Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are on Facebook, take a look at the Tongde page. They posted a video of their process, from CAD to CNC to Injection Molds and more. If you look closely at the beginning CAD segment, you'll see an M109 in development.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-17 120020.png
Views:	566
Size:	511.4 KB
ID:	388792
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Tongde officially posted their next three releases; Churchill, M109 and M24 Chaffee! No release dates for now. If only there was a local distributor!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
        Tongde officially posted their next three releases; Churchill, M109 and M24 Chaffee! No release dates for now. If only there was a local distributor!
        Also on DKLMs Facebook? Carson (TD technical advisor) is asking for what new tanks people would want to see. I asked for the JSDF Type 74 (mainly because of all the monsters movies it has been in) AMX 30 as addition to the "Cold War" era and Leclerc for a modern tank. Given the totality of available tank from one brand or another these tanks are not offered. Actually none of the major brand offer a French or Japanese tank (Tamiya no longer makes the Type10).

Other tanks I spoke directly with Carson about are the M47 Patton and Leopard 1 (round turret) tanks. Don't think the Leopard 1 will happen but through it out just for thought.

Comment

It's time we have an affordable WWII British tank.

Comment

M47 or M48 would be nice
            Carl

Comment

M24 let's goo!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Also on DKLMs Facebook? Carson (TD technical advisor) is asking for what new tanks people would want to see. I asked for the JSDF Type 74 (mainly because of all the monsters movies it has been in) AMX 30 as addition to the "Cold War" era and Leclerc for a modern tank. Given the totality of available tank from one brand or another these tanks are not offered. Actually none of the major brand offer a French or Japanese tank (Tamiya no longer makes the Type10).

Other tanks I spoke directly with Carson about are the M47 Patton and Leopard 1 (round turret) tanks. Don't think the Leopard 1 will happen but through it out just for thought.
                South Korean K2 Black Panther for a modern tank.

Comment

Great ideas. If you use FB, I recommend you visit DKLMRC's page and post your wishes there. Ones here won't be seen by Tongde.

Comment

Two tidbits:

Nova Hobby (Canada) shows a selection of TD tanks, including the Centurion @ $199, 2 in stock as of 11/14.

Coolbank has a video on Facebook showing their M5A1 Stuart driving around. Apparently he's still developing it. Here's a screen capture:

Name:	Screenshot 2023-11-14 092030.jpg
Views:	1185
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	390472

(I'm not affiliated with CB, or any other manufacturer for that matter. I just like to share with my non-FB friends.)

Comment

I hope he can do this.
                      that sand he is driving in is probably the hardest terrain that thing would see. I hope this comes to pass.
                      RC tank parts and accessories I make
                      www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

I hope they can too because even if the details aren't great, there is the Classy Hobby version of the Stuart that could be used to improve the detail level of the CB Stuart.

Comment

I already built one. Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG8556.jpg
Views:	1150
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	390530
                          RC tank parts and accessories I make
                          www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Tongde's Facebook page says Motion RC is now their US distributor. However, as of 11/27, MRC doesn't show any.

Comment

Tongde's Facebook page says Motion RC is now their US distributor. However, as of 11/27, MRC doesn't show any.
                              If this is true 😉 I think all of us here on HS had something to do with Motion becoming the US distributor. We do have a bunch of threads running on the TD tanks. In fact HS is the go to place I hear for "forum threads" concerning TD tanks.

If it is true😉 let us all hope Motion is only bring in the "metal" versions of the TD tanks because the all plastic version are a bit lacking reliability.

Comment

I had a talk with the gentleman in the tank department from MotionRC. He stated that what I heard about MotionRC as a US distributor for Tongde was not correct. MotionRC will not sell any Tongde tanks at this time or in the near future. MotionRC has not committed yet.

Comment

Maybe TD was trying to get buyers’ leverage.

Comment

Coolbank posted these mold shots on FB. Any guesses what they are for?

Name:	M5 Stuart 02.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	392675 Click image for larger version

Name:	M5 Stuart 04.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	392676 Click image for larger version

Name:	M5 Stuart 03.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	392677 Click image for larger version

Name:	M5 Stuart 01.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	392678

Comment

Coolbank posted these mold shots on FB. Any guesses what they are for?

Name:	M5 Stuart 02.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	392675 Click image for larger version

Name:	M5 Stuart 04.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	392676 Click image for larger version

Name:	M5 Stuart 03.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	392677 Click image for larger version

Name:	M5 Stuart 01.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	392678
                                      Looking at their website, they just posted a running video of the M5 Stuart. In that video, the tracks match the mold and the 3rd pic shows the M5 rear engine grill in the lower left corner.

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
                                        Looking at their website, they just posted a running video of the M5 Stuart. In that video, the tracks match the mold and the 3rd pic shows the M5 rear engine grill in the lower left corner.
                                        The M5 Stuart is one of the smaller tank in early WW2. It brings back memory of the large 1/6 scale 21st Century Toy Ultimate Soldier 1/6 RC M5 Stuart Tank. It was popular in the early 2000 due to its large scale and robust construction. It had its own yahoo group.​

In 1/16 scale, it will be a cute, tiny RC tank.

Comment

Working...
                                        X