Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And even more! :p

Comment

• Thanks for sharing my Mig29 maiden flight video this week. That was a pleasant surprise.

If you want, I also put together this video of my favorite EDF, the Freewing 70mm F-16. For this flight I loaded it up with all the ordnance, including 3D printed wingtip sidewinders and drop tanks I designed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwfjUcgFFBc

(Can't seem to get embed to work, not sure why)

Here is a link to my Thingiverse page. https://www.thingiverse.com/shadowvfx/designs

Drop tank 3D files: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4609456

AIM-9 Sidewinder 3D files: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3592144

Comment

• Originally posted by Suko View Post

I 3D printed some drop tanks to give the plane a complete ordnance load. It looks super cool and surprisingly still flies decent. This has to be my favorite ...

(Can't seem to get embed to work, not sure why)

[/URL]
        I've not been able to figure out the trick to embedding video either. What's the secret?

Comment

• There is alittle "insert video" button to the left of the smiley face in the tool bar above the comment section. Click that button and insert the link

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
            There is alittle "insert video" button to the left of the smiley face in the tool bar above the comment section. Click that button and insert the link
            Yeah, I did that but it's not showing up when I do. I tried 3 different Youtube URLs: Long, Short, and long with just http (not https).

Comment

• My friend finally got around to doing the maiden flight on his Eurofighter. I brought mine out too. I have a few different videos of today's flights you can use if you want. Unfortunately we had that typical PNW gray sky.

Obviously, the embed worked this time. Not sure why it wasn't functioning in my previous post.

Comment

• Split screen video showing hands on transmitter for the MiG! :)

Comment

• And the slow-mo version:

Comment

• Royal New Zealand Airforce P-8 Poseidon finished. This model has far exceeded my expectations, it fly's like its on rails and a true pleasure to land.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daily Warbird View Post
                      Royal New Zealand Airforce P-8 Poseidon finished. This model has far exceeded my expectations, it fly's like its on rails and a true pleasure to land.
                      DW, Great repaint and a very hearty welcome to "The Squawk", Sir. Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Daily Warbird View Post
                        Royal New Zealand Airforce P-8 Poseidon finished. This model has far exceeded my expectations, it fly's like its on rails and a true pleasure to land.
                        Looking great Daily Warbird ! Welcome to Squawk and this will for sure be on the show next Friday!

Comment

• Put together a video of the maiden flight of my F-18 Tiger Meet last week. Been raining or high winds since then so for now the fleet is grounded (thanks to a mediocre pilot). Excuse the flight portion of the video, it was taken with a phone and fairly crappy, but at least it proves that it can actually fly after all that work on it.

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Well done, Hugh! Incredible model!!

davegee

Comment

• Hi folks, was a rainy day today in Switzerland, nevertheless was out with my Freewing Venom DH-112 with onboard cams and happened to "meet" with 2 Swiss Air Force Cougar helicopters...

have fun!

cheers
                              JP

Comment

• A few of my photos from the Dalton Southern Scale Helicopter Challenge last weekend. This has been one of my favorite events to attend every year. Great to see lots of friends and get in some flying. The photos of my H-34 and H-5 in flight are courtesy of Andrew Griffith.

Comment

• Part 2 of photos from the Dalton Scale Challenge

Comment

• Some cool MiG flights...

...and a few pics showcasing Motion's Rippin' the Gripen tee!

Comment

• Finally got the Vulcan setup! Still a bit of fine tuning to do... mainly concerned with the elevator mix for flaps. I'll get it dialed in though. I hope to get the maiden in this weekend.
                                      I took these shots on the mirror (a)to showcase the under coat, and (b)to show James the contrast between purple and blue! I'm running the Spektrum AR631 (just what I've learnt on and know) for stability, with the Smart 6s 4000 50c, which seems to put it a little further back to get the CG in a sweet spot with gear up or down. It's gonna be an awesome maiden.. or an excellent crash vid for the contest!
                                      Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Speaking of CG... just got my Gripen at 40mm aft of factory marks and I like it better there (it's more aggressive so be warned, but it is still stable and safe).

Easily some of the craziest flights I've done with the Gripen so far!

Comment

• This thread's all too silent... where have y'all gone, you guys?

Anyway, there is some new Hornet fun to be shared on my end... enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                                          X