Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before I head out for the holiday weekend I took my FlightLine 850mm Mustang out for a quick yank and bank. on an inverted pass I got a bit dumb thumb with it as it got a little close to the chain link fence and not surprisingly the chain link fence won. This is the second crash and repair. Already fixed her up and going to let the foam tac cure over the weekend. This one thinks it's a cat and has 9 lives!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ouchie.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	344.0 KB
ID:	196428
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Bummer Aros! At least you got her back together.

I put three more flights on my FMS 182 today. Beautiful flying conditions this morning.

Name:	FMS_182_01.JPG
Views:	375
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	196443

Comment

• Don't feel alone, Aros. The Sensei got sucked in by the "Mesquite Triangle" near our airfield this morning. Not sure what happened - she was flying along in a gentle bank to circle back towards the runway, and then suddenly was nose-down, heading for the mesquite. Some other club members told me that there is something about that area, as several planes have just gone down mysteriously over that area. Maybe some RF interference? Not sure, but it wasn't pretty.

Comment

• And this is how my HK 1.6m FW-190 ended the day. During the climbout, hatch came off, the battery slid back, she went into a death spiral too low to the ground for me to react quickly enough. I think she's repairable, but I'm gonna let her cool her heels for a few weeks before I decide if I want to repair her or scavenge the electronics and toss the foam.

Click image for larger version  Name:	60769940_10218864679831121_8342877486039695360_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.8 KB ID:	196471

I did get back upon the horse and had a nice flight and landing with my Freewing F-86.

Attached Files
          ---
          Warbirder

Comment

• Went out to the Teas Scale Championships today with the heli fleet and had a great time flying! Lots of great people and amazing aircraft there. Will be back tomorrow for the final round of flights and awards!

Name:	DSC_0195.JPG
Views:	538
Size:	225.1 KB
ID:	196483

Name:	DSC_0190.JPG
Views:	498
Size:	263.2 KB
ID:	196482

Name:	DSC_0198-1.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	196475Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0136.JPG
Views:	520
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	196474

Name:	DSC_0084.JPG
Views:	535
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	196478

Name:	DSC_0095-1.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	196476

Name:	DSC_0219.JPG
Views:	521
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	196480

Name:	DSC_0294.JPG
Views:	507
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	196481

Attached Files

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	90D5A806-04FD-4FDA-8DFF-231C7C89A710.jpeg Views:	20 Size:	131.7 KB ID:	196487Click image for larger version  Name:	8C4A2767-4805-41E1-95A7-F0496877B8F1.jpeg Views:	38 Size:	108.5 KB ID:	196486 She did rather well on the maiden flight despite being way too nose heavy - did a bit of off-roading before I finally yanked it into the sky. Maxed out the up elevator and viola! She flies. Nose steering is way too sensitive also, but that got addressed before the fancy graphics went on. Modified the battery install to get it farther aft and will set it on the stand to be sure. Instructions indicated CG was at 4” behind LE...
              No way on an 8.5 inch chord so I moved it forward a bit further than the 25% mark.
              The glider had a bad start - threw a propeller blade on the launch. Put a 2” gash in the wing sheeting, 2 places. Happened just as it left my hand on the throw, somehow I chopped power and gave it full up elevator and she just hit the runway flat and slow. She was headed nose first into the pavement if I had not. The real bummer was I was planning to let a potential buyer fly it after the launch.
              Is ok, she is fully repaired and ready to go again tomorrow.
              Think I will take the Ryan also.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	23A4A207-89F7-435C-9F0D-5A2D12332F86.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	163.8 KB ID:	196541 Had a nice morning, but the winds are 20-30 right now. So we are all back at the shop. The new kid did quite well but I think she might be underpowered. A different ESC and 4S battery may be the fix. It takes 3/4 throttle to keep her level and she kind of mushes through a roll and not much vertical at all.

Comment

• Flew my helis again today for the conclusion of the TX Scale Championships. Took home the first place in the heli category for my 500 size Huey Gunship!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                    Flew my helis again today for the conclusion of the TX Scale Championships. Took home the first place in the heli category for my 500 size Huey Gunship!
                    Congrats DD :Cool:I've said it before and I'll say it again, have always admired your heli talents ;)
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Thanks Charlie!

Comment

Flew my helis again today for the conclusion of the TX Scale Championships. Took home the first place in the heli category for my 500 size Huey Gunship!
                        Congrats, not an easy competition. Always nice when your work is appreciated, eh? Looks like you had fun also. Well done!

Comment

F106, Congratulations, Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Nice job F106!! :Cool:
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Thanks guys! Was a lot of fun flying!

Comment

• Very cool!!! Congrats! Love the pics..... As always, great job on the models Bro!!! Jerry :Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Got out to the field this morning, only to have the windsock standing straight out. Wound up helping one of the other guys with a bit of runway maintenance. He was dragging the runway to smooth out the idiot ruts, so I walked along and pulled the weeds sprouting up.

Hopefully, the idiots leave the runway alone for at least a little while.

The wind didn't bother these folks, though. Marana Regional Airport was turning around the skydiving planes about as fast as they could.

Comment

• Woke up to a nice cool clear morning here in Ca., didn't plan on flying but with a blue sky and those puffy white clouds, just couldn't resist;)

Got 4 flights on the A-4, 2 on the ME262, 3 on the F-104, not in the picture was the Yak 130, got 2 on it, quit after the Yak, didn't want to push my luck, greased 10 out of my 11 landings, had one tail skid scrape on the F-104 as usual.:Angry:LOL
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Nice!!! Any landing with the 104 is a good one!!! LOL Not really that hard, but she does keep you frosty!!! Blessings Bro! Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                          Nice!!! Any landing with the 104 is a good one!!! LOL Not really that hard, but she does keep you frosty!!! Blessings Bro! Jerry
                                          Yes it does, right when you think you got the landings down, SURPRISE!!! My first one was great, second one I was late on the throttle and got the tail skid, but the 3rd one was good, so I'm happy with that, two out of three is good on the F-104.:Whew:

Comment

Working...
                                          X