X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
    If in fact MRC was planing an announcement at Pampa as Stuart hinted, I doubt it would be another US fighter/bomber/ interceptor. With that audience, it's more likely to be a Mig, Raffale, or something else Euro/Soviet . I love the idea of the F-111 made most famous in the the Reagan retaliation bombing of Libya ( Operation Eldorado Canyon). The swept wing Mig 23 & 27 as mentioned above would be very cool. So would a Panavia Tornado. Twin 80, swept wing, flew low, all weather ( Falklands) Just saying.
    I really do hope it's a MiG personally. The only thing that might give issues to certain models is Alpha said he was doing one that wasn't modeled before, and I am familiar with the old FMS/Starmax Rafael, Panavia tornado, etc that they produced, and it might not be a MiG-29 since LX made one. Of course, maybe it is something that FW hasn't made prior and that's what Alpha meant?

MiG-17 would be awesome though, and I'd love to buy one in a heartbeat, although I'd prefer a 80mm one over 90mm since the 80mm jets haul

Edit: just saw the MRC video with Alpha holding the model jet. Looks like a British TSR-2.

To add to the obscurity if MRC isn't releasing a TSR-2, the Americans foiled British development of the aircraft by offering the F-111 as an alternative, causing the controversial action of cancelling the TSR-2's development before it went into production. Of course it's ironic the Brtis later cancelled the F-111 order due to cost, as the F-111 promised to be cheaper

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
      Y'all are an observant bunch! There were at least two birds in the shot that are part of upcoming projects. Neither is Foil or Hoot.

..."Something for everyone"...
      I like the livery on the Lippy.
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
        I caught this in the video that Motion posted today honoring George (Tirediron) for 2 years of consecutive flying. Notice that Alpha is using a little plane to talk as if the plane were talking. That sure looks like a Dassault Mirage F1 to me. I wonder if Alpha is telling us what's coming without coming right out and saying it. He's sneaky like that!
        What I saw in the picture were the following: the Lippish in Imperial Japanese livery, an F-8/A-7 in National guard livery, two Admiral helicopters, and the little plane could be one of four planes: a Mitsubishi or Mirage F-1, a TSR2, or an A-5.

Comment

• I also see a few parts laying around. I see a nondescript white wing, what appears to be white foam cockpit interior parts as well as a painted cockpit interior, an exhaust ring, two odd dark yellow parts that appear to be the left and right of something (rocket launchers for a heli?), a white and black something at the top of the picture, and a shiny red and silver(?) something in the bottom right corner. He said there are two projects in the shot, neither one being "Foil" or "Hoot", and "something for everyone", so perhaps a helicopter and a sport plane. I kinda doubt he'd be so obvious as to show an easily recognizable miniature version of a project.
          Last edited by davecee; Jul 24, 2018, 12:34 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• It looks like the final countdown is going to initiate pretty soon.

Comment

• What I took away from Alpha's picture was, we got a bunch of RC addicted junkies looking for their next fix!!!...
              LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by davecee View Post
                I kinda doubt he be so obvious as to show an easily recognizable miniature version of a project.
                Lots of people thought that of Horizon last year when the showed a white board with planes on it during the new Vapor flight video. Several of the planes that were on the white board came to fruition, many have not yet.

I would not put it past Alpha to do just that.

Comment

• Looks like an A-7 in that pic , but looks like a 64mm size

Comment

• [QUOTE=dkalwishky: Matt Younkin performing in the Twin Beech. It doesn't get any better than that! I think we need a Beech 18 done up in his colors![/QUOTE]

dkalwishy, I agree! At 17 yrs old I worked at Rowden Field (the Beechcraft Service Center) as a flight line boy. Walter Beech's personal Model 18 was being sold. The chief pilot, an AP, and I washed it down with mineral spirits, soaped it up, polished all the natural aluminum and compounded the paint, etc in 4 days. A love/hate relationship was formed. It was a beautiful aircraft, all mahogany and wool interiors. Just amazing. Would love to have a 1:1 version, though I would settle for a 72" or close. Best, LB

Click image for larger version  Name:	Model 18.jpg Views:	1 Size:	90.9 KB ID:	143696
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

dkalwishy, I agree! At 17 yrs old I worked at Rowden Field the (Beechcraft Service Center) as a flight line boy. Walter Beech's personal Model 18 was being sold. The chief pilot, an AP, and I washed it down with mineral spirits, soaped it up, polished all the natural aluminum and compounded the paint, etc in 4 days. A love/hate relationship was formed. It was a beautiful aircraft, all mahogany and wool interiors. Just amazing. Would love to have a 1:1 version, though I would settle for a 72" or close. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	Model 18.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	143696 ​​​​​​​
                      I actually flew in one of these when I was younger! My mom did an aileron roll in in! I would love to see one of these!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grady.c View Post
                        I actually flew in one of these when I was younger! My mom did an aileron roll in it! I would love to see one of these!
                        Grady.c, I, too, got to fly in it from Rowden to ICT (across town) after we did the work. I never got over that flight. Pushed me to finish ground school. LOL. Best, LB
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Cool!!!! Very!!!! :Cool:

Comment

• Beech 18 would be cool. Along the same lines, I’d love to see a Grumman Goose. Classic airframe that’s been used for just about anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                              Beech 18 would be cool. Along the same lines, I’d love to see a Grumman Goose. Classic airframe that’s been used for just about anything.
                              F106, Acknowledged and Agreed. Best, LB
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Please a 90mm “Slick Chick” is calling my name.:Smug:

Comment

• Dart,

Never know . Project Foil could end up being the The epic Convair Delta Dart . After all, it was the F4 that beat it out as well as beating out the F8 . Your day may be arriving !
                                  Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                  Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                  I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• how about a twin 80mm Learjet or Cessna Citation?
                                    The Turbojet is a fantastic plane,would imagine a larger version would be too.

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                                      Dart,

Never know . Project Foil could end up being the The epic Convair Delta Dart . After all, it was the F4 that beat it out as well as beating out the F8 . Your day may be arriving !
                                      I hope so Hawk! Hopefully we find out soon. Foil awaits..

Name:	B56C06CC-0EEA-436B-B957-21349FD7FFE9.jpeg
Views:	354
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	143795

Comment

• I polished one of these after the DC3 was finished, just for the fun of it of course!!

Name:	image_27561.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	143772

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

dkalwishy, I agree! At 17 yrs old I worked at Rowden Field (the Beechcraft Service Center) as a flight line boy. Walter Beech's personal Model 18 was being sold. The chief pilot, an AP, and I washed it down with mineral spirits, soaped it up, polished all the natural aluminum and compounded the paint, etc in 4 days. A love/hate relationship was formed. It was a beautiful aircraft, all mahogany and wool interiors. Just amazing. Would love to have a 1:1 version, though I would settle for a 72" or close. Best, LB

Click image for larger version Name:	Model 18.jpg Views:	1 Size:	90.9 KB ID:	143696
                                          I would love to see one of these too. But it would have to be wood with mirror monokote. I just don't think foam would do it justice.

Woody

Comment

Working...
                                          X