X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tripod View Post
    Has anyone changed the Freewing F-105 Thud to a separate elevator and airelon servos and also added a rudder servo?
    I was talking to a guy who flew F-100's in Viet Nam. He said that the rudder pedals were just a place to rest your feet. The first time he tried flying a small civilian airplane he almost ran off the runway because he had never had to use the rudder before.

Comment

• I noticed they offered the Admiral RX600 SP 6 channel receiver with stability plus Gyro as a receiver for the F-105 "Thud". Does any one know if the self leveling will work on "Thud"? If so, then how do you set it up ? I just received my F-105 today! It is going to be my Fathers day present.

Comment

• I’’ve got that receiver in mine, hopefully I’’ll be able to maiden it tonight.

Comment

• Hey "Warbird Lover" , let me know how the stabilization works (if it works).

Comment

• Will do!

Comment

• I have rx 600 in mine with functions set to off/stabilize(no self level). I had to turn the roll gain way down to eliminate a high speed oscillation. I ended up turning the gain to midpoint for launch then switch stabilization off once she gets "on step". In any wind, with the gain below the high speed oscillation she will wobble randomly in roll. I feel that the servos are not fast enough to get the locked in feel i want. In this plane and my f8 the stabilization doesnt act like it does in my other aircraft. Stabilizer really helps on launch though. It gives you all the time you need to get back on the sticks.
              Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• Thanks for the info CFIT Rob, it's much appreciated.

Comment

• Well my maiden did not go well, a hand toss right into the water on the runway. Watch all 13 seconds of the video. The motor does not work, I'll try it again once I know it is dried out.

Comment

• :(

Comment

• Nothing wrong with your plane.... just saying.

Comment

• Needed a much more aggressive throw I think. When pilot Robert Petrinčič did his he really gave it a heavy rip into the sky

Comment

• Hey Gang,I'm having trouble setting up my F-105 to the Admiral RX600SP receiver and my DX8 TX. I understand I plug one servo into the Ailerons and the other servo to the Elevator. Do I set up the receiver for Normal, Delta, V-tail or Flaperon? And when I'm setting up my DX8, Which wing type do I use and then how do I set the mix? I'm sorry,I'm lost on this stuff.I tried finding info on the internet,but nothing specific turns up. HELP!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tripod View Post
                            Hey Gang,I'm having trouble setting up my F-105 to the Admiral RX600SP receiver and my DX8 TX. I understand I plug one servo into the Ailerons and the other servo to the Elevator. Do I set up the receiver for Normal, Delta, V-tail or Flaperon? And when I'm setting up my DX8, Which wing type do I use and then how do I set the mix? I'm sorry,I'm lost on this stuff.I tried finding info on the internet,but nothing specific turns up. HELP!!!!!!
                            I leave the receiver set to normal and choose elevon in the radio.
                            TiredIron Aviation
                            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• On the DX8 set up the plane as Delta. If the control surfaces don't move correctly the first time, try switching the plugs into the RX. If that doesn't work, try reversing switches in the TX. Sometimes you have to play with it until you get it right.
                              Pat

Comment

• Thanks Ron & Pat,I'll try those suggestions.Should I use servo reversers instead of reversing them on the transmittor?I heard if you reverse the TX it could keep the gyros and auto leveling from working. Any thoughts???

Comment

• I don't know I've put in a new motor fan unit but it doesn't seem to have a lot of thrust. Maybe after months of messing around since something shot through my fan on the first toss I'll get to maiden it.

Have tried two replacement fans without any success couldn't get the fan adapter tight enough. This is the last chance then I'm tossing it in the trash. I'm just really frustrated with it with all the change I've spent trying to get at least one flight I'd almost have enough for a 70mm edf.

Jeff...::Smug:

Comment

• I could not leave good enough alone on mine. Installed a 12 blade which made it heavier. Then I go with a 4S 2200 70C. Heavier yet. So now it feels like a brick. In fact, it is a brick- Lol
                                    Need a good breeze to get her airborne. Toss it like a quarterback. And then hope. Even on a 30-40 degree upwards toss it will descend just over ground level. Then I get her climbing and on step. Once I’m in the pattern, flies okay.

But I should have just flown her right out of the box before attempting to make her faster.

Regrets.....
                                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Filming a tutorial video and this is the result. Stay tuned for the video itself next month. The 3DPUP files (rear fuse inlet blisters, pilot, and beacons) will be gradually uploaded over the next week or so. Attached first are two of them.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20181022_053617.jpg Views:	1 Size:	113.2 KB ID:	157514Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20181020_042749.jpg Views:	1 Size:	78.4 KB ID:	157513
                                      Attached Files
                                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by SeeMeDo View Post
                                        I don't know I've put in a new motor fan unit but it doesn't seem to have a lot of thrust. Maybe after months of messing around since something shot through my fan on the first toss I'll get to maiden it.

Have tried two replacement fans without any success couldn't get the fan adapter tight enough. This is the last chance then I'm tossing it in the trash. I'm just really frustrated with it with all the change I've spent trying to get at least one flight I'd almost have enough for a 70mm edf.

Jeff...::Smug:
                                        This is exactly why I concluded that the 64mm jets were just not worth it for me. I rather put the cost of the plane and all the upgrades I know I would end up doing towards a better 70mm - 80mm EDF.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeeMeDo View Post
                                          I don't know I've put in a new motor fan unit but it doesn't seem to have a lot of thrust.
                                          Did you calibrate the ESC?
                                          TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                          X