• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty cool watercraft line-up!

Comment

• 1600 mm zero will have wait......

Comment

• I figured after announcing 16 tanks last December between the AL37 and the T33, it would be clear that we're not just making airplanes anymore. Sea, Air, and Land. SEAL. That's been our plan since the beginning, and it's been on the Hobby Squawk logo for months.

But not to worry, Pilots, we've got jets and props on the way, at the same high pace that we've set year over year for years.

And a 2.2m Zero in balsa in stock, too.

As I've always said:

"Something for Everyone"

#RCEverything

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• LOL if they would supply the water to go along with it I might consider it.

Mike
          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• I used to have a Graupner rc collie sailboat , so I kinda did like the two sail boats 👍😉

but iam quite new to rc aircraft and I’ve always wanted to get into planes, but my favourite are warbirds👍👍

and have a few 800mm size planes.

loving my my new fw-190 Dora 850mm , it’s stunning and fantastic build quality/ finish. Happy days.

Thank you motionrc

Comment

• Marky If I have not yet said hello...then Hello and Welcome to Hobby Squawk, Sir,, Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Elbee thank you very much 👍😃 hello to you . Best wishes Marky

Comment

• Nice job Alpha and the team! The watercraft sure look cool.

Personally, even though I’m more of an aircraft guy these days I think think that the diversification is fantastic and helps keep/draw more people into the hobby. keep it up! Would love to see some big rigs to rival Tamiyas lineup at some point in the future particularly some American rigs. I guess anything is possible :)

In the meantime, I will wait in eager anticipation of the next 1600mm warbird :).......happy and safe weekend all.

BMK

Comment

• Hi Alpha, glad to hear you are keeping safe! Stay that way! We all need you. This latest teaser you put out, could it be a B-29? Specifically "Perpetual Motion"? Just wondering.
                    Take care Alpha, back to pushin' mud around.
                    Dutchman

Comment

• I’m intrigued by the Mighty Mo and Yamato. They are beautiful ships. And they do have more than one engine... :-)
                      ---
                      Warbirder

Comment

• Well, though I was not expecting a new line of boats, I'm quite happy to see a pair of sailboats and the Bismark to be released as part of the lineup. Used to do RC sailboats all of the time, but with FL summers getting wetter and windier I think it's time to get back into them with the quickfire.

Of course, if the Bismark promo isn't set up like this, I might see it as a missed marketing opportunity... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVWEb-At8yc

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                          That made me spill my cereal, thanks for the good laugh and the trip down memory lane!
                          But was the real reason for your spill nostalgia, or I made my guess and this was part of the "reveal":

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...battleship-rtr

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	image_53096.jpg Views:	6 Size:	136.6 KB ID:	243740 Click image for larger version  Name:	20200322_001526_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.2 KB ID:	243742Click image for larger version  Name:	20200322_001515_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.6 KB ID:	243741
                            The 1st RC thing I built was a scratch built dummas 45 nitro sorcerer after seeing my buddy crash his plane soon after take off (I figured a boat would be more durable). The hull took a year and the project was lengthy, nitro, tune pipe setup , fuel mixture, strut depth, prop size and balance -. Lots to tune to go fast, and in the end she was a bullet (the tuned pipe acts as a supercharger and makes for an unreal power band when all is set up right). I found however that just seeing how fast you can go gets a little old and there was allot of support equipment and set up, cleaning and post run work. Now shes a hangar queen and a reminder of where it all started,(89- the year I put her in the water). I much later added an electric superv27 but she does not get much runtime, I don't regret it but it is no contest when it comes to if it's air or sea RC I prefer. That being said these scale kits look really sweet, it's a different kind of boating. I'm sure allot of folks will get into it, would be sweet if you lived on the H20. I envision a good Sr. project to be a sailboat
                            rc flyin addict

Comment

• OK, since we're now talking watercraft, scratch built boats bring back nostalgia for me. My first RC project was in the mid 70's, a scratch built 50" Octura White Heat 4-60 four point hydroplane. I wanted an airplane desperately, but my parents said no, costs too much and you'll crash it anyway (at they still right today). Lived outside of Chicago, where Octura was headquartered and we bought the kit for $30 (after mowing every lawn in a 5 mile radius). Took me and some friends 6 months to build it cause it was thousands of wooden sticks and strips of marine plywood. We had a blast with it and about 15 years later I put a Rossi 60 in it, at the time, the Ferrari of speed. Turned over 22,000 rpm with a tuned pipe and 40% nitro. The last time I ran about 7 years ago, it hit 70mph just as it hit the smallest of ripples and took off 10 feet in the air-but was fixable. After that, I decided that if these things are going to try and get airborne, I need something with wings on it, and thus I got into RC flying (and my parents original warnings came to fruition). The paint scheme even inspired the repaint of my Stinger 90.

Additionally, about 10 years ago, I bought a couple of the Traxxas 40" Spartans for the kids to run (at least I told them the boats were for them). These are kind of cool with 2 Lipos, a telemetry dashboard that shows on your phone the RPM, Temp, Battery Voltage and speed. These regularly hit speeds of over 50+mph.

Although these are a "fun", it's nothing like the exhilaration I get from flying. My soul is definitely "in the air".

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200322_031136.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	243771

Name:	20200322_030917.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	243772Click image for larger version

Name:	20200322_030735.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	243773Click image for larger version

Name:	20200322_031814.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	238.6 KB
ID:	243774

Name:	20200322_032043.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	252.8 KB
ID:	243775
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hugh Wiedman What a small world, I would never have guessed that your Freewing Stinger 90 custom scheme I like so much was inspired by one of your raceboats --a stick built Octura running a Rossi! Vintage cool points, all around.

We've got some 50mph boats in the pipeline; I agree, they're fun, although when they depart the water too high and too steeply, they don't make very good wannabe airplanes for too long before *splat*. Who says boating doesn't have its crash dangers?

Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

But was the real reason for your spill nostalgia, or I made my guess and this was part of the "reveal":

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...battleship-rtr

It was both, ha! I had forgotten about the mashup monstrosity that is Space Battleship Yamato. Watched the series many, many moons ago. I'm sure someone could make one fly in foamie form filled with helium, but definitely not our Bancroft beasts. Although I'd sit back and enjoy watching anyone try!

Originally posted by Beetlemankurt View Post
                                Nice job Alpha and the team! The watercraft sure look cool.

Personally, even though I’m more of an aircraft guy these days I think think that the diversification is fantastic and helps keep/draw more people into the hobby. keep it up! Would love to see some big rigs to rival Tamiyas lineup at some point in the future particularly some American rigs. I guess anything is possible :)

In the meantime, I will wait in eager anticipation of the next 1600mm warbird :).......happy and safe weekend all.

BMK
                                1) Thanks
                                2) You are right
                                3) You won't wait long

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• A good friend of mine built this water racer. The best part starts at about 1:20

---
                                  Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

Yes! This one:

Name:	yamato-2199.png
Views:	729
Size:	811.5 KB
ID:	243222
                                    Oxotnik, did not expect that F-1 Hydro to climb off the water so well, very cool. Now if Bancroft can get the Bismark or the USS Missouri to get airborne like that, I'm in. Hey Alpha, does either battleship come with an inrunner by any chance?
                                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• sweet,
                                      Love the nitro nostalgia, the hydro looks sick for sure. You had to build them like tanks and fuel proof everything, 20k rpm makes for a sweet whine and 50' rooster tail. Lots of parts with Octura on them, great memories
                                      Nice Spartans as well, looked like a great design , had the finger on the button a few times but never pulled the trigger.
                                      Great flying boat, best of both worlds, flys and drives really well. I think a few kits where produced with a similar design.
                                      Here is my electric, 2- 2 cell 5000, and yes she fly's (not always when you want) have to be judicious with the throttle use, all about keeping the shiny side up and keeping the temps down. Great fun, working on 4 planes though Click image for larger version  Name:	20200322_124126_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	223.2 KB ID:	243843Click image for larger version  Name:	20200322_124141_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	152.4 KB ID:	243844
                                      rc flyin addict

Comment

• Chuck,
                                        Wow did that catch me of guard.
                                        When the vid first started I was thinking that was an unusual place to have the motor on the bow for a tunnel hulled boat.
                                        Then it launched in the air and I thought o-boy gonna be fetching a waterlogged model here. (memories from my Dumas Big Swamp Buggy with a Weber 61)
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• So with all the boats announced, how about something that’s both a boat, plane, and an EDF? The Martin P6M Seamaster would be an awesome plane to see Freewing take on! It would also fill the niche of being able to fly off of snow for those who want a winter edf or wet grass in the summer.

Comment

Working...
                                          X