Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ye shall be named Tenacious rifleman btx! How much smaller, and are you using same P-38 power?

Comment

• This one is a 4' wingspan. So I'm looking at going with 3s power. I'm hoping with the smaller motors I can mount them in the rear and keep a respectable CG setup. So far it seems to be working.

Comment

• Getting close

Comment

• looking good, keep up the good work !
          rc flyin addict

Comment

• Now it's a waiting game for parts

Comment

• Good news! Power system is installed! Just a couple more pieces and she's ready to test also added a crow mix for the drag rudders

Comment

• Elevons and drag rudders are set up. Pics and video to come

Comment

• Comment

• Question of the day is, hand launch, or throw the gear under it :D

Comment

• Looks good. :Cool:
                      AMA 424553

Comment

• Thanks will see if it makes it to the air today. It's cg is set to what the flying wing calculator says so hopefully we see success

Comment

• Hey rifleman is she up and away. Hope your still at the field wringing it out. Got my fingers crossed for a successful report.:Cool::Cool:
                          Dewey l

Comment

• Gear ads weight and wings land well as belly landers. You could make a launch cart for it to fly off from and belly land it if you have a little pavement to roll off . If you decide to hand launch mix a a few mm's of up ele to launch as wings tend to dip before they get on step. I use the spring trainer switch so I can dump it quickly with one hand as I throw with the other.

good luck !
                            rc flyin addict

Comment

• Hand launch i can't get enough elevator to get it flying. Doesn't dive but just doesn't have the elevator in time to lift her off

Comment

• I saw a few YT videos where the guy had some kind of a rail take off platform. He built it at an angle and the wing would shoot straight up in the air.

Your project seems very good, for now its a C until you make it fly, pending a possible A, and if you land it with no scrapes is a 100% and a cookie.

Kudos my friend, I leave the building to others, I do the flying and crashing...

Comment

• Maybe with the down thrust angle it would be necessary to add additional "launch up-trim" till she gets on step. Also ck the cg is on w zagi method . Keep on keeping on, kudos for taking this on yet again. Happy landings.
                                  rc flyin addict

Comment

• Will do

Comment

• Also think my battery I'm using doesn't have the capacity to run both motors as one slows down rapidly after only a couple seconds running. So I'm gonna look at better battery size and c rate

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                        Also think my battery I'm using doesn't have the capacity to run both motors as one slows down rapidly after only a couple seconds running. So I'm gonna look at better battery size and c rate
                                        Rifleman......that statement just :Confused:me. If you are running both motors (ESC's paralleled) with one battery, how does only one motor slow down :Thinking:
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I'm not sure what it is. I've already changed out one of the escs still did the same, unless I have a motor going out

Comment

Working...
                                          X