X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keilau View Post
    The M5 Stuart is one of the smaller tank in early WW2. It brings back memory of the large 1/6 scale 21st Century Toy Ultimate Soldier 1/6 RC M5 Stuart Tank It was popular in the early 2000 due to its large scale and robust construction. It had its own yahoo group.​

In 1/16 scale, it will be a cute, tiny RC tank.
    still have one, wish they could all be 1/6th!

Comment

Originally posted by Nfafan View Post
      still have one, wish they could all be 1/6th!
      A picture of your 1/6 scale M5 Stuart next to a 1/16th scale M4 Sherman?

Comment

I've always had a soft spot for the Stuart as it was what got me back into tanking in the early 2000's. I bought an M5 Stuart in 1/6th scale and in my search for ways to detail the tank, I found the Fort Snelling Military Museum in Minneapolis, MN. I volunteered there restoring real tanks and got to drive a bunch of different vehicles to include a Sherman. They had a beautifully restored M5 called "UGO" that has now been relocated to the east coast. I would be down to own one of these even though I no longer own the 1/6th scale version. I don't like the fact that they are putting that chevron on the tracks as there were only two track versions of the M5 that I know of and neither had a chevron like that. One was an all metal track (T36E6) and the other was a rubber padded track (T16E1) with smooth pads. My guess is that they are making the tracks with a chevron because they are making a Chaffee tank after that as it has a chevron track (T85E1).

Comment

This 6 years old thread at the UK RC Tank Warfare site has some interesting pictures of the 21st Century M5 Stuart RC tank.
          You can see how it compares to the 1/16 Sherman in size.
          Hi Everyone, I started this build a while back on RC Groups tank pages. If you want to see more here's a link to my build: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showth

Comment

Coolbank Wang posted these on FB, stating "in development soon". I imagine it's in production or something.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CW Churchill 01.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	393044

Name:	CW Churchill 02.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	393045

Name:	CW Churchill 04.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	393046

Name:	CW Churchill 03.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	393047
            Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

It should be fun to dirty up!

Name:	Real Churchill 01.jpg
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	393050 Click image for larger version

Name:	Real Churchill 02.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	393051 Click image for larger version

Name:	Real Churchill 04.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	393052 Click image for larger version

Name:	Real Churchill 03.png
Views:	315
Size:	616.8 KB
ID:	393053

Comment

Awesome! I can give up on the 3d one I've been working on. That was a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                  Coolbank Wang posted these on FB, stating "in development soon". I imagine it's in production or something.

Name:	CW Churchill 02.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	393045

Name:	CW Churchill 04.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	393046

Name:	CW Churchill 03.jpg
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	393047
                  The design is moving fast because TD has partnered with DKLM and is using a number of already "worked up parts" from the OKMO version DKLM has had available for a few years now.

Name:	14A27330-F835-4E56-A915-810AEFEF86AD.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	393065

Comment

That's awesome. Lower R&D time = better outcome of the product and lower price for us in a small way.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post

Why does Coolbank post Tongde product in development if they parted company awhile back? Did they reconnect?

Comment

Why does Coolbank post Tongde product in development if they parted company awhile back? Did they reconnect?
                        He is a "hang around" at their plant, but does not have a "say" in design or production, so we are told (?).

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post
                          He is a "hang around" at their plant, but does not have a "say" in design or production, so we are told (?).
                          If I were Tongde, I would be very, very worry about intellectual property being stolen. Never heard of a product development department to allow any "hang around". It sounds like Coolbank Wang is in good term with Tongde and allowed his name to be used on a line of Tongde product.

Comment

As long as product is developed, I don't care who likes who!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Take My Money.jpg Views:	0 Size:	17.2 KB ID:	393075

Comment

One could speculate for days on what peoples relationships are with each other and still get it wrong. On the manufacturing side there are people who I've encountered who are dishonest or are just middle men in other industries. Not saying that's what this is, but you really don't know what the full story is unless you know all sides. People bounce around companies all the time over there just like they do here, so the knowledge doesn't stay proprietary. IP is looked at differently in China to put it politely.

As a consumer, I'm just glad we have choices and I hope they can hold up their end as a brand.

Comment

If I were Tongde, I would be very, very worry about intellectual property being stolen. Never heard of a product development department to allow any "hang around". It sounds like Coolbank Wang is in good term with Tongde and allowed his name to be used on a line of Tongde product.
                                The Chinese do things very differently then we in the west do. I stopped trying to figure out the "way of what they do".

Comment

I had a talk with some Chinese lawyers visiting the US a while back. Long story short, "intellectual property" is not a legal concept there, so using someone else's idea is not illegal or immoral. Yep, just different.

Comment

Yesterday it was CW. Today TD posted shots. Check out the suspension; springs on every bogie!

Click image for larger version  Name:	TD Churchill 01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.8 KB ID:	393126 Click image for larger version  Name:	TD Churchill 03.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.2 KB ID:	393127 Click image for larger version  Name:	TD Churchill 04.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.0 KB ID:	393128 Click image for larger version  Name:	TD Churchill 07.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.0 KB ID:	393129 Click image for larger version  Name:	TD Churchill 02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.2 KB ID:	393130 Click image for larger version  Name:	TD Churchill 06.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.1 KB ID:	393131 Click image for larger version  Name:	TD Churchill 05.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.1 KB ID:	393132

Comment

I for one am tired of so many wwii tanks being produced that will likely have low sales, especially one like this,. Our hobby needs more Cold War tanks and the modern stuff that is not US and Russian.
                                      we finally got the M60 series and the Bradley from TD . But we need to see Leopard 1, AMX 30, Type 74 and some modern stuff like Leclerc. Possibly even the M48 or an M5 Stewart which I think would sell better than that old British tank.
                                      Im thinking about what is marketable across the world market in large numbers. I just feel like that tank might sell a few in the US and a bunch in the UK and that’s it.
                                      I ponder how popular the TD Centurion actually is, and many that wanted one already bought the Tamiya release or Haya.
                                      Low sales due to a poor choice of subject could lead to them stopping producing new tanks because they may not be aware they picked a poor marketable subject. Especially when your paying 200 bucks for the shipping on each tank.
                                      I mean no offense to anyone that actually wants to buy this tank, I just think it’s not very marketable. In my own opinion I would love to see an M47 produced as it was used all over the world, but I just don’t think it would sell well and I say that when I talk to tank Reps.sure a few would sell here in the US and maybe Germany but I think that’s it.
                                      But they are goin for it so I hope they sell enough to make it a good project and keep them making new tanks. Go get one guys.
                                      RC tank parts and accessories I make
                                      www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

The Churchill would not have been my first choice for a British WW2 tank, I would have gone for a Cromwell (yes Hooben makes one but it is expensive and unreliable) as it had a much better service record and was used more extensive in the war. But I understand the why of the Churchill being produced since a good majority of it was already designed and in production with OKMO. It was just easier to get out quickly.

Personal I am waiting on the M24 Chaffee which unfortunately is running behind schedule. Hopefully all the delays will be worked out before the Chinese New Year. If not it will be summer of 24 before we see it.

Comment

One advantage to their choice of Churchill is the tank served in Korea too, not just WWII. Same for the upcoming M24, which even went into Viet Nam.
                                          That said, more modern AFVs would have wider appeal.

Comment

Working...
                                          X