X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
    Just a few Pics from yesterday of my F-4...
    Hugh, OUTSTANDING. Just Awesome Pix of your beautiful Phantom. Happy New Year, Brother. Best, Steve
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Let's open the year with something nerdy...

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
        Let's open the year with something nerdy...

Great video! Keeping it real! Keep the nerdy coming!

Comment

• Airguardian Very well produced, Next Stop Hollywood and Top Gun 3 for you. And they could sure use you're help!
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Thanks guys!
            Now that would be something to dream about... shooting model aircraft 'practical' sequences for a Hollywood-class production, wow!

If the nerdiness is well received may do more of it in the near future... It takes quite some extra effort, gotta say! ^^

Comment

Thanks guys!
              Now that would be something to dream about... shooting model aircraft 'practical' sequences for a Hollywood-class production, wow!

If the nerdiness is well received may do more of it in the near future... It takes quite some extra effort, gotta say! ^^
              Better than watching the news!
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Let's open the year with something nerdy...]
                AG. Quality production. Was there a moment where you began to break character in the opening sequence? Anyway, as a wise Starship Captain once said, "Most legends have their basis in fact." Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, Steve
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Freewing Grumman F9F Panther . original 685mmm span, modified 800mm wingspan 860gms all up take off weight. Wing area of 12.86dm2 = 67 gms/dm2 . 1.15kg manufacturers quoted thrust = 1.45 to 1 at 860gms. FMS 64mm 11 blade edf unit, 2840 3150kv out-runner, 135gms, 40amp esc, 1150gms thrust, 1800mah 4s 70-140c (215 gms). Recalculated cg for modified wing with 15% static margin is 48mm back from LE of intake, set to 38mm back for maiden flight. Modified version has inboard wing extensions with flaps, rudder and sprung nose wheel. Mains wheels repositioned closer to cg. Fod guard to cheater fan, blacked out canopy with open front window to cool battery, esc and make up for fod guard air loss. Ordered fms edf unit to replace duff X-fly unit so it will be February before maiden. More photos in Hobby Squawk thread .

Click image for larger version

Name:	Panther pf4.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	260.3 KB
ID:	334231

Name:	Panther pf2.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	227.3 KB
ID:	334232

Name:	Panther pf3.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	259.1 KB
ID:	334233

Name:	Panther wing setup 2.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	334234

Comment

• Comment

• Been wanting vectored thrust for some time and Air Guardian's videos convinced me to get the Su-35. I didn't appreciate the size of this jet until I got it out of the box. Huge shout out to
                      RC4ever for the tips video on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sHVKNWVwDI). With the flying stab and lower fins it is a challenge to move and store. Used the box to move it from storage to field.

Comment

• Glad that worked for you!
                        I have migrated this habit to other planes as well and often bring them to the field in the foam box, very convenient! :)

BTW, just did my Raptor maiden today, that I got taking advantage of the 'End of year Awards' prize that I got!
                        Thanks one more time to everyone that voted for me! :D

Comment

• More Vulcan adventures, not as nerdy or well produced as the maiden video but funny in a way too ( :

Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                          AG. Quality production. Was there a moment where you began to break character in the opening sequence? Anyway, as a wise Starship Captain once said, "Most legends have their basis in fact." Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, Steve
                          Thanks Elbee!
                          It had to be a 'blend of sorts'... still, acting isn't quite my area of expertise so plenty to learn! ;)

Comment

• Have the MRC Friday Live Shows been cancelled or what?

James ?

Comment

• In the meantime... Raptor flights go on!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Airguardian;n334855]Have the MRC Friday Live Shows been cancelled or what?

It's the what.. not cancelled. It's just been moved to far and few in-between. I believe James said it may change to members only, by member blast announcements, every once in a while. I could be wrong though. He mentioned it near the end of the last Live Show.

Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Twin Otter sees it's shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post
                                    He mentioned it near the end of the last Live Show.
                                    Dang... must have missed that. :'(
                                    Thanks for the heads up!

Well then, in the meantime... let's cheer up with another F-22 video!

Comment

Dang... must have missed that. :'(
                                      Understandable.. I'm sure you and Tuckie were just way too excited at the time to catch it!
                                      I've been enjoying both your's and Tuckie's videos of the prize birds since. Keep 'em coming!
                                      Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Well then, in the meantime... let's cheer up with another F-22 video!
                                        Snagged this from your vid... as these lyrics ran through my mind.

"Fly me to the moon
                                        Let me play among the stars
                                        Let me see what spring is like on a-Jupiter and Mars" ..Frank Sinatra

Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post
                                          Keep 'em coming!
                                          Your wishes are orders, sir!

Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post
                                          "Fly me to the moon
                                          Let me play among the stars..."
                                          About that... guess you must have missed this!

Comment

Working...
                                          X