Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case of good news bad news. First she flew and was for the most part controllable. She still still pitched up but i think I had too high throw in all honesty as when I let off it appeared to fly much more controlled. It seemed to roll right on its own. I'm feeling like I may have to check my gyro again. I thought I've had it right but as we all know sometimes we miss the smallest things. She landed flat however it took out the gear as I didn't have time to retract them. Couple of things I'm going to look at are the rudders and the the elevon gyro setting

Comment

• Woohoo! It flew! Maybe not so good but it flew!

Comment

• Absolutely! I'm stoked

Comment

• :Cool:Woohoo is right!! Hats off to you rifleman for sticking with it!!

Comment

• Excellent! :Cool: Sounds like you're headed in the right direction.

Comment

• Good going Rifleman. Cant wait to see a video of it in the air. Been long coming my friend but sounds like your in the short rows now.:).
              Dewey l

Comment

• Yeah feels good to be at this point. The light at the end of the long tunnel

Comment

• You go Rifleman, fantastic work and dedication :o) Tweet her in and enjoy !
                  rc flyin addict

Comment

• Heck yeah, I've got my eye on a p38 kit now from Royal. A buddy has it nib so I'm hoping I can pick it up for a project me and my oldest (who just sworn into the U.S. Marines) can do before he ships out next summer

Comment

• Oohrah
                      rc flyin addict

Comment

• Absolutely!

Comment

• Might have to start over again. She took off straight and pretty as an arrow. Got up about 10-15 ft into the air and as if I had tossed full down elevator it dove right into the pavement. So she exploded and she's done... Just no idea what happened or what caused it. Just straight nose down. RIP N9Mb Salute (taps)

Comment

• Well, at least you won't be bored! :Thinking:

Comment

• Indeed as is is I call it a successful venture. It flew perfectly until a servo failed and dunked the nose. And after looking at it alittle more this evening, I believe it is salvageable. Ill run without a gyro system this time

Comment

• when I wreck something I'm ready to toss it, then after looking at it for a day or 2 I think, "I can fix that" Keep going, if you get all the details worked out you can always use all the lessons learned to make #2
                                rc flyin addict

Comment

• Indeed

Comment

• Yep, if the test vehicle is repairable, continue. Use what's learned from the success and build V2!

Comment

• I'm going to revisit this. This time though I'm going to build it a bit smaller and lighter. Maybe go with a 3s setup vs the 4. Hopefully giving me the chance to mount the motors on the rear vs the shaft idea. Also going to do just the elevons vs the split rudder (at first) then activate the rudders later. Really just want to see a model of this fly. And being that the work comes from my hands will make it all that much sweeter. After I get it down on the smaller version I will rebuild the bigger one with the lessons learned. I will order retracts from the P39 to set it up

Comment

• Got the servos and motors and escs layed out this one seems like it will work alot better than the first one.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                          X