Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ETA - JMHO, as I’d gladly buy 1/16th RC Matilda II, Valentine, M13/40, PzKw II, R35/H35, Somua S35, Char B, BMP

Comment

Amazingly WW2 tanks sell much better than modern ones according to Heng Long. Modern ones are bigger and more expensive to manufacture as the injection molds have to be bigger using more plastic.

Comment

I find that surprising but since I guess kids are not buying these the adults are possibly more into the nostalgia of wwii. I still think cold war US and Nato tanks are desperately needed like the m60. Still need an M48 and leopard 1 to round out the cold war. AMX 30 would be good too.
        RC tank parts and accessories I make
        www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Every time I talk to people who want to get into the r/c tank hobby, it’s always WW2 tanks that they think of. The most popular and mentioned? The Tiger I! Everyone’s gotta start somewhere.
          Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

A 14 year old boy, who joined our club at the November event, bought a panther as his first tank.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
              A 14 year old boy, who joined our club at the November event, bought a panther as his first tank.
              As long as it wasn't the Pantiger.

Comment

My first tank was a VS PRO tiger 1 back in 05, I was in grade 4. WW2 stuff is more popular and will be for some time so makes sense most of the releases are from that era.

Some diversity would be nice but what are you as a business gonna chase after? The hearts of a few people or the bag?

Comment

Returning to "rumors of future releases"....Coolbank Wang recently FB posted the Churchill would be available "around the end of January". Shall we say, he's been wrong before, but that's the latest rumor. The specific problem about that prediction is the start of CNY. If product isn't available by then, it'll be March I imagine. He also predicted the Stuart would be available in April. Don't anybody hold their breath, but you never know.

Comment

Just saw some prototype pics from the Coolbank booth. Looks like an M5, an M8, a Crusader, and a Hetzer on those shelves.

Click image for larger version

Name:	418430770_306562612369841_5615220640798038737_n.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	394416 Click image for larger version

Name:	418293025_306562512369851_1633658095529943051_n.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	394419 Click image for larger version

Name:	418304490_306562515703184_3451172969226044240_n.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	394418 Click image for larger version

Name:	418498945_306562485703187_1188748403900361131_n.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	394417

Comment

That’s consistent with statements he’s made in the past. He said he wanted to make more tanks on a smaller platform, like the M5 and M8. I also see the T-34/76 turret he’d talked about. Now if we just were to see the actual products released! Tanks for sharing.

Comment

Crusader comes out its a day one for me. But, at this rate I'm just gonna model and print the 76 turret myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta_19 View Post
                          Crusader comes out its a day one for me. But, at this rate I'm just gonna model and print the 76 turret myself.
                          I'm really surprised that HL or Torro didn't take advantage of printing more "conversions" for their own tanks. To me that is a missed opportunity and not much investment.

Comment

So incase you aren't in the facebook groups, warprints is claiming that coolbanks hetzer is a mass production of their STL's without license.

and the arguments are looking pretty strong that that's the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta_19 View Post
                              So incase you aren't in the facebook groups, warprints is claiming that coolbanks hetzer is a mass production of their STL's without license.

and the arguments are looking pretty strong that that's the case.
                              CW posted a long apology regarding the Hetzer. To mass produce it, it would have to be retooled for injection molding. It was just a demo.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post

CW posted a long apology regarding the Hetzer. To mass produce it, it would have to be retooled for injection molding. It was just a demo.
                                Just saw that on his profile, I get it, using an existing model as a reference well making your own version. Still feels like it should have been better noted.

But, from the looks of it damage is done. Coolbanks and all related profiles have been banned from the groups and, stanlley tai of rc tank legion is already voicing his displeasure with coolbanks and tongde.

Comment

Just keep in mind Coolbank and Tongde are different entities and supposedly TD has parted ways with coolbank.
                                  Stanley should be careful publicly voicing displeasure with either since he is a big vendor. He could accidentally slander them.
                                  TD is making some great tanks and filling holes in the armor in the field we have needed for a long time and they have more to come. They also are listening to feedback that is provided to them and are improving their models and designs. I know for a fact their M60 series has had 3 versions as the parts have been updated for improvement. That’s at least two revisions which require new molds being cut and that ain’t cheap.
                                  Coolbank, while I have had issues with his publicity process, is trying hard to produce stuff that our hobby wants and needs. Rumors aside I hope he gets his m5 out there. I have seen it was planned to be a 3d printed tank model since he has parted ways with TD. I hope it is scale. It looks a bit big and the mantlet is wrong and obtuse looking but we have had to put up with worse…. I already have my m5 I built from the classy hobby kit so probably won’t buy one but I would love to see a bunch on the field.

Comment

Ohh yes I'm following the drama too... Hard not too when it's blowing up on FB rc tank groups left and right.

Comment

If a box with a Stuart, Crusader or Hetzer shows up on my doorstep, I'm not one to ask questions!

Comment

CW posted a render on FB of the M5 Stuart. Not much to say about it, since a render is not a guarantee of an actual object. However it shows a gearbox which can't be a standard TD or HL type. If it exists, it could be valuable for 1/16 DIY projects! The battery won't be the same as the small packs used in HL's Panzer III, StuG III or T-90.

Click image for larger version

Name:	421228621_360918896696141_4364640550865543161_n.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	265.4 KB
ID:	395260

Comment

The standard HL type lion battery will fit fine as I use one in my own m5 Stuart build

Comment

Working...
                                          X