X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post

About that... guess you must have missed this!
    I did!.. and I love it!!
    Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Good to hear!

Here's some more MiG flying:

Comment

• And best Raptor flights so far! :p

Comment

• Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post

Understandable.. I'm sure you and Tuckie were just way too excited at the time to catch it!
          I've been enjoying both your's and Tuckie's videos of the prize birds since. Keep 'em coming!
          I heard the comment, but it makes no sense. Why should we pay $1 per month to hear about products and see how everyone is flying and finishing their products.

Is the mission to become like the "Hobby store who's name shall not be mentioned" and not provide content, service, and support for everyone?

Comment

• Well, I view it as being like HOG actually. If you ever get a Harley you are invited to join HOG (Harley Owners Group). The live shows are kinda the same. You can learn about the products you may be unaware of. You can share knowledge and customization of the products. With MRCs Live show you even get a chance to win a prize. Could be a Coffee Mug.. or could be one of the many products Motion has to offer. As far as the 'other guys' go.. it make no sense to me.
            So to make sense of the comment for you. The two afore mentioned members had each won a nice EDF model on the final show of the season. I've been seeing their videos of said products as one (Tuckie) learns to fly his... and the other (Airgaurdian) flies his with amazing skills. I hope that helps clarify things for you.
            Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Maybe the next show on February 4th can shed some further light on the issue.

Regardless, today I have one video I'm really excited about... I made this one some time ago but YT blocked it for copyright reasons. They have changed policies though, so it's now available to be seen, so I can finally share it with you folks!

Have a blast!

Comment

• F-117 Nighthawk cardboard 70mm EDF Jet.

Wingspan: 28" (711 mm)
                Length: 38" (965 mm)
                Weight: 850g (no battery)
                with Admiral RX600 6-Channel DSMX receiver; ZTW Mantis 45A ESC; Hobby Eagle A3 PRO Gyro; (2) 9g Freewing servos; Brushless 2840-KV3200 (4S) outrunner motor; Freewing hinges, clevises, hooks.
                Material: 3/16" cardboard
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Ah's Availble View Post

I heard the comment, but it makes no sense. Why should we pay $1 per month to hear about products and see how everyone is flying and finishing their products.

Is the mission to become like the "Hobby store who's name shall not be mentioned" and not provide content, service, and support for everyone?
                  Hey man, James here. $1/month is the bare minimum YouTube lets you charge to open up fun emojis and things like that. I hope that is hardly a blip on anyone's wallet's and you can cancel it at any time and re-up at any time. We introduced that so that questions and comments would get highlighted easier in the live chat for when we got to that portion of the live show and during the big releases.

But the expectations we list for $1/month are
                  1. Loyalty Badges
                  2. Custom Emoji's
                  3. Member Shout-Outs
                  4. Priority Reply to comments
                  That's all that should be expected and I believe I delivered those and continue to do so. But I also did go beyond what was promised when I could with members' only lives and such. If we were going to offer more than that, I make a second or third-tier membership price where the expectations would be higher, but unlike some channels, I would want to be 100% certain I actually deliver on those promises. I know of RC channels with $20/month memberships that are only doing what we do for $1/month. That's crazy to me. $20/month is more than a premium streamer like Netflix and Disney and no RC channel is providing Star Wars or Marvel level content.

I would love to do more for member's but I am not sure what I can handle as being on YouTube is not my only job responsibility. I would never want to over promise and under deliver, I want to do the opposite.

But we will be back tomorrow Live and we can chat about it live. I will put this question out there.

What kind of content would you want if we introduced a $5/month membership level, $10/month? $20? What is fair?

Comment

• The old man in me says the more u giv people ,, the more they want... nothin 4 nothin.. my old man taught me that...

Comment

• I hope your monetizing to watch infomercials pays off. It won't be me. Everybody tries to reach into wallets and frankly I am tired of it. I would rather donate money to the Planes of Fame museum or some other worthy endeavor.
                      Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Thought I’d share a few photos of a project I’ve been working on for the past few months, a 3D printed 500 size SA-341 Gazelle. Vacuformed all of the canopy parts, and used a motor driven tail to replicate the look of the fenestron tail. Getting close to the maiden flight soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                          I hope your monetizing to watch infomercials pays off. It won't be me. Everybody tries to reach into wallets and frankly I am tired of it. I would rather donate money to the Planes of Fame museum or some other worthy endeavor.
                          In 2020, YouTube changed their policy where they can put ads on any channel they so choose. But watching ads costs no money out of anyone's pockets except the companies who pay to produce ads to reach potential customers. Like terrestrial radio where anyone can listen, there will be ads paid for by companies looking to promote their products. But YouTube itself has YouTube Premium which eliminates ads for a monthly fee. I personally never did that, I will just skip an ad after the 5 second option if I have no interest.

That's not the same as a membership fee on a specific channel as discussed here, where again, you can choose to pay or not based on what the YouTube channel promises you will get by paying. Like Netflix, HBO Max, Peacock or Hulu. I subscribe to some of those if they have content I want to see and believe is worth it, when I exhaust what I want to watch, I cancel them , but will come back when they provide something I feel is worth that.

But as a Professional Marketer, your job is to find the avenues that allow the most potential customers to find that your product even exists. Every human being on the planet at this point has probably bought something they didn't know existed that would benefit them in some way because of some marketing person finding them whether by TV, Internet, Billboard, Magazine, Radio, etc, etc, etc.

Comment

• James, you’re doing great! $1 is almost laughable and not really worth wasting time to discuss. Can’t wait for more live content!

Comment

• Appreciate that BigJim !

Comment

• Be sure to join us today as we are back live in less than 2 hours!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJim View Post
                                  James, you’re doing great! $1 is almost laughable and not really worth wasting time to discuss. Can’t wait for more live content!
                                  Yes a dollar is not much but when you add it up, let's say 30,000 members and now you have money rolling in every month and what do you have for it, emoji's and shout outs, quitcherbitchen does have a point. My .02.

R.
                                  AMA 424553

Comment

• Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

Yes a dollar is not much but when you add it up, let's say 30,000 members and now you have money rolling in every month and what do you have for it, emoji's and shout outs, quitcherbitchen does have a point. My .02.

R.
                                    I think you are confusing subscribers with members. It costs nothing to subscribe to a youtube channel. It costs money to become a member of a YouTube channel, which then that channel will provide an added bonus for paying for that membership. A channel membership is not a requirement in any way shape or form to enjoy a channel's content.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ah's Availble View Post
                                      I heard the comment, but it makes no sense...

Originally posted by James View Post
                                      Hey man, James here. $1/month is the bare minimum...
                                      Oh.. THAT comment! Thanks for clearing that up, James. I guess I misunderstood there.
                                      Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Yeah BluesDragon. The original comment I was replying to made it seem like in order to watch our Live Show you had to pay $1. That's never been the case. But man, if we could ever get our channel to have 30,000 members, then that would mean we probably have 50 million subscribers! That would be incredible.

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                                          Everybody tries to reach into wallets and frankly I am tired of it. I would rather donate money to the Planes of Fame museum or some other worthy endeavor.
                                          That's a great endeavour (donating to plane museums) but from the way you talk about it, it seems you take for granted the work that goes into making (+distributing) videos, even 'silly videos about RC planes' produced with some quality are going to take time, money and a lot of dedication. And pretty much everyone is doing it for free. It hurts me to read comments like yours here (even if not personally directed at me) because they just speak of a mindset that I find toxic. If you think people that put their time and effort into making YouTube videos shouldn't be trying to "reach into anyone's wallets", then I'm sorry to break it to you but you certainly lack appreciation for the effort that it takes.

If you REALLY like someone's videos and, you should try and consider making a donation or supporting them in some fashion.
                                          Even if they do it for free, you know?

It's not like anyone is FORCING you to do anything, geez. Could at least show a bit of gratefulness for people that put their work into bringing you RC videos. That some may charge unreasonable fees for it? Sure, well, don't pay for them, that's easy. No need to b*tch so much about it... more so for the case here in point where we are talking 1$ a month.

Comment

Working...
                                          X