Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm currently working in a speed brakes system for the p.15, and was wondering if anybody has done any similar mods and has any tips. Thanks.

Comment

• averymiller514 No but speed brakes sound cool for the p.15! Are you going to be using a servo or servos?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
        Now that you mention this, it all comes back to me now. Thrust angle of the exhaust tube right through to the nozzle opening was directing the air DOWN. A few owners, myself included, reamed out a bunch of foam at the top of the exhaust opening to direct more of the exhaust upward, thus helping to push the tail down. I also added a clear piece of overhead projector film to the bottom half of the exhaust opening to prevent air from going down. It looked a bit like an upside down baseball cap beak. This virtually eliminated the dive upon sudden full throttle application.
        Hey....I just got one of these, and my first 2 takeoff attempts went straight to Mother Earth ...

Could you possibly post some photos of what your exhaust now looks like?

Comment

• Jungol Unfortunately xviper is on a hiatus from hobby squawk. Let's hope it is just a pause. He's a good guy and always has had helpful information.

I think you read my post about needing a little up elevator on handlaunch? I programmed my flap switch to give me a touch of up. The thickness of the trailing edge of the elevon. It helps tremendously, and/or a receiver with a gyro that has a self leveling or safe function works well too.

With the slight up elevator, I go full throttle, and throw it like a paper airplane but with some force, slightly above the horizon.

Comment

• Thanks man.... there are a few things that I realize that I need to tune up....such as CG, adjusting the gain on my gyro....and how to program mixes ..I was reading that full throttle can affect nose dips as well.... which is what I was applying as well as full elevator....so I will try a little less elevator.... thanks for your reply

Comment

• Originally posted by Jungol View Post
              Thanks man.... there are a few things that I realize that I need to tune up....such as CG, adjusting the gain on my gyro....and how to program mixes ..I was reading that full throttle can affect nose dips as well.... which is what I was applying as well as full elevator....so I will try a little less elevator.... thanks for your reply
              it took me a while to get it right, but the cg needs to be pushed bask as far as you and even then it'll nose down a little but thate can be trimed out.

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                averymiller514 No but speed brakes sound cool for the p.15! Are you going to be using a servo or servos?
                likely two micro servo. but the idea of splittle the trailing edge of the wing has come to my mind to.

Comment

• That would be a very cool modification!

Comment

• Hey, as some of you may know the wings for this plane are sadly hard to come by, and I broke one a couple months ago, so I've come to the conclusion that i need to find a way to 3dprint them, if any one has done this knows how, or knows somebody's that's done this let me know, I have a printer on hand with the ability to do so. thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by averymiller514 View Post
                      Hey, as some of you may know the wings for this plane are sadly hard to come by, ...
                      Looks to me like they currently have one in stock at MRC:

Freewing 64mm EDF Lippisch P.15 Main Wing Set - $30

The whole plane is also in stock.

Comment

• Originally posted by ridgerunner View Post
                        Looks to me like they currently have one in stock at MRC:

Freewing 64mm EDF Lippisch P.15 Main Wing Set - $30

The whole plane is also in stock.
                        I am aware of that, I bought a set, but I'm worried they soon will go back out and I'll need another set and I want a way to source them myself.

Comment

• Perfect blue skies and zero wind made for a good days flying in the UK .

The P15 pusher flies great,and carries the DJI easily.

Comment

Working...
                          X