• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed. That definitely would be worth doing to save pain

Comment

And now the fun begins!

Comment

I have a Grumman Widgeon (De plane!, de plane!) which I was thinking of using the FL P-38 power plants on. I think this would be a great choice for your wing. Doc

Comment

Heck yeah I'm waiting on the parts on

Comment

And so it begins!

Comment

I've got 3 layers glued together, that makes for a 2.25" thick wing. Im planning to start sanding either later this evening or tomorrow depending on if there's any daylight left this evening.

Comment

Looking good! What's the wingspan? Are you going to lay a spar in? Doc

Comment

6 foot and since I'm doing a complete fiberglass sheeting on it, I don't plan to use a spar inside

Comment

That'll work, for sure. Good size! Doc

Comment

Heck yeah, what do you think if I use the original 6° up thrust angle on the motor pods, would I still need to add any reflex angle to the rear of the wing? I was thinking no since the upward angle of the motors would have the same effect.

Comment

Started the sanding process. Looking pretty good sofar

Comment

Wing is ready

Comment

Nice job Rifleman.:Cool:

Comment

Just finished cutting the control surfaces out. Waiting on parts to build the cockpit area and linkages. So that's the progress on day 2. Day 3 will consist of building the motor mounts and cutting wire and cooling channels. Once I have those done I can run some glass to strengthen those. And also have a anchor point for the screw down covers for easy access to the servos and wires. I'll also have a hatch on the motor mounts to access the escs. Just some ideas I've been playing with.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Boy!...You don't waist any time, do you? Really looking good. How did you make both wings the same airfoil when sanding, templates or just eyeballing it? Doc

Comment

really sweet looking. I have glassed serveral planes with light cloth and minwax polyacrillic, takes allot of time but will come out surf board smooth. Some guys are saying Varathane makes a superior water based urethane, might be worth a shot. Good luck with him, great project.
                                  rc flyin addict

Comment

heres some of the glass work, really stoked about your project, great plane.
                                    rc flyin addict

Comment

Eyeballed it, and ran my had over the surface feeling for any deviation. And ups will be here late tonight, so that will slow down progress today. Then the last parts are the landing gear cups from the flight line p38 once those are in I'll be in good shape to push forward again. Right now I'm going to work on the motor mounts. I have alot of flight line/ freewing components in this. And I'm going to try the Istone stabilizer and see how it works

Comment

Originally posted by mr.frankenjet View Post
                                        heres some of the glass work, really stoked about your project, great plane.
                                        Heck yeah that makes me feel good about that technique

Comment

Motor pods are generally shaped I'm probably going to notch the exhaust in them haven't decided yet.

Comment

Working...
                                          X