Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rlcamden
    replied
    What is the recommended blade count for the 8s setup? I started with the 6s 9-blade inrunner setup, but converted to the 8s 12-blade inrunner. Was wondering if changing the 12 to the 9 and keeping it 8s. Still sluggish on grass field take off.

Leave a comment:

• locharrow
    replied
    Today....not a cloud in the sky...no dogs ...no footballers. I'm so used to overcast skies or dusk flights that for half the flight I had only a sillyet...siluette...sliuete ..a dark shape in the sky and searching my memory for what my previous move was!! Pretty scary at times but made it back for a veeerry smooth touchdown.

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Wiedman
    replied
    Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Oh that poor F-18, what's up with that ugly yellow/ grey F-16? Not my cup of tea for a paint scheme.
    Believe it or not, the Black Aces Super Hornet sustained very little damage and was flown again shortly thereafter, this time without the turbine flame out but missing a few parts from the undercarriage. And the F-16 scheme, definitely ugly, but the pilot is a regular at Top Gun and flies it so well it's maddening! Give me a couple weeks and some spray cans to make it look respectable!

Leave a comment:

• PRAYER3290
    replied
    Cool

Leave a comment:

• Robbie9859901
    replied
    Not as many people here, but we have smokey Montana skies. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebQiFGKiPYc&t=188s

Leave a comment:

• DCORSAIR
    replied
    Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
    Got out today along with about 40 other guys at our field, all of them flying large scale and turbine. First decent weather in a long time and of course it had to be on the weekend. Was only able to sneak about 4 flights in on my F-4 since the pattern was usually full! Fernando, of RC Chaser videos snuck my "little" F-4 in on his video anyway. He was hoping I was taking the Mig or the F-18 Tiger out but we had a stiff crosswind and way too many large turbines to contend with so some other time. The F-4 flight is around 4:20 on the video. Not one of my better landings as I was rushing to get out of the way with 4 others in the air and 3 guys who ignored my call for landing and started to get out on the runway, but she still lives to fly another day. I really like this F-4 with the 12 blade inrunner and an SMC 6200 40 C, gives me over 4:00 of flight time.
    Oh that poor F-18, what's up with that ugly yellow/ grey F-16? Not my cup of tea for a paint scheme.

Leave a comment:

• Hugh Wiedman
    replied
    Got out today along with about 40 other guys at our field, all of them flying large scale and turbine. First decent weather in a long time and of course it had to be on the weekend. Was only able to sneak about 4 flights in on my F-4 since the pattern was usually full! Fernando, of RC Chaser videos snuck my "little" F-4 in on his video anyway. He was hoping I was taking the Mig or the F-18 Tiger out but we had a stiff crosswind and way too many large turbines to contend with so some other time. The F-4 flight is around 4:20 on the video. Not one of my better landings as I was rushing to get out of the way with 4 others in the air and 3 guys who ignored my call for landing and started to get out on the runway, but she still lives to fly another day. I really like this F-4 with the 12 blade inrunner and an SMC 6200 40 C, gives me over 4:00 of flight time.

Leave a comment:

• davegee
    replied
    Originally posted by locharrow View Post
    "and the sun "almost" broke out a little amongst the low and dark clouds." That's a nice summer day in Scotland Dave !
    You know, locharrow, the weather and low clouds and the sun peeking through around sunset and the hills is exactly how it felt sometimes on some vacations in Scotland. I remember once we drove to spend the night in Drumnadrochit, before taking a boat tour on Loch Ness to try to find "Nessie" the next day. It was beautiful, just like last night. If only I had had my rc airplanes to fly, too! (LOL)

Leave a comment:

• davegee
    replied
    Originally posted by SanExup View Post
    It looks so good Dave! It sounds like a great evening! And Wyoming weather doesn't disappoint, it always seems to provide a reminder that change is the only constant.
    At least for a short period last evening, everything lined up, including the weather, and it was a very beautiful, peaceful moment. I don't savor times like this enough.

Leave a comment:

• locharrow
    replied
    "and the sun "almost" broke out a little amongst the low and dark clouds." That's a nice summer day in Scotland Dave !

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    It looks so good Dave! It sounds like a great evening! And Wyoming weather doesn't disappoint, it always seems to provide a reminder that change is the only constant.

Leave a comment:

• davegee
    replied
    We've been getting a lot of rain the past day or two up here in northwestern Wyoming. Not that I am complaining! We value every drop of moisture we can get in this deserty environment. But this evening, the rain relented, and the sun "almost" broke out a little amongst the low and dark clouds. I took the opportunity to take my T-33 and F-4 out for a couple of flights before it got dark. A little wet on the runway, a very slight crosswind, but just beautiful weather to have a dusk flight or two. At this field, it is usually empty, and totally quiet. A very relaxing time flying these Click image for larger version  Name:	evening Phanotm flight.jpg Views:	0 Size:	171.2 KB ID:	322531Click image for larger version  Name:	2nd evening Phantom photo.jpg Views:	0 Size:	177.0 KB ID:	322532 two planes, and they flew as well as they ever have for me. Rock solid with smooth as silk air. I'm really getting the hang of the F-4 now, and the simulated afterburners in these sky conditions were really cool. Made one of my better landings, fairly nice rollout, and applying the brakes to a stop. Still gotta work on that a bit, but things came out ok tonight.

Leave a comment:

• locharrow
    replied
    Originally posted by Daryl View Post
    In that case, hopefully your flight deck is fod free soon :)
    Wont be the end of crap landings !

Leave a comment:

• Daryl
    replied
    In that case, hopefully your flight deck is fod free soon :)

Leave a comment:

• locharrow
    replied
    Originally posted by Daryl View Post
    No offence, but it sounds like you are flying where you shouldn't be...
    When I started flying there a local councillor was encouraging me to form a club but that is quite impossible in my area as there is little or no interest in r/c flying,
    If I have the intelligence not take off if anyone is on the park in the interest of their safety surely they, mostly dog owners, should have that same interest sufficient to stay off it for a few minutes till I landed...but sadly no.

Hopefully we should soon be rid of them because the football teams are now complaining about the dog on the pitches!

Leave a comment:

• Daryl
    replied
    No offence, but it sounds like you are flying where you shouldn't be...

Leave a comment:

• locharrow
    replied
    Another idiot dog owner ... this one decided to let his dog off the leash while I was airborne and play with it right under the approach to my now narrow "runway". as unfortunately I'd left the tyres out again.

Are dog owners inherently stupid or am I just expecting too much ??????????

Leave a comment:

• locharrow
    replied
    Great flying weather.......been out most afternoons and evenings. Nav lights great on approach in the dusk. Have to look for my wee camera to get some vids to post. Been flying inverted a lot and the gyro is a great help....High alpha short landings coming along nicely, even left tyres and nets up that the footballers use just to test the metal !!

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    We fly at a special use county park. Signs all over no dogs, no spectators past this point etc... Along with people thinking anyone can fly any thing any where they want we get the occasional quad or dirt bike even trucks tearing up the field. We have also had the occasional dog walker too, one was walking straight down the paved runway while we flew. Asked to please get off the runway he started a long cussing tirade about he pays his taxes...

Leave a comment:

• davegee
    replied
    Originally posted by locharrow View Post
    Went down to the field yesterday evening to try out a set up for h/a landing that I might use on a shorter field. Higher stab input mixed to full flaps and at a third power input. Park was empty. Tried it three mistakes high and it was going well, sinking veeerrry nicely with no vices. Time for the real thing...a dog walker passes on the path at the side, not a problem. I'm concentrating like hell on the F4 sink rate down to about twenty feet and looked round to check where I wanted to put it down only to see this idiot and his dog right in the path of the plane, I increased power and screamed obscenities at him and his dog who was now running up to me. I screamed at him ..and I mean screamed... to get his dog off me and get back on the path where he should be.
    Landed OK but not the way I planned. Man I was furious, I collared him again at the car park and asked him what the did he think he was doing. He muttered something then disappeared into the trees looking for his dog. It's along time since I have used so many obscenities but honestly...it was deserved!! Hopefully I will calm down to my usual good natured self ............
    I hear 'ya!! I fly at a long standing flying field that has been around in one form or another for decades, I'm told. It is on Bureau of Rec. land, so people come to walk their dogs, or whatever on the fairly large piece of land. When I land to the east on the east-west strip, which is my preference, sometimes there is someone walking their dog or just standing right under the flight path that I am using coming in to land. I haven't had to yell at anyone yet, but it amazes me that they would just stand directly under the path gawking where a fast moving plane is operating. A foamie might not kill you if it hits you at high speed if it goes out of control, but would certainly leave a mark!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X