X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great news! Now which one to get...

Spare and upgrade parts available soon i hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barmonkey View Post
      Great news! Now which one to get...

Spare and upgrade parts available soon i hope.
      MotionRC have all the Tongde spare and metal upgrade parts available on their website, but the price is higher than similar HL parts. After selecting the TD tank you are interested, scroll down the page half way and click on the "spare parts". It is a very comprehensive list of TD parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Max-U52 View Post
        Pretty cool thread here and I really hope torro comes out with a 1/2 track, that would be just great.

I haven't seen anything about the re-release of the tamiya sherman. Has anyone heard when that's supposed to happen or how much they're going to be charging?
        The Sherman is supposed to be $900 according to Tamiya and being that Motion RC (forum owner) is a Tamiya distributor it should be expected that they will be charging the MAP price of $900.

No doubt a Japanese EBay seller will have it for far less shortly after it hits the market.

Comment

• Originally posted by keilau View Post
          MotionRC have all the Tongde spare and metal upgrade parts available on their website, but the price is higher than similar HL parts. After selecting the TD tank you are interested, scroll down the page half way and click on the "spare parts". It is a very comprehensive list of TD parts.
          Parts are showing out of stock for the Tongde models right now. May take a bit for Motion to get the parts in the system I suspect.

M60A3 on the way!!!

Comment

• For those of you buying or looking to buy the TD M60 check out RichJohnson Models and Stuff. They have a bunch of detailing parts like proper scale canon barrels and spotlights to name only a few that when added really bring the M60 to life.

Not shown on the RichJohnson site yet is complete replacement armor package for the RISE (USMC M60) that is far more accurate and detailed then the stock armor provided.

Comment

• You weren’t supposed to talk about accurate scale USMC RISE package yet….
              RC tank parts and accessories I make
              www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post
                For those of you buying or looking to buy the TD M60 check out RichJohnson Models and Stuff. They have a bunch of detailing parts like proper scale canon barrels and spotlights to name only a few that when added really bring the M60 to life.

Not shown on the RichJohnson site yet is complete replacement armor package for the RISE (USMC M60) that is far more accurate and detailed then the stock armor provided.
                The most important and best money value of Tongde M60 upgrade from RichJohnson is his torsion bar suspension bracket. $17 plus shipping, but is currently out of stock. The bracket is the most likely to break TD part if you monkey with the suspension.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	KIMG7803.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.2 KB ID:	398237
                I have the plastic version of the TD M60A1. I upgraded the suspension arm to metal using TD parts and added ball bearings to the arms and road wheels. It is not a cheap upgrade because of the cost of the ball bearings, but it is one of the best upgrade I ever did. Now, if someone will market a good nylon track for the M60!
                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5191.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.8 KB ID:	398238 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5251.jpg Views:	0 Size:	154.1 KB ID:	398244 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5256.jpg Views:	0 Size:	130.0 KB ID:	398240
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5250.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	398247 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5252.jpg Views:	0 Size:	126.4 KB ID:	398245
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Barmonkey View Post

Parts are showing out of stock for the Tongde models right now. May take a bit for Motion to get the parts in the system I suspect.

M60A3 on the way!!!
                  I was thinking that MotionRC arranged the RC tank and supporting parts in the same agreement, but I could be wrong. Hope that the spare parts will be in stock soon.

Comment

• Just ordered the M60, as well as a sabertooth 2x32 for my 1/6 scale Jagdpanther. Today was a good day. I've been waiting for an M60 since I bought my first tank back in 2012..

Comment

Just ordered the M60, as well as a sabertooth 2x32 for my 1/6 scale Jagdpanther. Today was a good day. I've been waiting for an M60 since I bought my first tank back in 2012..
                      Did you buy the metal edition?

Comment

• For all of you who are waiting for delivery of your Tongde M60, you cannot afford to miss the excellent thread by Rubicon99 titled TD M60 A3 review

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...-m60-a3-review

Some of the early production defect he mentioned may have been corrected, it is stiil an excellent guide to improve your TD. Some interinor picture of the late production M60 will be much appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Did you buy the metal edition?
                          Yes. Rich Johnson has been a friend for years and he already broke trail on this so I just followed his advice. That's always worked out well for me in the past and Rich has never steered me wrong.

Comment

Yes. Rich Johnson has been a friend for years and he already broke trail on this so I just followed his advice. That's always worked out well for me in the past and Rich has never steered me wrong.
                            Rich is a good guy he is a wealthy of knowledge.

Comment

• Thanks for the compliments guys.

As for what Keilau mentioned, yes between the several m60s that Rubicon and I have built up, we have seen enough changes that between us we called them version 1, 2 and 3 and I’m sure they will keep improving their design based in public feedback.
                              RC tank parts and accessories I make
                              www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
                                Thanks for the compliments guys.

As for what Keilau mentioned, yes between the several m60s that Rubicon and I have built up, we have seen enough changes that between us we called them version 1, 2 and 3 and I’m sure they will keep improving their design based in public feedback.
                                Out of all the RC tank manufacturers TD has been listing the most and making changes and bring out new tanks the fastest. Their quality is improving fast because they listen (although I still strongly only recommend the "metal upgraded" versions same as I do with HL). The Churchill is out and next we are supposed to see the M24 Chaffee. That will make something like 9 tanks released in 18 months.

Comment

• Just received a plastic version M60A3 today from DKLM. It arrived in one piece, nothing broken. It has the metal suspension arms, washer behind the return roller mounting screws, and the plastic tracks with the bigger track pads. Fit and finish is good no gaps along any seams. Very smooth runner and everything functions as it should.

Comment

• Originally posted by tdriver113 View Post
                                    Just received a plastic version M60A3 today from DKLM. It arrived in one piece, nothing broken. It has the metal suspension arms, washer behind the return roller mounting screws, and the plastic tracks with the bigger track pads. Fit and finish is good no gaps along any seams. Very smooth runner and everything functions as it should.
                                    The washers were something we asked DLKM to have TD install to increase the service life of the return rollers when it was noticed they were wearing fast when driven a lot in soft sand/soil. Good to hear that TD is listening and taking quick steps to mitigate the wear issues.

The metal suspension arms were another upgrade we asked for on the plastic M60s which they started including several months ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by tdriver113 View Post
                                      Just received a plastic version M60A3 today from DKLM. It arrived in one piece, nothing broken. It has the metal suspension arms, washer behind the return roller mounting screws, and the plastic tracks with the bigger track pads. Fit and finish is good no gaps along any seams. Very smooth runner and everything functions as it should.
                                      One of the best Rubicon99 suggestion for the TD M60 was to replace the nylon ring on the torsion arm with a ball bearing, 12 pieces in total. I wonder if Tongde do that on their professional version M60?
                                      Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=375185&d=1680654333.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	398311

Comment

• Originally posted by keilau View Post
                                        One of the best Rubicon99 suggestion for the TD M60 was to replace the nylon ring on the torsion arm with a ball bearing, 12 pieces in total. I wonder if Tongde do that on their professional version M60?
                                        Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=375185&d=1680654333.jpg Views:	0 Size:	128.8 KB ID:	398311
                                        The 12 per side, two on each suspension arm for a total of 24 bearings are only including on the "metal" versions of the TD tanks. We could try and encourage Motion RC to order the all "plastic" tanks with bearings or even brass bushings. Would cause the price to go up a few dollars, but would also add a lot more to the overall quality.

More importantly IMO I would like to see Motion follow what they do with HL and only offer tanks with "steel" gearboxes. Plastic gearboxes in any tank are just one drive outdoors away from breaking. They just do not have the durability for outdoor use.

Comment

• Fedex says my M60 will be here today. That's pretty quick, so I'm happy. I just hope they didn't send it signature required. That's always a problem for me because I live alone, and they absolutely refuse to let my cat sign for the package.

Comment

Working...
                                          X