X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 800 Roban OH-6 Cayouse build

Well, finally got it from Germany, took two months and two days to get it to my door, no damage at all, nice packaging by Roban or whoever does that for them. I just built the same kit basically as the Magnum PI version, this kit also has the upgraded gears and linkage bellcrank levers. Started building it, now that we got some cooler weather, had to do some grinding on the wood where the front mounting screws slide in, they were to tight of a fit between the wood and the L bracket, dremel sander took care of the fit, just perfect, the mechanics slide right in with nothing rubbing on anything, fitted the canopy and boom, then worked on the cockpit be to make it removable, so I will be working on it more this week after work, here is the progress so far.

Pics will be up later.
    Attached Files

Did you order it from Scaleflying.de?

Comment

Yes I did, these are sold out and the only reason I got one was because they got four of them in and the guy from scaleflying actually emailed me and telling me they had one left, so I jumped on it right then and got it, Motion don't carry this one and scaleflying only get these once in awhile, so these are pretty popular I guess.

Comment

Stroke of luck for you, then! I see they have a 600 EC-145 “in the white” that Motion doesn’t offer, but I need to make peace with German first.

Comment

If your talking about Scaleflying.de website, top right corner of the webpage it will ask you if you want to translate German, mark yes and it will be in English, then you will need to register if you want to, you will notice a drop in the prices when you register, for some reason this is strange but they do when you sign in. Then to check your total price, put it in your cart and go all the way to checkout, then you will see what your total is, just convert the EUR to US dollar and you will know what your going to pay.

Comment

Well, I guess the website displays differently on mobile devices like this ipad. I’ll give it a try when laptop charges up. Thanks!

Comment

When I grow up I want to be like DC

Comment

Originally posted by sfcfury View Post
                When I grow up I want to be like DC
                That may not be a good thing....

Comment

Originally posted by PawPaw View Post
                  Well, I guess the website displays differently on mobile devices like this ipad. I’ll give it a try when laptop charges up. Thanks!
                  Oh, your on a mobile device, now that is different, on the Scaleflying.de home page, top right corner next to the little basket you see three lines, click on the three lines, drop down menu will come down, go to the bottom of the page and you will see the word Sprache, click on that and you will get another menu, click on Deutsch, this will give you the option to click on English, after you choose English, click on SPEICHERN, that will save it to English, not everything will change to English, then if you register it will always translate to English. If your confused, so was I until I looked up each word in German and translated each one to English so I new what they meant, well it worked but it took me several tries to finally figure it all out......

Comment

Stroke of luck for you, then! I see they have a 600 EC-145 “in the white” that Motion doesn’t offer, but I need to make peace with German first.
                    I seen that 600 EC-145 fuselage on their web page, its the all white version, so I put it in my cart and checked the total price and conversion, I got $515.87 shipped and paypaled to the US. If you order it, don't expect to get it for a long time....

Comment

Both of you have the Roban 700 Cobra right?, any flights yet??

I want to get one but don't know when MRC will get the gray version back in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                        Both of you have the Roban 700 Cobra right?, any flights yet??

I want to get one but don't know when MRC will get the gray version back in stock.
                        I did a test flight a couple months ago, as I was getting it mostly built and had a tail heavy issue going on... plus I was waiting on those helical parts to come in. I want do most of my 'mechanical' work at one time if I can... then I got side tracked on getting my hobby room together... then I did two weeks of hurricane duty for Laura(I just worked at one of the Government Ops centers- I wasn't doing the real work)... now good ole sally trying to decide whether or not she's going to come on shore.... Looks like I will be blessed again in the sense of missing most the rain. This work crap really gets in the way of my hobbies

Comment

Thanks DCORSAIR...pulled it up on laptop. Your OH-6 looks great, btw. Keep your pics coming!

My Cobra has a couple quick hovers so far and that’s it. Didn’t notice anything major except my confidence level. I just need to stop adding projects & focus on flying.

Comment

DCORSAIR, if I ever ask you to help me decode a German website...or Portuguese, Russian, or Zimbabweze for that matter....please just ignore my post! Remaining blissfully ignorant will hopefully keep me marginally solvent.

Comment

DCORSAIR, if I ever ask you to help me decode a German website...or Portuguese, Russian, or Zimbabweze for that matter....please just ignore my post! Remaining blissfully ignorant will hopefully keep me marginally solvent.
                              , that was funny, gave me a good laugh for tonight,

Comment

Got the cockpit all done and mounted, these Hughes 500 are so easy to build.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Looking good! Strange to see a glass cockpit in an OH-6 though .

Comment

Avionics upgrades!!

Comment

Miley nice, DC. Most interested in the OH-6 transformation so keep those pics coming.

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                        Looking good! Strange to see a glass cockpit in an OH-6 though .
                                        Oh come on, this is the more modern version they sold to the public, the civilian version had more modern avionics, I would have loved to bash this kit into the old green version, but the paint job is so nice I just couldn't do it.. Then I would have to cut down the skids, paint it green, change the cockpit to the old style, too much work for me, we all know the Roban kits are not all that scale anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                        X