Roban - World Class Scale Helicopters

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What models would you like to see made in the future ???

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post

Actually, I was the one that asked about the Bonanza and the Moonie.
    Sorry mate, no insult intended. Did you check out, "rccastle.com". I worked my way thru college as an aviation refuel-er. Gassed up a lot of those Bonanza's and Baron's. They were/are a top of the line private aircraft. So it's just not my preference for a new model. That's all.

Best Regards
    Woody

Comment

• Nobody has ever produced one of these, that I know of. Civil versions could sport a variety of documented airline colors and liveries.
      BTW - my Dad flew this as Air Force 2 for LBJ, usually taking him from Bergstrom to the ranch.
      I plan to do a scratch build at around 1/12th scale.

Comment

• What is that? Convair 330?

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

Sorry mate, no insult intended. Did you check out, "rccastle.com". I worked my way thru college as an aviation refuel-er. Gassed up a lot of those Bonanza's and Baron's. They were/are a top of the line private aircraft. So it's just not my preference for a new model. That's all.

Best Regards
          Woody
          Oh, no insult taken. A topic like this is all personal preferences anyway, and my thinking on both of those planes was mostly that they were different looking than the average civilian single-engine aircraft.

There are so many different airplanes out there, many of which are not currently available in the RC market, that it would be nearly impossible to achieve any kind of unanimous decision on which should be the next ones produced.

Fortunately, we can all suggest and dream.

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
            Nobody has ever produced one of these, that I know of. Civil versions could sport a variety of documented airline colors and liveries.
            BTW - my Dad flew this as Air Force 2 for LBJ, usually taking him from Bergstrom to the ranch.
            Phoenix Model came KINDA close to that one ...:P

Comment

What is that? Convair 330?

Woody
              CV-340

Comment

• Or how about a 2000mm DC4 already have 90% of the parts in production.
                Could be military or civilian

Comment

• That's what I'm talking about

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
                    Nobody has ever produced one of these, that I know of. Civil versions could sport a variety of documented airline colors and liveries.
                    Hey buddy,

A Convair would be really cool. If given the choice I would probably go for a 580. But I like the radial versions to. Easy to mod one if you have the basic air frame. I would also like a Lockheed Electra. You see mod dev's aren't even thinking this way! I fully expect to see new Corsair or P-51 offerings this year. I would much prefer one of these Convair's. All of these types of planes are completely ignored for the most part by dev's. Then when we do get an airliner of some type, it's done by someone we've never heard of, and usually leaving the fly-ability part of the equation up to us builders to sort.

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhnybgd View Post
                      That's what I'm talking about
                      Beautiful, Majestic beauty. Awesome plane.

Woody

Comment

• How about an RC EDF model of the MALD - Miniature Air Launched Decoy? :Confused:

Heck, it's almost small enough to make a practical full-sized version!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                          How about an RC EDF model of the MALD - Miniature Air Launched Decoy? :Confused:

Heck, it's almost small enough to make a practical full-sized version!
                          It better be cheap if you fly it scale! :Scared:

Comment

• Ya know it tickles me. Some dev's are finally listening. We have a, "Boeing 747 that is in production". Personally I can't wait!

Best Regards
                            Woody

Comment

• Yousaa!

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

It better be cheap if you fly it scale! :Scared:
                                I wouldn't mind having one of the jet engines that go in them.

Of course, I think it'd be cool to have one of the jet engines from a Tomahawk cruise missile. You know it's a decent engine if it can keep something that big with as stubby as the wings are, airborne for hundreds of miles.

The MALD model wouldn't be very good for our area. You'd need a nice grass field to belly it in for landing.

Comment

Ya know it tickles me. Some dev's are finally listening. We have a, "Boeing 747 that is in production". Personally I can't wait!

Best Regards
                                  Woody
                                  Who is making the 747 Woody?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhnybgd View Post

Who is making the 747 Woody?
                                    I really can't say. But if you look around you will find it. Sorry about the cloak and dagger. It was an inside tip, don't want to, "FOIL" my contact.

PS this has nothing to do what so ever with FOIL. But this plane is in fact in production, FYI.

Best Regards
                                    Woody

Comment

• Hmmm Dynam:Poo:LOL

Comment

• F22, one of theugys had this one at Nefi last year, was a cool plane. Click image for larger version

Name:	35391835286_1b0f3b4d34_k.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	136129Click image for larger version

Name:	35431407805_0858032c5e_b.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	136130
                                        Don't have any information on it but this may rattle a few brains for those who were there.

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                          F22, one of theugys had this one at Nefi last year, was a cool plane. Click image for larger version  Name:	35391835286_1b0f3b4d34_k.jpg Views:	1 Size:	36.5 KB ID:	136129Click image for larger version  Name:	35431407805_0858032c5e_b.jpg Views:	1 Size:	41.2 KB ID:	136130
                                          Don't have any information on it but this may rattle a few brains for those who were there.

Grossman56
                                          Really nice pic. Looks like a Convair 580 to me. When they put those big turbines on that plane it really turned them into a beast of a plane.

Woody

PS just for the record, as much as I like those planes, and I like them a lot. I'm not so sure about the sales ramifications of such a model. I'd purchase one for sure, but I no way think this would sell like a top quality Freewing Boeing 737, with lots of livery options. I sincerely think a 737 would be a really big hit. Not so sure about this one. I'd love to have it, just can't put my weight behind it being totally successful.

Comment

Working...
                                          X