X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baldeagle View Post
    grew up on Long Island in the 50's a few miles from Republic Aviation - we had "Thuds" flying over our house almost every day - made we want to join the AF and fly fighters - never flew the 105 but flew F-4 and 16s.
    I visited the Republic Farmingdale Airport back in 2002. Mike Machat and I took off in a Piper Cherokee 140 from that historic runway....it was incredible! We even found blue glass on the hollowed ground where the Republic aircraft manufacturing plant once stood. A very special place!

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
      I noticed that the F-105 is $98 which means is does not qualify for free shipping, I see that the F-8 is also $98 but I could have sworn is was $99 when it first released. Not a big deal; just an observation.
      Everyone can use a servo extension or two!! LOL

Comment

Ok Motion....I really appreciate you coming out with some new planes, but 64mm? Really? I can't tell you how bummed I was to see the F-8 and The F-105 in 64mm. I would have bought both right away in 80mm or bigger....maybe even 70mm. but 64 with no gear and a hand launcher? Yeesh!

Comment

Originally posted by AZFlyer View Post
          Ok Motion....I really appreciate you coming out with some new planes, but 64mm? Really? I can't tell you how bummed I was to see the F-8 and The F-105 in 64mm. I would have bought both right away in 80mm or bigger....maybe even 70mm. but 64 with no gear and a hand launcher? Yeesh!
          When the F-8 first came out I was initially interested because of the low price but after realizing that I would end up having to upgrade the EDF to a 12 blade because I cant stand the sound of 5 blades and the adding the gear because I don't like to hand launch I decided it would be a better investment for me to just put that money towards a 70mm EDF instead.

I do agree that the the market needed some new fresh cheap EDFs but for me a 12 blade 70mm with retracts is the ideal fit for me. I hope they come out with some new 70mm jets.

Comment

Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
            I do!! lol

I'm so thrilled the F-105 is selling well. As you know, I've been beating the drum for the RC industry to honor our Vietnam veterans and the aircraft they served with for several years now. You and the entire MRC/Freewing Team took that baton, put in record setting performances, and now passing it on through education with products that keep they're service and sacrifice alive for future generations. I just smile when I think of the number of F-8 and F--105s taking flight again around the world....pretty dang cool! And kids will learn about these iconic aircraft because of what you all have created. I salute you all!

Also, not to be forgotten is our fixed-wing Army Aviation troops. They need to be recognized by the RC industry in the future, examples:
            L-19 Birddog
            C-7 Caribou...with operating cargo door, paratroopers or palletized cargo with chutes...lol
            OV-1 Mohawk
            YO-3A Quiet Star
            :( Tony........Where's the OV-10 Bronco ;)
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Found some more FLRC F-105 Footage....
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67eF5g2pJfE

:):Cool::)

Comment

Originally posted by Wesnc View Post
                Found some more FLRC F-105 Footage....
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67eF5g2pJfE

:):Cool::)
                The videographer did a great job following that jet. I wonder if she'll teach me how to keep jets in frame. ;)

Comment

Nice job on the Thud.

Comment

Here's a short video recorded during Pilot Evelyn's photoshoot with a real F-105 at Edwards AFB, CA on Friday, Nov 24, 2017.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	106690Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	327.8 KB
ID:	106691
                      Pilot Evelyn and the Dynamic Duo!

Comment

Beautiful models! All three of them!

Comment

I got my order in right away when it was still 99 shipped. Nice podcast Alpha listen to the entire thing!

Comment

Again, when I preordered I looked for the optional landing gear. What’s up? :Confused:

Comment

Originally posted by Kloverzero View Post

Everyone can use a servo extension or two!! LOL
                              That turned into free shipping on another order I did Michael! How's your 104, I have not seen you post on Facebook for a while.

Victor

Comment

I was wondering when an F105 would emerge. Many companies make mini and smaller versions of planes. Maybe this will come later in a 70-90mm version. I am still patiently waiting to see a larger, properly done, "Prince of Planes" F4 Phantom...Keep 'em coming! Would also love to see a large version of a DHC3 Otter with floats!...

Comment

I was concerned with how the controls are on these first 2 parkjets, having both the ailerons and elevators moving together. In looking closer, it looks like the ailerons move very little compared to the elevator. Do you notice anything weird flying them with regards to pitch? Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
                                    I was concerned with how the controls are on these first 2 parkjets, having both the ailerons and elevators moving together. In looking closer, it looks like the ailerons move very little compared to the elevator. Do you notice anything weird flying them with regards to pitch? Thank you!
                                    I have the F8, and though the same thing. How the heck is this going to fly with everything tied together? I was initially going to separate the surfaces, and add an elevator servo. Being impatient, I went ahead and build it in the as delivered, stock configuration. Honestly, I think it flies fine this way. It does seem like an odd setup, but it works just fine. I do miss having some rudder control, but Freewing made it pretty simple to add, and I may do just that down the road.

The down side of the F8 are twofold. First issues is the intake scoop is at the bottom of the plane, is going to take damage belly landing it. I tore mine up already, but rebuilt and reinforced it. I also glued a control horn to the bottom to act as a skid. So far so good, it's holding up very well. The second issue is the glue together construction. If you do crash and break the vertical stabilizer for example, you'd have to replace the entire airframe. You can't just unscrew it, and put on a new part, as it's all glued together. IMHO, these issue are not huge, and it looks like the first one is being addressed in the F-105, as they've added belly protection.

The F8 is my first EDF, and I'll likely get this one too. They remind me of my FMS 800mm warbirds a bit. Inexpensive, simple, fun to fly and you can get more than one is a small car.
                                    I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you, there ain't nothing in the world I hate more than that elephant under my ass.

-Officer John Wintergreen-
                                    ElectraGlide in Blue, 1973

Comment

I ordered the F105 and it is perfect size parkflyer. I do have Freewing F86 Sabre 64mm parkflyer as well so the F105 is a nice addition. I have a 10 , 2200mAh 3S LiPO that I am going to try since I have a bunch them I use in my E-flite P47D Thunderbolt and a Timber. I do have some 1800mAh 3S LiPOs for my F86 that I try as well but I only have four of them.

Comment

Comment

Thank you to everyone for making the F-105D one of our fastest Pre-Orders! We're almost out already, which is mind boggling.

Boots, the F-105D flies straight and true, without any pitch problems. Flite Test's video shows the model off well. On their maiden, they comment how stable it is in pitch, and the chase video from their camera drone shows the F-105D up close in flight.

Suffice to say the model is stable enough to get low enough to the ground while inverted to take that photo we posted.
                                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
                                          X