Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are most welcome, Teng. We hobbyists help each out whenever possible.

I snuck out to the field today. The winds were really blustery. Steady at about 8, but gusting up to 15-20. I flew my 1.6m HK FW-190A, Graupner 1.75m He-111, and GP 1.5m ElectroStik (4S power train). The ElectroStik was an easy flight... stiks usually are. The 190 and 111 made me work though, each making me abort a landing approach. Got them both down with decent landings, but certainly not pretty ones. Some days, you have to take what you can get. LOL
    ---
    Warbirder

Comment

• Still waiting to see the pictures from the last flight, but she made an appearance at the field today. She seems so slow to launch, but climb out of site before you know it. May have to try the hat cam...will make a good launch video I bet. Hmmmm.
      Winds May be unfavorable tomorrow but that will be fun. Click image for larger version

Name:	469712B7-AE76-40F9-862C-A7FA8332CFCC.jpeg
Views:	551
Size:	250.2 KB
ID:	195181Click image for larger version

Name:	F66A8591-2274-44BA-A4CF-65A927F931E5.jpeg
Views:	555
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	195182

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post

I understand that, if you take an RC model Thunderbird F-16 out to the airshow, the pilots will sign it for you.
        I brought my wings. Got all the pilots and many of the crew to sign my wings. Now, can I still fly it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190518_154610.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	195186

Name:	IMG_20190518_155159.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	195187

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

I brought my wings. Got all the pilots and many of the crew to sign my wings. Now, can I still fly it?
          I know another guy who got his Thunderbird F-16 signed by the pilots. His wife tried to tell him he couldn't fly it thereafter, because that made it a "collector's item." He flew it anyway. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

Name:	IMG_20190518_154610.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	195186

Name:	IMG_20190518_155159.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	195187
            Put some clear coat polyurethane on it to protect the signatures.

Comment

• Love the glider F22trainer...

Today I flew an E-flite UMX Radian and thanks to a sudden breeze it is now sitting on the very top of our tree out front of our house that I will never be able to reach. :Not-Talking:
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                Love the glider F22trainer...

Today I flew an E-flite UMX Radian and thanks to a sudden breeze it is now sitting on the very top of our tree out front of our house that I will never be able to reach. :Not-Talking:
                Doh!

I wonder if someone with a camera drone like the DJI Phantom, could use a loop below the drone, and lift it from the tree?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post

Doh!

I wonder if someone with a camera drone like the DJI Phantom, could use a loop below the drone, and lift it from the tree?
                  That's about all drones are good for, retrieving real planes.LOL

Comment

• It takes a pretty big drone to lift a Radian. And you need a calm day s the wind doesn't take over.

And that assumes you can get a loop over the plane and untangle the plane from the tree. Getting the loop around the plane without catching a branch will be quite the trick. Catch a branch and you had better have a quick release on the line.
                    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                      It takes a pretty big drone to lift a Radian. And you need a calm day s the wind doesn't take over.

And that assumes you can get a loop over the plane and untangle the plane from the tree. Getting the loop around the plane without catching a branch will be quite the trick. Catch a branch and you had better have a quick release on the line.
                      He did say it's a UMX Radian, though I've watched videos that show the Phantom series capable of lifting up to about 5 pounds. Yeah, it's going to shorten the flight time dramatically, but it can do it. With the camera able to be pointed down, the drone pilot should be able to see where his loop is compared to the plane.

I might have to experiment one day with the Phantom 3 Std., and see how it does lifting some of my planes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                        Love the glider F22trainer...

Thanks Aros...she is without a doubt pure fun and I am amazed how long it stays up...:Not-Talking:

sorry bout’ the Radian. Maybe a sudden breeze and a nudge from the tree Gods and you’ll find it when you you walk the dog in the morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
                          sorry bout’ the Radian. Maybe a sudden breeze and a nudge from the tree Gods and you’ll find it when you you walk the dog in the morning.
                          Stranger things have happened! :Cool:

My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Flew all these, and well the PBY went down due to a tail heavy situation on maiden:Crying:, reprint will happen. All the rest of the planes made it home in one piece with many good flights.:Cool:

Comment

• :Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Reprint is a very cool option to have!!!! ;)

Comment

• Yes indeed, its like having a favorite plane that never dies!

Comment

• Great job on all the birds Bro! :Cool:

Comment

• Flew these today .........................

Wind gusts were a bit fierce for the landing.

This one went well till the landing, when one wheel fell off. No damage and I think I've got the strut spring and screw to fix it.

I also flew the Mini-Convergence but not surprises there so I won't post the video.

Comment

• MClick image for larger version  Name:	A25358EF-25FD-4EE4-BE20-A61412AD97D1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	112.5 KB ID:	196161Click image for larger version  Name:	090A1D6A-7EEA-40C3-9478-0828C7945F9C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	108.5 KB ID:	196160 Well, if the wind Gods are in favor, another maiden flight planned for Saturday. Bought this originally marketed sport trainer in 1987 under the brand AristoCraft - she never flew. The covering tore and split from several moves across country. So here she is with fresh Hangar 9 Ultracote, balanced and ready to take the air. FMS 4250-580kv motor, 40 amp ESC and will try a 3S 2600 battery, 11x7 sport prop. Hitec micro servos and one old Tower Hobbies low profile aileron servo. Spektrum 4 channel reciever. Tried to keep it simple.

Comment

• Old school! It should fly great! Best of luck Bro! :Cool::Cool::Cool:;)

Comment

Working...
                                          X