Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share Your Pics and Videos for the Live Show

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airguardian - I hear you, man. And that's where I am totally different than a YouTuber like yourself. I am the Marketing Director of Motion RC, a salaried employee. My sole job is to make sure customers and potential customers are aware our store, brand, and products exist and how to buy them. It's my job to find the avenues that our customers and potential customers reside and YouTube is a large portion of that. Most YouTube channels from businesses whether small like Motion RC or large like Disney just use YouTube as an avenue to spread the word about the products and services the business provides.

Motion RC's YouTube channel isn't a competitor to an influencer channel like Airguardian. People like yourself are doing this in their own spare time either for fun, to make side money or both because it is your passion. So that's why I try my best to help use our platform to send people to you guys. We are not really big enough to support an affiliate program, so this is my best way to try and thank you and others for all that you do. I know your videos have inspired many to try and better their RC flying skill level. And I hope they take the 2 seconds to like, subscribe and then maybe they buy a shirt or drop a donation.

I would love to see the day an RC YouTuber could get to a level where they could make that their full-time job and business, the ultimate dream.

Comment

• I guess we are just on opposite sides of the same coin. What we find toxic are just opposite. You think my attitude is wrong and I can say that I don't agree with yours so fair to say we agree to disagree. If the money used to promote the product needs a sponsor then have Motion sponsor it. I'll pass on being the sponsor.
      Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• quitcherbitchen - Do you have any favorite/go-to RC or other YouTube channels you enjoy watching? Take company YouTube channels out of the equation like Motion RC, Horizon Hobby, HobbyKing etc. I am just talking about the influencer-type channels.

Do you find yourself buying a plane because you watched an influencer video and liked the information they provided? I think Airguardian is just saying, you wouldn't use their affiliate link? maybe buy a shirt or hat from their merchandise store? or possibly buy a channel membership from them or donate to help them continue providing the content you found useful that they are using their spare time and effort to produce? Like tipping your barber, garbage man, or waitress, these YouTubers are providing a service too that is helpful right?

Comment

• I don't want to drag this out. My point is everybody has their hands out. The ones that want to monetize I will ignore and the ones that do it for the passion I will shake. Now my opinion will cost you a dollar

Comment

• If passion and compensation didn't go hand in hand then no one would do anything in life

Comment

• That is a sad statement. Like I said" we are on opposite sides of the coin"

Comment

• quitcherbitchen You've got to be kidding me. It's $12 a year. And this somehow taints your notion of integrity? I base my willingness to pay on the value of content. If the cost went up and the value of the content did not, then I'd go elsewhere. And I don't disagree that it's up to the consumer to validate the price they are willing to pay. But honestly you are using strong language, like toxic and sad, and that may be true of a lot of things in the world right now. But we're talking about $12 bucks a year, the cost of two cups of coffee from Starbucks, that's toxic and sad. I'm just saying, I hear you but in my opinion your notions are a little misplaced.

Comment

• OH, Please stop coffee comparisons. You guys are so right. I am not trying to win your support, but I won't support what is death by a thousand pennies. Cumulatively it all adds up. That is toxic. I donate tons of my time and don't ask for anything in return. If I get a thank you then I know it was worth it. Don't count on my $12. Go ahead and do what you want, but don't judge me. Money sometimes blinds and cheapens the results. You know the phrase " if I hand a nickel for every time" well then join the Motion Membership Youtube Channel Club and lord over people like me who still think that not everything should cost a cup of coffee. Oh sorry for the coffee comparison. I just can't justify the expense. I think There are other people that think like me, but with all the hostility based on my 2 cents will be smart enough to keep their mouth shut. Opposite side of the Coin for those in love with money because that is (their) real passion. Notions are not misplaced if I mention them before it goes into effect as in discussion of what I think is a flawed idea. FYI I didn't use the term TOXIC. I said "Sad". Someone else said toxic and that was leveled at me, which makes me feel like I am getting dogpiled for what I feel was a perfectly legitimate statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                    OH, Please stop coffee comparisons. You guys are so right. I am not trying to win your support, but I won't support what is death by a thousand pennies. Cumulatively it all adds up. That is toxic. I donate tons of my time and don't ask for anything in return. If I get a thank you then I know it was worth it. Don't count on my $12. Go ahead and do what you want, but don't judge me. Money sometimes blinds and cheapens the results. You know the phrase " if I hand a nickel for every time" well then join the Motion Membership Youtube Channel Club and lord over people like me who still think that not everything should cost a cup of coffee. Oh sorry for the coffee comparison. I just can't justify the expense. I think There are other people that think like me, but with all the hostility based on my 2 cents will be smart enough to keep their mouth shut. Opposite side of the Coin for those in love with money because that is (their) real passion. Notions are not misplaced if I mention them before it goes into effect as in discussion of what I think is a flawed idea. FYI I didn't use the term TOXIC. I said "Sad". Someone else said toxic and that was leveled at me, which makes me feel like I am getting dogpiled for what I feel was a perfectly legitimate statement.
                    I am not sure how I personally was being hostile toward you (if you think I was). My last question was just asking, are there any YouTube channels that have helped you make the best decision on an aircraft purchase? And if so, did you use their affiliate link to purchase the plane (which wouldn't cost you any extra money, just the company then pays the influencer a percentage of the sale for doing a good job)

As far as the $1, it is not mandatory in any way to enjoy the content we are going to provide anyway. We haven't put any crucial content on YouTube behind a paywall and don't intend to. But if there were some kinds of extra content that people would find worthwhile to pay extra for, then I would only consider it if I could consistently deliver what was promised. For $1 my only promise that I can control is shouting out your name, and answering any real questions they have in a timely manner. It's far from mandatory.

Edit: I just took a look at FliteTest since they are the dominant YouTube RC Channel by a mile. They have 1 membership their for $4.99. That gets you the emoji's, and the badges like ours, but they also let members watch videos early and it says they give a coupon code(s) for their store. It doesn't say how much the coupon is. But to some, that's totally worth it because they love the content FliteTest provides.

Comment

• James. "For $1 my only promise that I can control is shouting out your name, and answering any real questions they have in a timely manner. It's far from mandatory." So people that don't pay don't get their questions answered in a timely manner? Just wondering? You mentioned it- not me. Are you trying to make the Motion Channel a "twitch stream".? I am definitely not your demographic. Yes, I watch youtube, but I don't feel the need to pay for any upgrades. The amount of content is too much already. I am not bad mouthing or attacking anyone. Just don't think a paid subscription channel is worth my time. I don't think I am alone either. Sounds like your whole marketing campaign is already in progress, but if this was a focus group question then I am the guy who didn't like it. No one needs to White Knight on your behalf because I didn't say anything bad about Motion. Just don't like the new idea and said I won't participate. That's it.

Comment

James. "For $1 my only promise that I can control is shouting out your name, and answering any real questions they have in a timely manner. It's far from mandatory." So people that don't pay don't get their questions answered in a timely manner? Just wondering? You mentioned it- not me. Are you trying to make the Motion Channel a "twitch stream".? I am definitely not your demographic. Yes, I watch youtube, but I don't feel the need to pay for any upgrades. The amount of content is too much already. I am not bad-mouthing or attacking anyone. Just don't think a paid subscription channel is worth my time. I don't think I am alone either. Sounds like your whole marketing campaign is already in progress, but if this was a focus group question then I am the guy who didn't like it. No one needs to White Knight on your behalf because I didn't say anything bad about Motion. Just don't like the new idea and said I won't participate. That's it.
                        When it comes to youtube questions, our channel has over 1000 videos of 1000's of products from a decade worth of content, every morning I log in and there are 100's of comments (not necessarily questions) scattered throughout all those videos. It would be impossible to reply to every comment so I first try to find the actual questions and answer the ones I can. But many questions are very hard to answer on YouTube, so most of those I direct to our CS department because that's really where people should be going if they want questions answered from Motion RC. They can call and talk with someone, live chat or email. But for $1, for the few who want it, then I will try to get to any of those questions first is all, but again, if I can answer them within a youtube comment. I certainly can't take someone through a full Gyro setup in a YouTube comment for instance.

And I said, I have 0 intention on adding a $5/$10 tier membership for our youtube channel. The $1 was just to again, be able to clearly see a person within a live chat for instance because their name has a badge next to it. If you have ever watched a live youtube show, the chat can move really fast sometimes, so questions can get lost. Then people have fun littering the chat with coffee cup emojis or whatever. But if every channel member canceled tomorrow, it wouldn't change our channel in anyway. We still have to make videos that let people know what we have available and that they work as expected.

Comment

• James don't waste your time. He's obviously not going to "QuitHisBitchen". Do what you feel is right and if the consumers like it, you'll know. I rarely am able to make the Friday Live shows and am not a $1 member, but the few times I have other members have given me a "shout out" and when I've made a comment or asked a questions, you guys have always answered it so I always feel more than welcomed (even though I'm a cheapskate). If someone doesn't watch the Friday show and/or doesn't feel the need to put up $1 a month, so be it, last I recalled it's a free country and no ones forcing them to watch/pay, just maybe mask/vac, but that's another subject.

BTW, as long as I'm in the New and Improved Bitchen Thread, you missed some of my "outstanding" in flight shots (taken by someone else obviously) of my F-4 that I posted here at the end of December and I'm sure you just forgot to include them in Friday's show. I'm just saying, we all look for just a little lovin to stroke our egos. Hopefully from this point on we can get back to actually FLYIN!!
                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I will say one more time... nothing but nothing 4 free.. iv watched james many times here.. a 2 or 3 am . And luvit... it was free, mmm. No i pay 4 u tube or internet ,, blaa blaa.... if the cost of what u whatch.... is tomuch dont watch it... but a buisiness is there 4 one reason profit,,.... it does a great job of making u happy... not cause it likes u . But if uhappy it makes money... its that simple.. get with the program.... hope tha was not to political fly fly

Comment

Go ahead and do what you want, but don't judge me.
                              You are just judging everyone else, but don't want to be judged yourself, funny eh? ;)

Now here's a new Gripen video out of which I won't make a penny (at least directly) because I used music on it (and my RC4ever channel isn't monetized to begin with), but that I still spent like an entire day working on. Food for thought.

James, I'm totally on board with everything you said.

Comment

• Another exciting MiG video :p

Comment

• About 7 years ago I bought my first foamie Mustang a 1450mm wingspan version in silver by Lanyu models.( they probably do not exist anymore) It came with fixed gear and no flaps and it has flown as a trouble free all year round flyer since.. The last couple of weeks have been cold and windy so I decided to repaint . This coming Easter we are having an Easter Fun Fly at DDMAC complete with target egg bomb drop and I have adapted the model to do same and had my first three successful bomb run flights today on a calm sunny day with a steady 3 deg C temperature. I am now putting together a crack aerobatic team, the Red Friars(photo below). The facial expressions could be because I stuck holes in them and blew out their brains with a straw. It worked however as there were no breakages as the fearless Friars hit the target field. The shells weigh around 8gms each . Of course not only do I get a crack non parachute team but I also get a cake and some scones from the donated brains

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mustang blue.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	283.8 KB
ID:	337196

Click image for larger version

Name:	Eggs one.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	337197Click image for larger version

Name:	Mustang egg drop doors 2.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	337198Click image for larger version

Name:	Mutang with egg drop doors.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	337199

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
                                    If passion and compensation didn't go hand in hand then no one would do anything in life
                                    True, especially when the compensation is the enjoyment of freely sharing the passion for building and flying with others

Comment

• Egg-throwing Mustang??
                                      SAVAGE!

Here's to keep you entertained...

Comment

• paulrkytek love the "egg drop"!! Wish I had this around when I was a kid growing up during Halloween. We were all forced to rely on our "pitching" arm to hurl eggs at neighbors houses. Kept telling the cops we were just practicing for the upcoming games and the field was too dark to practice at. At least I was able to develop a wicked curve ball to get around trees!
                                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	6EFD11B2-ACEB-4368-A176-DB72D2294814.jpeg
Views:	186
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	337472

Comment

Working...
                                          X