First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Persistence always pays off, wing 2.0 will work. R.:Cool:
    AMA 424553

Comment

• Will do, the plan is to use 1/4 28 couplers and bronze bearings, and a couple wooden plates. Already got the 1/4" rod to make the Shafts and the bronze bearings. Just finishing up the order for the couplers now

Comment

• Cool, the key to minimizing weight is to put the weight you need where it needs to be to make your cg. If you look at the Zagi stuff the battery's are almost all the way forward. Keeps the weight to the minimum needed, lighter always fly's better, stoked on the shaft idea. Good luck with V2 !
        rc flyin addict

Comment

• Looking forward to V2 rifleman! Sorry to hear about the original though. On the bright side, having the motors up front means you can make the nacelles a nice scale size! Maybe with some master airscrew props to get a smaller hub as well.. Maybe even a new, vac formed lower profile cockpit, maybe something like a part of this cut out? :http://parkflyerplastics.com/cart/in...roducts_id=356 So many possibilities, and I'm sure it will fly great!

Comment

• Ooooh I forgotten about that site! Many thanks for the reminder!

Comment

• Here's the motor position for the v2 build once I cut the wood for the mount point

Comment

• I'm thinking about getting model rocket tubes for the necells.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                  Ooooh I forgotten about that site! Many thanks for the reminder!
                  No problem! Only remembered since I have made it a weekly tradition to stare at their B-58 kit before I remind myself that I already have more projects than I can handle..

Motor position is looking good! Rocket tubes is an interesting idea, should make it really easy to leave clearance for the shaft.

Comment

• Absolutely, I'm going to do 2" diameter tubes, I think that would be on point with the scale look, and some 2" spinners.

Comment

• great idea on the tubes, maybe a little fiberglass and epoxy to strengthen them up ?
                      rc flyin addict

Comment

• That's the plan!

Comment

• was thinking today what about pvc pipe, they make a thinner non pressure version that's pretty light,strong, and ez to machine and manipulate with heat if need be, just a thought
                          rc flyin addict

Comment

• I thought about that too, I'll definitely have to look at that option. And it would allow alot of leeway in construction as well as maintenance options.

Comment

• I got the tubing, I got 16" of 2" diameter pvc tubing. I'll cut it directly in half so it'll be nice, even and clean :)

Comment

• Were you able to get the thin wall, light weight PVC? I'm hoping you'll loose some of that lead from the nose with your motor shift! I still can't make up my mind of where to mount the 80mm metal 12 blade edf in my Opterra.:Confused:

Comment

• Yeah I got the light weight stuff. As for the edf, You could probably get away with it top center in a nacelle If you were running fpv could go to the rear an inch or so. Just my thoughts on top of my head.

Comment

• Semi rough layout with the main repair done. Going to add some more glass on the nose and make motor covers I also ordered a new canopy from pkflyer plastics as well :)

Comment

• She's back on her feet again

Comment

• nice, go v2 go !
                                        rc flyin addict

Comment

• Up....up......and away. Lets hope that 2s a charm this time.
                                          Dewey l

Comment

Working...
                                          X