Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am very excited to get my F-105 too! I haven't received a shipping acknowledgement yet, but I hope to receive one soon.

GB

Comment

• She arrived today. So glad she has the bottom skid on her. I'll be modding her to use a small hand held bungee launch as my 56 year old arm / rotator cuff just isn't what it used to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by WildBillG View Post
        She arrived today. So glad she has the bottom skid on her. I'll be modding her to use a small hand held bungee launch as my 56 year old arm / rotator cuff just isn't what it used to be.
        I'm in the same boat, shoulder is gone but this thing is like throwing a dart...I've got around 15 flights on it and every launch has been uneventful...I love this little jet!
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I'm in the same boat, shoulder is gone but this thing is like throwing a dart...I've got around 15 flights on it and every launch has been uneventful...I love this little jet!
          Thanks for letting me know. Did you leave the setup as is or did you mod it to add a separate servo for the elevator like you did on the F-8?

Comment

• Originally posted by WildBillG View Post

Thanks for letting me know. Did you leave the setup as is or did you mod it to add a separate servo for the elevator like you did on the F-8?
            No mods at all on this one, set it up by the book but tamed the ailerons down a little more.
            TiredIron Aviation
            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I will get the landing gear for this one and the F-8 when I am ready to order it.
              Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• Hi Alpha!

Any updates for those of us that pre-ordered and haven't had theirs ship yet?

Thanks,
                GB

Comment

• I had the UPS guy deliver my F-105D today. I have not had a chance to open the box yet. I will be watching the build and flying videos this weekend.

Tony

Comment

• It's cold out there but I'm going to try to maiden my 4S 650 watt 12 blade version tomorrow. Hopefully not one and done ! LOL
                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Arrived yesterday, built today, flies tomorrow. This thing is clean:Cool:

Comment

• Hey there Augermeister, do you know, is this 64mm 5 blade a different unit than what FreeWing uses in their other 3s jets? I have the Freewing 64mm 12-Blade EDF 4S Power System w/ 2836-3500kv Motor on hand, however, my skill level tells me to leave mine stock! :Silly:I am waiting patiently on your flight report!:Cool:

Comment

• If I had to do over again, I would have left it stock. The stock edf has a short body. To install a 4S, 12 like I have in the F/A-18 is a real PITA. Need to carve out some foam.

Flight report ? Not good. Went out yesterday . Hands were freezing and that caused a lousy hand launch. Dirt napped. Lol. Not much damage though. Nose cone came off which was a good thing. Broke the v-stab which I already repaired. Will try again soon.

Have her balanced but I wonder if the auw is too heavy in general. Yes, a lot more power than stock but with the bigger edf, esc and a 4s 2600 80C. RT she needs that much power ( 600W) to get airborne. I suspect I have her 2X heavier than stock. Not sure I accomplished anything by upping the power.

My rec is to fly her stock first.

Cheers,

Hawk
                          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• 4 stock flights today, four clean landings with the stock skid plate.:Cool: Whittled the rates down to 60% after the first flight. CG seemed perfect with an 1800 dead-centered. Another classic edf park jet winner. I'm digging down sizing:Don't-tell-Anyone:. Is it too soon to ask DD, but it seems 106 comes after 105 :Ligthbulb:, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by Westsider View Post
                              4 stock flights today, four clean landings with the stock skid plate.:Cool: Whittled the rates down to 60% after the first flight. CG seemed perfect with an 1800 dead-centered. Another classic edf park jet winner. I'm digging down sizing:Don't-tell-Anyone:. Is it too soon to ask DD, but it seems 106 comes after 105 :Ligthbulb:, no?
                              On the podcast Alpha says the next park-jet will not be a US jet. Can’t wait to see what it will be! My guess is the English Electric Lightning, which would be perfect!

Comment

• VULCAN!!!!!
                                Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

• Would not mind seeing a Avro Canada CF-105 Arrow.

Comment

• If you keep in mind you hand launch the park-jets, it should have a high or mid mounted wing. A Draken would be cool!

Comment

• Back to 75% on the rates today; 60% was a little too docile. Fun flyer!

Comment

• +1 on the Vulcan then. Soon DD...

Comment

• I started putting together my Thunderchief and I had to open up the access port for ESC since the red wire was disconnected. Pretty easy to fix but then when I bound my receiver only ailerons and elevators worked and the ESC would not power the EDF. I had a spare ESC so I connected that up and it worked. I would use my spare ESC but the battery connector is way too short since was meant for a propeller plane. I opened a support ticket for the issue.

Update on 01/02/2018:

I posted my issue on RCGroups.com and person replied that I need to trim the throttle. So I trimmed the throttle all the way down and it now the ESC successfully arms since I hear 4 beeps now. Never had an issue with my EDF before and i have Freewing F86 park flier and an HK Vampire that I just left the trim in the middle. I do have a switch set to cut the throttle if needed and I flip the switch before I push the throttle stick up for taxiing and takeoff rolls.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                                          X