Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love better that 'cooler shade of red', haha

Comment

• Taking Frode's F-16 out for a few rides during my trip to Norway...

Comment

• w00t

Comment

• This one got more interesting... :p

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
            w00t

Always a huge pucker factor when you have that much money flying through the air.

We know turbines sound amazing, but how did it compare to an EDF in terms of flight performance (thrust, maneuverability, etc.)?

Comment

• More so when the plane isn't even yours!

As for maneuverability, this one was less maneuverable but that was because of CG setting and control surface throws, nothing to do with the powerplant! :)
              In fact it was lighter and more powerful, so we could say it was much more capable in general, depending on how you set it up.
              Otherwise, it felt pretty much the same in the air, only much more powerful and you don't actually feel bad with yourself when you throttle up, thinking that you are killing a battery pack.

It also had a bit of a pitch-up thrustline (which the EDF version doesn't) so while not dramatic, it allowed the plane to perform kulbits without thrust vectoring. (The EDF can't, though the right way to achieve this is to install vectored thrust, of course).

The throttle delay in response makes it a bit trickier to fly though, so it's harder to time the throttle for the maneuvers, but you get used to it eventually, I guess. ^^

Plane was overall much faster, retained energy better and could climb forever if you wished so.
              Plus, if using the throttle sparingly, you can easily get 6-8min of mixed aerobatic flight, which is totally bonkers. :D

Comment

Taking Frode's F-16 out for a few rides during my trip to Norway...

Very impressive.

Comment

• Thank you! :)

Here's the continuation to my little viking saga:

Could be alternatively titled: 'When things in the North go down South' ROFL

Comment

Thank you! :)

Here's the continuation to my little viking saga:

Could be alternatively titled: 'When things in the North go down South' ROFL
                    Was there any other place to land straight ahead,?? surprised you tried to bring it back, glad not much damage..

Comment

• Yep, not really. The fields surrounding the runway are not really smooth and you don't even have proper visibility to land on them so heading back to the runway was the right call. Though I probably should have aimed straight for the center of the runway and begin to turn sooner.

Comment

• It has been a big week here in the UK as we said goodbye to the Queen. A typical grey September day here in Yorkshire, 3mph wind, maybe not an ideal day for flying or filming a grey plane but here is my maiden flight of of my Belgian Airforce Tiger themed 70mmF16. No trimming was required, first landing a bit hot but I got it slowed down and a bit more nose up for a gentle touch down on the second( why is it that always happens when the camera is not there

Freewing F16 Fighting Falcon 70mm edf jet with FMS 3060 1900kv in-runner, 12 blade fan, Turnigy Nanotech 3300mah 35-70c 6s lipo.3mins flight 28% left.Paint...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220917_210336_991.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	357104

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post
                          It has been a big week here in the UK as we said goodbye to the Queen. A typical grey September day here in Yorkshire, 3mph wind, maybe not an ideal day for flying or filming a grey plane but here is my maiden flight of of my Belgian Airforce Tiger themed 70mmF16. No trimming was required, first landing a bit hot but I got it slowed down and a bit more nose up for a gentle touch down on the second( why is it that always happens when the camera is not there

Freewing F16 Fighting Falcon 70mm edf jet with FMS 3060 1900kv in-runner, 12 blade fan, Turnigy Nanotech 3300mah 35-70c 6s lipo.3mins flight 28% left.Paint...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220917_210336_991.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	357104
                          Great Looking F-16 and nice flight. I'm sure the Queen would have approved of your "salute" to her rein!
                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• This should provide some entertainment... lol

Comment

• After the crashes, the Gripen is back in the air and kickin' ass!

Although the repairs made her nose heavy again, duh! :'(

Comment

• Painted for visibility. "Protector of the Nile"
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Didonat View Post
                                  Painted for visibility. "Protector of the Nile"
                                  Didonat, Excellent repaint. Well done, Sir. Best, LB
                                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Comment

• Hello James and fellow pilots and Motion RC fans. it's this time of the year again when i try to enter the competition with a humble video from Switzerland. (this time not via support ticket). I hope I can encourage the discussion on the show a bit on "how did he fake it this time" :) enjoy the flight!

Comment

• Originally posted by stuwe View Post
                                        Hello James and fellow pilots and Motion RC fans. it's this time of the year again when i try to enter the competition with a humble video from Switzerland. (this time not via support ticket). I hope I can encourage the discussion on the show a bit on "how did he fake it this time" :) enjoy the flight!

Outstanding as usual. The only "somewhat odd" thing I caught was the occasional shadow of the aircraft to the right and below (which lends to the accuracy), implying that the sun is above to the left. But the shadows on the scenery are from the sun directly ahead. So I've concluded that the flight is real and not faked, although you are flying on a planet with 2 suns! Sign me up for a trip!
                                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Outstanding as usual. The only "somewhat odd" thing I caught was the occasional shadow of the aircraft to the right and below (which lends to the accuracy), implying that the sun is above to the left. But the shadows on the scenery are from the sun directly ahead. So I've concluded that the flight is real and not faked, although you are flying on a planet with 2 suns! Sign me up for a trip!
                                          Haha, good one Hugh :) thanks for the nice compliment. i twisted the camera view a bit where the shadow was close - thought it looks cool with the shadow next to the plane as you can kinda say what plane it is. glad you've liked it. keep up your gorgeous builds!

Comment

Working...
                                          X