• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tongde posted a FB video of their Churchill. I saw the following:

Accurate gun recoil.
    Muzzle flash LED.
    Hull MG flashing and moving.
    Coax MG flashing.
    Metal road wheels, idlers, sprockets & tracks.
    Individual road wheel suspension.
    Track tension adjusters.

No update on release. Definitely no airsoft capability. Not sure if I see an IR bulb in the mantlet recess.

If/when it's released, I recommend getting the version with metal road wheels. Those wheels are small and the flanges would be fragile in plastic.
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

I've been told by DKLM that the Churchill will be released in "late February". He plans to post them on his website sometime this week. Both versions, plastic vs metal running gear, will be available at the same time. No price yet.

Comment

im gonna say its gonna be $50 more expensive then the respective m60 model with all the extra stuff they show

Comment

DKLM RC has posted the Tongde Churchill as a pre-order on his website; $169 for plastic, $305 for metal....plus the dreaded shipping cost. To California it is $199. Carson(DKLM) says he is trying to find a US dealer, but for now it's shipping from HK or CN. He says to expect shipment in late February or early March because of the month-long Chinese New Year factory shutdowns.

I'll start a new thread when one arrives at my door!

Specs from his website:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-27 070813.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	395750
          I've chosen the metal version. Those tiny roadwheels and suspension arms could be fragile if they were plastic. My main concern however, is the TD main board. It's listed as the 2.0 version which is in the M2 Bradley, which is probably necessary to facilitate selection of the two machine guns and the articulation of the hull MG. There was a discrepancy in the M2's IR battling compatibility, as mentioned elsewhere. Unless TD has remedied this, which is possible given their desire to enter the tank market, a compromise between a TD board with all bells & whistles or an HL board for IR fights. It remains to be seen...

A photo from FB:

Name:	422424148_899651015496320_3200146249380257703_n.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	208.8 KB
ID:	395749

One thing I will give TD credit for; eliminating airsoft from their tanks allows a greater degree of freedom in choice of subjects and adherence to scale. No more 6mm bore gun barrels!

Comment

A couple of other tidbits from Carson:

He made a Churchill Crocodile trailer for his OKMO version. If there is a demand, he may print up some more.

Name:	422425073_899684118826343_8397338141694140484_n.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	395752

He also said TD actually made the metal T-90 product mentioned earlier in this thread, but they did not market it. I got the impression that he could get one on special order if asked.

Comment

Carson posted a print of the trailer, says it'll be on his website soon.

Name:	425368698_903806445080777_3714084377694842175_n.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	396111 Click image for larger version

Name:	425381557_903806391747449_1545848515358675954_n.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	396112

Comment

Coolbank Wang posted a clip of the Churchill running.

Comment

I received a message from DKLM. The metal versions of the Churchill will be delayed a bit. The metal parts are subcontracted by TD, and that factory is delayed resuming after CNY. Hopefully to be released in mid=march.

Comment

I just saw this on the Facebook. Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1709147355140.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	397868
                    RC tank parts and accessories I make
                    www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Nice me likey
                      Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

HOLY SH!T YESSSS

Comment

the half track is the 2024 catalogue product image so this is very real

Torro main catalogue 2024  Pages: 88 A4 Landscape   Nominal fee: 2€

Comment

So you know how coolbank said that motion was gonna be carrying tongde tanks and some people said that motion denied it and said they were not considering carrying their tanks

Yeah about that.

Radio Controlled Tanks (RC Tanks) The World of Tanks begins at Motion RC! Control the RC battlefield with a Remote Controlled (RC) Tank or RC Armored Vehicle from Motion RC! Build and drive the best brands of RC tanks from Heng Long, Tamiya, Torro, Primus, Clark, Hooben, Trumpeter and many others. Engage in infrared (I

Motion just posted the full line of tongde tanks for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta_19 View Post
                              So you know how coolbank said that motion was gonna be carrying tongde tanks and some people said that motion denied it and said they were not considering carrying their tanks

Yeah about that.

Radio Controlled Tanks (RC Tanks) The World of Tanks begins at Motion RC! Control the RC battlefield with a Remote Controlled (RC) Tank or RC Armored Vehicle from Motion RC! Build and drive the best brands of RC tanks from Heng Long, Tamiya, Torro, Primus, Clark, Hooben, Trumpeter and many others. Engage in infrared (I

Motion just posted the full line of tongde tanks for sale.
                              This is great news!! Motion has been watching the forum and the generally good feedback the TD tanks have been receiving.

Motions price with FREE shipping is also really good especially on the metal version.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

This is great news!! Motion has been watching the forum and the generally good feedback the TD tanks have been receiving.

Motions price with FREE shipping is also really good especially on the metal version.
                                Really really good seeing as how the only other north American retailer I can think about is nova and they don't carry the metal versions.

Comment

Really really good seeing as how the only other north American retailer I can think about is nova and they don't carry the metal versions.
                                  Now that MotionRC joined the Tongde camp. I hope to see Toucan Hobby making the move too. As of today, Tongde is twice the price of an equivalent Heng Long model version. It may be a result of the production rate too. When Tongde gets more popular, the price will come down too.

Comment

Originally posted by keilau View Post
                                    Now that MotionRC joined the Tongde camp. I hope to see Toucan Hobby making the move too. As of today, Tongde is twice the price of an equivalent Heng Long model version. It may be a result of the production rate too. When Tongde gets more popular, the price will come down too.
                                    0-40 more is not twice the price. The t-72 and t-90 are both 319, same as tongde's metal offerings and the abrams is 299 normal, 20 cheaper then tongde.

Comment

Pretty cool thread here and I really hope torro comes out with a 1/2 track, that would be just great.

I haven't seen anything about the re-release of the tamiya sherman. Has anyone heard when that's supposed to happen or how much they're going to be charging?

Comment

0-40 more is not twice the price. The t-72 and t-90 are both 319, same as tongde's metal offerings and the abrams is 299 normal, 20 cheaper then tongde.
                                        The Heng Long price at MotionRC is higher than some other sellers. The difference is bigger in their plastic version. You are right that it is NOT exactly a 2 to 1 ratio, just close to it.

I have been trying to decide between the TD Centurion Mk5 and the HL Challenger2. I always get the basic plastic version and get the higher end metal motor drive chain upgrades. HL metal parts are cheap but poor quality. The $340 for the TD professional version Centurion is very reasonable from MotionRC, but the TD metal track quality does not meet my expectations. in general, HL gets more aftermarket metal upgrade options. Competition makes HL upgrades cheaper. When Tongde gets more popular, the price will come down too. I am very happy that MotionRC now carries TD.

Comment

• I recommend you order quickly. TD is waiting for metal parts from its supplier since CNY which will delay a second shipment once MRC is out. (Info from DKLM.)

Comment

Working...
                                          X