X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys!

I wasn't able to get out and fly mine, but I did make an Unboxing video for those of you that do not yet own one.

Comment

• Happy with my successful Rog 12 blade 4's Maiden!

Comment

• First two flights on mine yesterday ... VERY nice little flyer IMO!

Comment

• Nice!
          Pat

Comment

• Finally had the right day to maiden the 105. Chl 1800 30c batts,lemon stabilized rx(not the plus version)remote gain,CG per manual,throws per manual, a few clicks of up trim, Zero wind speed. Firm toss not quite flat (15-20degree up). Without a head wind it sinks some before it gets up to speed. Even a perfect level toss the sink is at worst two feet. Any headwind helps eliminate the sink. Launches just like the f8. Roll can be twitchy (going to reduce throw to low rate,keep ELE on high). Overall it flies well,6flights so far. Very much like the f8. Landing was uneventfull. The plastic skidplate works perfectly. Cant recommend a stabilized rx enough. Makes launch predictable whatever the conditions. Gives you an extra few seconds to get back to the stick. Will be buying whatever the next offering is (unless its a fiat,even a momma cant love that one).
            Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• We finally got some good flying weather after months of rain and wind. Here is the first video of two from today to share with everyone! It was so nice to spend the day with my friends at two different locations on a in sunny day in Western Washington.

Comment

• Thanks for posting your reviews and sharing your videos, guys! Much appreciated!

Is anyone going to repaint theirs in SEA camo?
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Mine is too pretty to consider repainting it. Maybe after a crash lol

Comment

• I love this jet!

Comment

• Originally posted by GBLynden View Post
                      Mine is too pretty to consider repainting it. Maybe after a crash lol
                      Maybe a Vietnam era camo paint scheme if you decide to repaint it.

Tony

Comment

• Originally posted by the snake View Post
                        Happy with my successful Rog 12 blade 4's Maiden!
                        I loved the sound of the upgraded 12 blade setup. That and the added landing gear gave me new hope for these 64mm jets.
                        If MRC ever did a 64mm of a AJS-37 Viggen or something else that would interest me I would buy one with out hesitation.

Comment

• GB's Freewing F105 from Motion RC, Radar runs!

Comment

• I feeble launched today, and swished/bent the nose cone. I've managed to pull it back into general shape but now it's a got a few divots/dimples. Is there a filler I can use? Or I was thinking to put a light wrap of fiberglass around the whole thing. Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aviron View Post
                              I feeble launched today, and swished/bent the nose cone. I've managed to pull it back into general shape but now it's a got a few divots/dimples. Is there a filler I can use? Or I was thinking to put a light wrap of fiberglass around the whole thing. Thoughts?
                              Use Beacon Foam Finish. ;)
                              Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Its a nice looking model and is quite stable. However the bench tested thrust stated in the manual as 750g is much reduced when installed in the airframe and drops to something like 300g!
                                I suspected the cheater holes, which look far too small. Once opened out to twice their original size, I get about 500g thrust on a decent 35C Overlander 1300. It also helps to keep the weight down
                                with a smaller battery, so that thrust to weight is nearly 1:1. Flight time is about 3.5mins.

Comment

• Has anyone changed the Freewing F-105 Thud to a separate elevator and airelon servos and also added a rudder servo?

Comment

• Just hardly isn't much use for a rudder on a jet this size unless you add steerable landing gear, too.

I have the Crusader and use taileron only and it flys just right.

Comment

• I've never flown using taileron before.Is it much different than using ailerons, elevator and rudder? Instead of "Taileron" maybe it should be called "Elerons" or "Elevalerons". Just saying.

Comment

• A taileron control system will not really seem that much different vs elevator and ailerons, if its set up right.

The deflection angles needed vary based on moveable surface area compared to fixed area and distance of the control surface vs axis of rotation through the CG and a few other factors.

Flying at speed reasonably above stall you won't notice much if any difference in how your inputs affect the airplane. Near stall you may find some taileron setups lack enough control surface area for what you want to do. (just as if you had small control surfaces on a trainer and wanted to try 3D maneuvers)
                                        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• I was going to go with just taileron control. The flight reports indicating the model was very roll sensitive, as you have all control surfaces involved in roll, but then cancelling pitch. I instead added aileron servos in the wings and replaced one of the existing servos with a reverse servo and Y-connector for elevator control. Just personal preference for me, I’m sure it flies fine with the stock setup.

Comment

Working...
                                          X