Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What surprises me is that given the number of XK aircraft MRC sells, and it'd be a poke in the eye to the competition, that they aren't selling this:

Comment

• Agree on the P-38 as there aren't too many options besides really small to really big and expensive. I had read someplace that twins are hard to make in the park flyer size and that is why there aren't many in that size. It makes sense when looking at the offerings for any twin engine prop plane. I am trying to get most of the significant planes of WW2 and the P-38 is one I don't have. The P-40 is the other that I don't have and would like eventually. I had the FMS 800mm P-40, but sold it before I ever flew it after learning how hard it was to fly and all the modifications it needed to fly right. I was just starting out in the hobby and realized it would be a mistake to fly it just after a trainer. Another warbird I would like to see is a SMB Dauntless or TBM Avenger. Besides the Corsair, there aren't many WW2 US Navy planes on the market. I have the TH Hellcat and might add the Wildcat at some point.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2246.JPG
Views:	673
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	214071Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2248.JPG
Views:	651
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	214072Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2242.JPG
Views:	589
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	214073Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2241.JPG
Views:	605
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	214074
        Originally posted by BRGT350 View Post
        Agree on the P-38 as there aren't too many options besides really small to really big and expensive. I had read someplace that twins are hard to make in the park flyer size and that is why there aren't many in that size. It makes sense when looking at the offerings for any twin engine prop plane. I am trying to get most of the significant planes of WW2 and the P-38 is one I don't have. The P-40 is the other that I don't have and would like eventually. I had the FMS 800mm P-40, but sold it before I ever flew it after learning how hard it was to fly and all the modifications it needed to fly right. I was just starting out in the hobby and realized it would be a mistake to fly it just after a trainer. Another warbird I would like to see is a SMB Dauntless or TBM Avenger. Besides the Corsair, there aren't many WW2 US Navy planes on the market. I have the TH Hellcat and might add the Wildcat at some point.
        Agreed I had to build one. A SkyShark. Glad I got one before Mike closed the doors.

Mike
        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Ahh, the Twin-tailed Devil, slayer of Yamamoto. Actually, it's easier to fly than most other warbirds because of the tricycle gear, so It won't nose over and mess up your prop and motor. The only problem now is, from my point of view is that currently it only comes in big and exspensive, or slightly less expensive but not well made. I used to fly the Flyzone "micro" P-38, and it was marvelous. Wish they would re-issue it.
          Yeah, that big P-38 is gorgeous, and should it remain available, will very likely get added to my hangar eventually. Right now, though, between feeling the need to further polish my skills, and working on getting some other things paid off, a roughly $400 plane isn't in the cards yet.

The Avenger is another that I'd love, and I was sad to see it disappear from the available inventory before I felt ready for that kind of bird.

We're heading out to the Pima Air and Space Museum in a little bit, where I can go admire the real birds (and get some detail photos of the Fieseler).

Comment

• Originally posted by BRGT350 View Post
            Agree on the P-38 as there aren't too many options besides really small to really big and expensive. I had read someplace that twins are hard to make in the park flyer size and that is why there aren't many in that size. It makes sense when looking at the offerings for any twin engine prop plane. I am trying to get most of the significant planes of WW2 and the P-38 is one I don't have. The P-40 is the other that I don't have and would like eventually. I had the FMS 800mm P-40, but sold it before I ever flew it after learning how hard it was to fly and all the modifications it needed to fly right. I was just starting out in the hobby and realized it would be a mistake to fly it just after a trainer. Another warbird I would like to see is a SMB Dauntless or TBM Avenger. Besides the Corsair, there aren't many WW2 US Navy planes on the market. I have the TH Hellcat and might add the Wildcat at some point.
            There is a no-name parkflyer over on Bangood, but it's a little beyond my assembly skills right now:

Comment

Ahh, the Twin-tailed Devil, slayer of Yamamoto. Actually, it's easier to fly than most other warbirds because of the tricycle gear, so It won't nose over and mess up your prop and motor. The only problem now is, from my point of view is that currently it only comes in big and exspensive, or slightly less expensive but not well made. I used to fly the Flyzone "micro" P-38, and it was marvelous. Wish they would re-issue it.
              Keep your eye on Flite Test for a big surprise - there is a P-38 in the works, and it is big!

Comment

• That Avenger is gorgeous!

I am a little hesitant on a no-name plane, even though the size is perfect. I have enough trouble with Hobbyking stuff with getting spares and replacement parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

Keep your eye on Flite Test for a big surprise - there is a P-38 in the works, and it is big!
                  But that's NOT the direction I want to go in. I would like to see one in the 11-1200 mm size and using a good old 3s 2200.

Comment

But that's NOT the direction I want to go in. I would like to see one in the 11-1200 mm size and using a good old 3s 2200.
                    There’s one around 40” but it is a little intimidating to most builders. Click image for larger version

Name:	2F3A5C58-CB08-4D68-AA94-DA7BB747379B.jpeg
Views:	648
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	214197

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

There’s one around 40” but it is a little intimidating to most builders. Click image for larger version

Name:	2F3A5C58-CB08-4D68-AA94-DA7BB747379B.jpeg
Views:	648
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	214197
                      THat might be the one I mentioned in another post on this page. What stopped me from getting it was the level of construction involved, IE mounting the motors, ETC.

Comment

• I have seen a few Flight Test planes and they look like they could be fun and they are inexpensive, but the scale part of me doesn't want to go that way. A couple of guys in my club have them. I see them as a great way to build something super cheap that can be great to toss in the car to go fly with the least amount of care possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by BRGT350 View Post
                          I have seen a few Flight Test planes and they look like they could be fun and they are inexpensive, but the scale part of me doesn't want to go that way. A couple of guys in my club have them. I see them as a great way to build something super cheap that can be great to toss in the car to go fly with the least amount of care possible.
                          One of the fun things I've found with the Flite Test planes is just the idea of building a nice flying plane out of something so mundane. Their Simple Scout is modeled after a WWI German monoplane. It's not going to win any scale fidelity awards, but it's rapidly becoming one of my favorite planes at the field. It's a sweet-flying plane, which is all the more incredible that it's just foam board held together with hot glue. It's rather nice, too, that their plans are online for free. If I need to replace a part on the Scout, I can run to Dollar Tree, buy a sheet or two of foam board for a buck each, and make the replacement parts at home. I don't have to ever worry that spare parts will become difficult to get because the manufacturer discontinued the model.

Obviously, to each their own, of course. That's one of the great things about this hobby.

Comment

• There are some distinct advantages to the Flite Test planes, and from the ones I have seen, they fly pretty well. After dealing with spare parts issues on my HK planes, a plane made out of Dollar Tree foam and off the shelf parts does sound appealing.

Comment

• Has anyone seen the HSD 105mm 12S EDF foam jets? The F-16 they make is 7 channels, complete with locking main gear, LED lighting, LED afterburner and wheel brakes. It comes with the JP Hobby 12 blade 4250-875kV 12-S 44.4 volt EDF and a 150 amp ESC. The cost is well over $1,000 without a receiver, but man, I hope Motion and Freewing NEVER make anything like this cause I'm sure I'd be the first to buy it and lord knows I definitely can't afford it and probably can't fit it in my truck. So please, stay away from coming out with anything this big and expensive!
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                                Has anyone seen the HSD 105mm 12S EDF foam jets? The F-16 they make is 7 channels, complete with locking main gear, LED lighting, LED afterburner and wheel brakes. It comes with the JP Hobby 12 blade 4250-875kV 12-S 44.4 volt EDF and a 150 amp ESC. The cost is well over $1,000 without a receiver, but man, I hope Motion and Freewing NEVER make anything like this cause I'm sure I'd be the first to buy it and lord knows I definitely can't afford it and probably can't fit it in my truck. So please, stay away from coming out with anything this big and expensive!
                                I keep thinking about getting one of their 105mm 12s Vipers.

Comment

• I almost, (very. very close) pulled the trigger on one of those Vipers too. But I ended up with a Predator jet instead. Now I'm saving my Penney's for a turbine to put in it. LOL. In retrospect I could have had 4 or 5 of those for the same cost. Oh well, those Vipers are so pretty I did the Silver 75mm, and the Ferrari 90mm. The planes, "to me" are truly exceptional. Main complaint is if you decide to order and install the landing gear up grade on the 75mm. It will take an act of god to change the nose gear. So it's better to order it with the fancy landing gear if you're going to get the fancy landing gear. FYI

Woody

PS, I have an Avanti too, still in the box. I've been having so much fun with the Vipers, just haven't felt the need to unbox it yet.

Comment

• James mentioned in the "
                                    Motion RC heads to Nall in the Fall 2019!" that there may be some surprise announcements at the event if things come together!

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty500 View Post
                                      James mentioned in the "
                                      Motion RC heads to Nall in the Fall 2019!" that there may be some surprise announcements at the event if things come together!

Which means two models with upgraded EDFs and one with a new paint job.

Comment

Which means two models with upgraded EDFs and one with a new paint job.
                                        I'm good with it! I love seeing them make good planes even better!

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

I'm good with it! I love seeing them make good planes even better!
                                          But which would you prefer? An 80 mm F-5 and A-6 with upgraded EDFs and an A-4 in Blue Angels livery, or a 70 mm Hawker Hunter, F-100, and P-80/T-33?

Comment

Working...
                                          X