X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pete Lane View Post
    Knowing that transporting can cause issues on larger aircraft, perhaps the center section could remain intact on the fuse. Then plug in outer wings could be used in it's design .
    And as you show with the LX P-40 to make your case ( I have one of those too ) I absolutely concur and have been promoting that idea for a long time of removable outboard wing panels whereas the airframe can remain on its gear for any 55 inch (1400mm) and larger wingspans.
    The only other warbirds in a foam composition that got that outer wing panel treatment that I'm aware of is the E-flite 1500 P-51D and the Flight Line OV-10 Bronco and with the FL OV that is mostly because of my strong urgings with Alpha during the development stage of it to do it.
    These airframe designers can absolutely do this with minimal costs as proven by the above mentioned examples and it really should become the standard for all new product
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

And as you show with the LX P-40 to make your case ( I have one of those too ) I absolute concur and have been promoting that idea for a long time of removable outboard wing panels whereas the airframe can remain on its gear for any 55 inch (1400mm) and larger wingspans.
      The only other warbirds in a foam composition that got that outer wing panel treatment that I'm aware of is the E-flite 1500 P-51D and the Flight Line OV-10 Bronco and with the FL OV that is mostly because of my strong urgings with Alpha during the development stage of it to do it.
      These airframe designers can absolutely do this with minimal costs as proven by the above mentioned examples and it really should become the standard for all new product
      Agree 100%. The Eflite FW190 is one of the easiest to transport planes in my Subaru. I wish the Tigercat was the same.

Comment

• I went back and watched Ryan's assembly video of the Mustang and wow, I have to agree with you all on this, all the connections are hard points and if my calculations are correct, the center section would be what about 22 inches wide? This would be one of the easiest airplanes to transport and assemble.
        A V2 of the Tigercat (which we will never see because of expense) should incorporate this. Now, to give credit where credit it due, the OV-10 has this feature, right? So Alpha is going in the right direction.
        Also, the plastic hatch lining on the FW 190 is a major plus to me, saves a lot of foam damage. There may come a day (hope so) where these will be standard on all foamies.

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• I went on YouTube to see when the last two Freewing aircraft were announced and both (MiG-29 first and Gripen second) were in August 2020. Since it’s August 2021 next month, let’s have another new Freewing announcement . Alternatively, one or more of the next 3 weeks works as well. Ha-ha! Can you tell I love jets?

For the people who want a new prop. aircraft, maybe Flightline will cook up a new one soon too. It’s been since April 2020 (the OV-10) since the last Flightline announcement, so you deserve it before another Freewing release.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
            I went back and watched Ryan's assembly video of the Mustang and wow, I have to agree with you all on this, all the connections are hard points and if my calculations are correct, the center section would be what about 22 inches wide? This would be one of the easiest airplanes to transport and assemble.
            A V2 of the Tigercat (which we will never see because of expense) should incorporate this. Now, to give credit where credit it due, the OV-10 has this feature, right? So Alpha is going in the right direction.
            Also, the plastic hatch lining on the FW 190 is a major plus to me, saves a lot of foam damage. There may come a day (hope so) where these will be standard on all foamies.

Grossman56
            Eflite is really stepping up it's game. Even the new F16 has hard point connection for vertical stab and canopy.

I very much want to see these and the other features become standard on Flightline and freewing planes too

Comment

• Agreed...I have literally a hangar full of Flightline and Freewing aircraft. Motion R/C can confirm my account status ...lol. I just put down a deposit for the new Eflight Viper 90 because Motion had nothing new to offer in their aircraft line. While still a loyal customer I am slowly being seduced to the dark side......

dw

Comment

• Sorry to admit, I'm already on the dark side. But, will quickly jump back to the LIGHT with a BIG FlightLine P-47(Razorback). LOL.

Comment

• Great discussion 😊

Comment

• I just spent my plane money on a new A/C

I may have to return it for an even cooler airplane.

Comment

• This is good, healthy discourse. I welcome it. Here are my two cents.

Throughout the past 18 months –arguably the most challenging period for a hobby business in the past 100 years —Motion RC has added ~2,000 more products to its shelves in the US and in Europe. Yes, we have not added a big new foam jet in a year, but I do not think that’s a comprehensive metric of our health. In fact, over the past 18 months we have been busier than ever, navigating through a global pandemic, worldwide shipping delays, multi-industry supply chain interruptions, component shortages and raw material price surges, to add to our websites for Motion RC customers all the following goodies:

New EDFs from Freewing
                      New foam airplane brands like ZOHD (wings, FPV, and accessories from ~$95-$240)
                      New RC Surface category including Kyosho, Tamiya, Corally, and XK (cars, buggies, trucks, etc from ~$100-$650)
                      New RC Construction category including XK and Huina (from ~$80-$500)
                      New RC Tank category including Tamiya, Heng Long, and Torro from ~$100-$1,300)
                      New RC Maritime category with Bancroft (warships, speedboats, sailboats, from $100-$1,300)
                      New balsa planes from Black Horse and a dozen more Nexa planes
                      New helicopter models from Roban
                      New Admiral gas engine lineup and more Admiral electric motors and accessories
                      New Skynetic planes in many categories (wings and trainers to FPV platforms and the big Bison XT STOL)
                      Increased restock volume for Skynetic Havok racer, Shrike glider and most other products in general
                      Spare parts to support all of the above
                      New Admiral electronics including more batteries/chemistries, new chargers, new FPV equipment
                      New Benchcraft accessories, tools, hardware, fasteners, and hobby supplies
                      Continued development on many new products in all categories (SEAL - Sea, Air and Land)
                      And a couple dozen other business-critical actions behind the scenes to keep Motion RC healthy and growing to support an ever expanding customer base

...that's a lot of new stuff in 18 months...
                      So, don’t worry, your stealth jet or other unicorn EDF or foam warbird is coming. We're working on it, alongside much else.

Taking a step back, I always appreciate the feedback and the positive concern it shows people feel for Motion RC. In my mind, it boils down to the fundamental matter of “How to Hobby”? If the question is “How can I support Motion RC, if/when/while we don’t have the specific product I want?”, my answer would be: “Perhaps consider spreading the word to other hobbyists that we still have 12,000 other products in stock that they might want.”

In the meantime, if someone else has now what you want now, then by all means, buy it now. We have never presumed to bully people for supporting other RC companies. There is no "Dark Side" of RC. All RC is "Light Side". We'll have something you want at some point, I guarantee it. Until then, stay safe and healthy and consider that Life is short. This industry is small. We’re all in this together, and we’ll all get through it together with the help of you, the global RC Customer.

My sincere thanks
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• When Hollywood needs a “super bomber” to make a cameo and fight off a giant monster or an alien invasion, the red carpet is rolled out for the B-2. With an unmistakable silhouette and flying wing design, it’s easily one of the most recognized aircraft in the world. It has appeared in movies including “Independence Day,” “Armageddon,” “Iron Man 2,” “Cloverfield,” “Airplanes,” “Rampage” and, most recently, “Captain Marvel.”

😜
                        Attached Files

Comment

• There are still plenty of "old" freewing and flightline planes that I want!

Comment

• So Alpha is working on something like this. Cool!
                            Attached Files

Comment

• There's still way too many for me to choose from. I'd settle for some updates to the existing models.

Comment

• Well said Alpha, I have about six free wing models in my fleet and look to add more. I have also gotten airbrushes, compressor and various other tools from Motion. Right now Motion is my main supplier for my modeling needs. I appreciate how Motion is trying to appeal to the different types of hobbyists with a wide array of products.
                                Right now I am holding back to see what new models will be coming out in the near future. Being an old balsa builder I will also e building a DR1 as my long range build from Balsa USA. I would sure like to see an ME 109 in the future. Keep up the good work

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJim View Post
                                  So Alpha is working on something like this. Cool!
                                  Twin 80mm edf with full flying tail and a pitot tube in the horn.

SIGN ME UP!

I'm going to mod mine with a smoke system coming out the backside.

Comment

• Okay….okay….I’ll settle for some more foam Freewing EDF jets, composite kits, possibly composite fuselage kits with wood wings/horizontal stabs., turbine ready jets, and a unicorn. Hold on, throw in some packages of gummy bears with each order too.

Comment

• Alpha I do believe you've hit the nail on the head. I for one am not upset that there has been nothing new from MRC in a while, my bank account needs to cool down a bit! And one thing I really appreciate in your offerings are the base grey versions as it allows my imagination to run wild. With virtually every "F jet series" available from MRC, there are hundreds of different liveries to choose from or make your own, so why stop at 1 F-4, F-14, F-15, F-16, F-18, etc., make several! I started out as a main HH guy, but not so much anymore, only because of the quality and consistency of FW/FL/Black Horse/Nexa products, the wide selection you have and keeping them/parts available for longer times. Even today, after HH came out with some new birds, what do they have really, I can almost count them on one hand the ones I'm interested in, but really none of them. Their P-51's nice, but look at MRC's Corsair, Spitfire and B-24's. Their SU-30 (a dog and a half unless you put the FMS fans in) and the Mig-29, no comparison. The 2000mm A-10, untouched by anyone! So they have an 80mm F-16, it's nice, but MRC's 90mm F-16, even being an older model, competes very well. The F-18's, MRC has the edge. The F-22, F-14, none from HH. They now have a 90mm Viper, so what, no better than my Avanti or Stinger 90 (and what happened to their Havok, or did it get canceled like so many of their past entries). The way overpriced and under "fun" Draco, excellent quality, but how much is anyone using it. And then you have the MRC AL37, Gripen, F-14 & F-15, 2 SU-35's with TV, the F-86, T-33, T-45,....etc. and that's just a few of them, without even getting into the prop warbirds, that HH has nothing like. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate HH and use their RX and TX exclusively, but what I really appreciate from MRC is that every single aircraft I've ever purchased from them is still available with spare parts, and boy do I need 'em to keep flying. From HH aircraft I have, only the SU-30 is still available and bet that won't last long. I don't expect MRC to keep every aircraft available forever, but keeping it alive for more than a couple years is good for me!

So take your time with the next developments, and please, do not make an F-18 Tiger Meet! I didn't spend 1 1/2 months on mine just to find out everyone and their brother can simply buy one from MRC without having to lose their mind!
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                        This is good, healthy discourse. I welcome it. Here are my two cents.

Throughout the past 18 months –arguably the most challenging period for a hobby business in the past 100 years —Motion RC has added ~2,000 more products to its shelves in the US and in Europe. Yes, we have not added a big new foam jet in a year, but I do not think that’s a comprehensive metric of our health. In fact, over the past 18 months we have been busier than ever, navigating through a global pandemic, worldwide shipping delays, multi-industry supply chain interruptions, component shortages and raw material price surges, to add to our websites for Motion RC customers all the following goodies:

New EDFs from Freewing
                                        New foam airplane brands like ZOHD (wings, FPV, and accessories from ~$95-$240)
                                        New RC Surface category including Kyosho, Tamiya, Corally, and XK (cars, buggies, trucks, etc from ~$100-$650)
                                        New RC Construction category including XK and Huina (from ~$80-$500)
                                        New RC Tank category including Tamiya, Heng Long, and Torro from ~$100-$1,300)
                                        New RC Maritime category with Bancroft (warships, speedboats, sailboats, from $100-$1,300)
                                        New balsa planes from Black Horse and a dozen more Nexa planes
                                        New helicopter models from Roban
                                        New Admiral gas engine lineup and more Admiral electric motors and accessories
                                        New Skynetic planes in many categories (wings and trainers to FPV platforms and the big Bison XT STOL)
                                        Increased restock volume for Skynetic Havok racer, Shrike glider and most other products in general
                                        Spare parts to support all of the above
                                        New Admiral electronics including more batteries/chemistries, new chargers, new FPV equipment
                                        New Benchcraft accessories, tools, hardware, fasteners, and hobby supplies
                                        Continued development on many new products in all categories (SEAL - Sea, Air and Land)
                                        And a couple dozen other business-critical actions behind the scenes to keep Motion RC healthy and growing to support an ever expanding customer base

...that's a lot of new stuff in 18 months...
                                        So, don’t worry, your stealth jet or other unicorn EDF or foam warbird is coming. We're working on it, alongside much else.

Taking a step back, I always appreciate the feedback and the positive concern it shows people feel for Motion RC. In my mind, it boils down to the fundamental matter of “How to Hobby”? If the question is “How can I support Motion RC, if/when/while we don’t have the specific product I want?”, my answer would be: “Perhaps consider spreading the word to other hobbyists that we still have 12,000 other products in stock that they might want.”

In the meantime, if someone else has now what you want now, then by all means, buy it now. We have never presumed to bully people for supporting other RC companies. There is no "Dark Side" of RC. All RC is "Light Side". We'll have something you want at some point, I guarantee it. Until then, stay safe and healthy and consider that Life is short. This industry is small. We’re all in this together, and we’ll all get through it together with the help of you, the global RC Customer.

My sincere thanks

Alpha, thanks for addressing things. I appreciate the insight. Also, I have to say, thanks for keeping Motion going the way it has. I fly hang gliders, and without interesting aircraft like the (badass) F-4, or some of the other Freewing jets, I may have drifted from the R/C sport. One can’t walk away when there’s an airplane you just have to buy or fly. Thanks Alpha. I’ve been on Motions Facebook page daily and catching the Friday YouTube live videos when work allows, waiting for a new plane announcement. I can easily relax and be patient, and maybe order the 90mm F-16 in the meantime.

-Will Dickey

Comment

• looking around at the fleet, I have one bird (the RV-8) that I didn't buy through Motion RC in my, what 8+ years of being a customer? I have three radios, all from MRC, every battery is an Admiral from Motion RC, hell I love MRC, and do a lot of advertising for them. My fifty mission hat is I think, my third MRC hat. The problem, if you can call it that, is that now I have to deal with HH to get my spare parts for my FMS birds. Want to see a difference in customer service, try doing that!
                                          In case my past comment was misconstrued, the addition of plastic in certain critical points was an effort to see new planes that continue to knock the competition out of the ball park. Ever wonder why HH decided to come out with these innovative designs? Because MRC is kicking them in the behind!

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X