanks are older ones that I don’t use in my planes anymore. I can run an afternoon on a single charge. I’ve never had any kind of issue using them in the tanks.

Toy VS hobby grade is just a label. The H-L or Tamiya both could be called toy or hobby grade in my opinion. It’s all in what you want, they are all toys.

When I recommended the Bulldog and T-34 in metal it was because of two reasons, first they have been bulletproof and required nothing for upkeep. The bigger tanks in metal require more maintenance and in some cases upgrades of the upgrades. The extra weight in the big tanks takes its toll. Better dual pin tank treads and drive shaft bearings are a big help on them.

But again we all have opinions and I run my tanks for fun and not “competitively” or in water or sand.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                        Remember we all have our preferences or non preferences. I run all my tanks on 5200mAh 2S soft LiPos. I have a lot of LiPos, maybe 70-80, and know how to treat them and store them. The ones I use in my tanks are older ones that I don’t use in my planes anymore. I can run an afternoon on a single charge. I’ve never had any kind of issue using them in the tanks.

Toy VS hobby grade is just a label. The H-L or Tamiya both could be called toy or hobby grade in my opinion. It’s all in what you want, they are all toys.

When I recommended the Bulldog and T-34 in metal it was because of two reasons, first they have been bulletproof and required nothing for upkeep. The bigger tanks in metal require more maintenance and in some cases upgrades of the upgrades. The extra weight in the big tanks takes its toll. Better dual pin tank treads and drive shaft bearings are a big help on them.

Can you explain what you mean by dual pin tank threads and drive shaft bearings?
                                        do the Heng Long M41 Walker Buldog professional version already came with those?
                                        if not were to buy then and exaclty what parts?
                                        another question.
                                        I have seen this aftermarket part to improve and stabilize the wobbling of the idler gears, do the M41 comes with bearings on this part or were cam I buy this part bellow?

Name:	IMG_20231002_015028.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	387715

But again we all have opinions and I run my tanks for fun and not “competitively” or in water or sand.

Comment

I have the all metal upgrade versions of the Heng Long T-34, Bulldog, T-90, Challenger II, Leopard 2A6 and plastic versions of the King Tiger and M1A2. I really had issues with the Challenger keeping the treads on. I added the two pin treads, link below to some so you can see and added the drive shaft bearing and modified the drive sprockets to get a smooth running reliable tank. Because of this I got the plastic M1A2 and King Tiger, no issues with them at all.

Thats why I recommended the smaller Bulldog and T-34, absolutely reliable and they run great.

All mine except one, I forget now which, came with the place to put the extra bearings on the axles so I did add them to all my tanks. I think the Bulldog comes with the place molded in and you just need to buy the bearings and put them in. I just bought a bunch of the bearings off amazon, generic ones. The older H-L tanks needed the metal adapter in your picture, the newer ones have a place molded in so you don't need the adapter, just the bearings.

I also put the more powerful red motors in my larger tanks and about half have my own design FPV system with head tracking.

HengLong RC Tank 1/16 Scale M1A2 Abrams 3918 Metal Tracks W/ Double Rubbers | eBay

Comment

Working...
                                          X