Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So...if these 64mm jets sell well, which the F-8 did.....it helps justify a larger version in the future. Needless to say, I just bought three 64mm F-105s and custom schemes selected. ;)

Comment

Ordered early this morning...

Here's another good podcast from RC Afterhours about the F-105 and 64mm EDFs in general.
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
        I'm sure I'll be saying this often, but for all you "Big Bird" lovers, don't worry. Just because the 64mm F-8 sold twice as fast as the 80mm A-4, 80mm Avanti, and twin 80mm A-10 doesn't mean we'll ever stop making big birds. The parkjets are intended to 1) be operable in winter conditions, 2) cater to an entirely different crowd than existing big EDF pilots. The crowd of people wanting to fly their first EDF is far larger than the crowd flying big, advanced EDFs. Help us spread the word to that larger crowd that there are modern, affordable 64mm EDF options as a cost effective stepping stone into the wider world of Bigger/Faster/Costlier. :) The more, the merrier :)

Thanks!
        Alpha,

I remember being one of those guys starting with my first 64mm EDF J-Power F-4 that I paid over $200 for. So although I fly the "Big Birds" now, I think it's great you're bringing some very nice 64mms to market at an unbelievable price. I agree, let's build up the EDF crowd...that in the long run keeps us strong. Plus, as we've seen with other aircraft, we know the smaller ones are a good marketability test for you all to determine what will be a good ROI to scale up.

Finally, thanks for bringing these rarely modeled aircraft to market!

Sean

P.S. The other nice thing about the 64mms...I can fly them at my farm instead of having to drive 35 miles to fly my "Big Birds".
        Last edited by EDFjetpilot; Dec 1, 2017, 08:10 AM. Reason: Added P.S.

Comment

Agreed, Sean! So far, in the past two hours since we opened the pre-order, this bird is on afterburner. Tony, do you have a hundred hidden brothers who don't post online or something? lol

Thank you, everyone!
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Nice looking plane, but to small. I guess I’ll wait for the next project.

Comment

I didn’t see the optional landing gear anywhere when pre-ordering. Ahh the mighty THUD! I really enjoyed reading up on Mike Machat and re-introducing his incredible Aviation art to me. My love for military aviation history had me drawing and painting them when I was young, I wish I’d stayed with it. Seeing his works again, his paintings of iconic aircraft takes me back. Mike is an icon, someone to really admire. Mike should be on hobbysquawk.

Comment

Sweet choice! Two questions MRC- XT-60 connection for power like the F-8? Will you offer some kind of belly/nose protection, seeing as it comes stock as a slider? In the cart.

Comment

Hi Westsider, the XT-60 is standard now, yes.

In terms of belly protection, the F-105 incorporates a plastic plate that runs along about half of the underside of the forward fuselage. It's painted from the inside, as well, so the paint isn't scratched off from the outside.
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Thank the boys over at Flite Test for a great review and kind words on the F-105!

Comment

Thanks Mr. Claus, a pleasure doing business with you and the rest of the MRC team.
                      P.S. Need a few new aircraft emojis Santa... Oh and, still dreaming of a white (and red) Christmas:ov10 for Charlie, and a few thousand of his close friends...:bluecool

Comment

Like you Westy, I still have visions of sugar plums........um...errr........ SEA :ov10 ;)
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Here is some more backstory into Mike Machat and why we named this project after him. As much as we love to release great flying models, being able to attach them to the history of aviation so people never forget is an honor. Big thanks to Tony Accurso and Evelyn for reaching out to Mike and having him be able to be a part of this. Just amazing.

Comment

I noticed that the F-105 is $98 which means is does not qualify for free shipping, I see that the F-8 is also $98 but I could have sworn is was $99 when it first released. Not a big deal; just an observation.

Comment

the mrs. is starting to pick up on this ongoing theme of every time theres a new release theres a dip in the bank account -___- looking forward to the next one! kinda relieved this is a smaller scale aircraft haha.

Comment

I was really hoping for an 80mm + size version for this iconic beauty, but she is a THUD none the less. ;)

I got mine on order, # 285377. I still have another 12B fan & 4S motor waiting for her. SEA Colors for sure.
                                Merry Christmas to me, Merry Christmas to me, Merry Christmas to every one; and a Happy New Year :Gift::Party:

Comment

Is there any chance of getting a camoflauged 2 seat Wild weasel version?
                                  I'd like to do one up like the wild weasel I worked on at the Pima Air Museum..

Comment

Very cool Motion Crew! I have five of the FMS 800mm warbirds. I love them, and was sad to see them slowly being phased out. I picked up the F8 when it came out, and it is much like flying the 800's. Easy to hand launch, fun to fly, and makes a great belly lander in the grass. I'm super pleased to see that the Thunderchief has some belly skid protection. The lack of it on my F8 was the only complaint I had, but I modded it and added my own.

I know there are a ton of guys that want big, expensive, powerful super scale jets, but unfortunately I'm not on that list. I love my 800's, and now I'm sure I'll be adding more 64's to my hangar...
                                    I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you, there ain't nothing in the world I hate more than that elephant under my ass.

-Officer John Wintergreen-
                                    ElectraGlide in Blue, 1973

Comment

AWESOME!!!!! Thankyou Alpha you've done it again:Cool: I am so excited :)

Comment

grew up on Long Island in the 50's a few miles from Republic Aviation - we had "Thuds" flying over our house almost every day - made we want to join the AF and fly fighters - never flew the 105 but flew F-4 and 16s.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                          Tony, do you have a hundred hidden brothers who don't post online or something? lol

Thank you, everyone!
                                          I do!! lol

I'm so thrilled the F-105 is selling well. As you know, I've been beating the drum for the RC industry to honor our Vietnam veterans and the aircraft they served with for several years now. You and the entire MRC/Freewing Team took that baton, put in record setting performances, and now passing it on through education with products that keep they're service and sacrifice alive for future generations. I just smile when I think of the number of F-8 and F--105s taking flight again around the world....pretty dang cool! And kids will learn about these iconic aircraft because of what you all have created. I salute you all!

Also, not to be forgotten is our fixed-wing Army Aviation troops. They need to be recognized by the RC industry in the future, examples:
                                          L-19 Birddog
                                          C-7 Caribou...with operating cargo door, paratroopers or palletized cargo with chutes...lol
                                          OV-1 Mohawk
                                          YO-3A Quiet Star

Comment

Working...
                                          X