X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maiden Flight Video

sorry, kept it up high while I was getting used to it and then the battery alarm went off :Drooling:before I could do any low passes

Comment

• I am a fan of the p15. Loads of fun. The only issue for me is I have to keep it close to not lose sight or orientation because of its size. I am not an artist so a brighter colored option for me would help a bit. A bigger version would be perfect, perhaps in the 70/80 mm size. Til then I will continue to have fun with the current version.
      :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Conan71 View Post
        I am a fan of the p15. Loads of fun. The only issue for me is I have to keep it close to not lose sight or orientation because of its size. I am not an artist so a brighter colored option for me would help a bit. A bigger version would be perfect, perhaps in the 70/80 mm size. Til then I will continue to have fun with the current version.
        :Cool:
        I used fluorescent pink duct tape on the wingtips (top side) and a razor blade to trim the tape to the shape of the wing. If you want more visibility, put the tape along the leading edge. Slowing it down when it starts to fly away from you makes it easier to keep it close. This thing doesn't have to be flown full blast all the time. I only give it full throttle when doing fly bys.

Comment

• Anybody have problems with batteries draining almost immediately with this jet? My battery alarm starts beeping almost as soon as let go at the launch! I tried all my 3S batteries with the same result. I ran a 1000 4s through it and got around 3 minutes of flight while not going above 1/2 throttle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dmonhellcat View Post
            Anybody have problems with batteries draining almost immediately with this jet? My battery alarm starts beeping almost as soon as let go at the launch! I tried all my 3S batteries with the same result. I ran a 1000 4s through it and got around 3 minutes of flight while not going above 1/2 throttle.
            Battery alarms are useless on high draw power systems like EDFs. As soon as you go high throttle the voltage plummets to below what an alarm considers "safe". It doesn't mean anything. If you have real time telemetry on the battery voltage, you'd see this. Once you back off the throttle and cruise, the voltage comes back up. You can even run it full throttle for 2 to 3 minutes, land and take a reading. By that time, the voltage will have come back up to normal end of flight levels. It's NOT a problem.

Comment

• I really like to give it WOT often with my 3s 1800s as it just super fun and no matter what after 5mins I get about 3.78v per cell ;)
              The 5min timer (or higher if you like to fly it slower) does really work perfect for me on the Lippisch.

Comment

• Just out of curiosity I did try to wring it out today in 5mins with many Wot climbs, loops and flybies... and I managed to get the 1800s pack down to 3.5 per cell. I never fly my batteries that low normally but it was worth it seeing how low I could go.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                  Battery alarms are useless on high draw power systems like EDFs. As soon as you go high throttle the voltage plummets to below what an alarm considers "safe". It doesn't mean anything. If you have real time telemetry on the battery voltage, you'd see this. Once you back off the throttle and cruise, the voltage comes back up. You can even run it full throttle for 2 to 3 minutes, land and take a reading. By that time, the voltage will have come back up to normal end of flight levels. It's NOT a problem.
                  I know the EDF’s are higher draw but the battery voltage drops down to 3.2 V per cell almost immediately and doesn’t go back up on any 3S that I have tried, the 2200’s seem to drain the fastest I am Going to switch out the esc and see if that makes a difference.

Comment

• Have a question I got the LIP15 as well and try to get the CG using a 1800 and a 1500 Lipo. When I put it on my CG test stand its very sensitive I tried right site up and upside down any Ideas or just go for nose heavy??

Comment

• I flew mine with an 1800 as far back as I could get it and it flew fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                        I flew mine with an 1800 as far back as I could get it and it flew fine.
                        ok thanks will try that

Comment

• Thought you guys might like this, the only period color photo I've ever seen of the Komet.

Comment

• Originally posted by worldflyer View Post
                            Have a question I got the LIP15 as well and try to get the CG using a 1800 and a 1500 Lipo. When I put it on my CG test stand its very sensitive I tried right site up and upside down any Ideas or just go for nose heavy??
                            I just use my fingertips to get it to balance like always with my 1800. I can't remember the exact placement due to using a wide variety of packs in mine, but it is always easy to achieve a nice neutral CG using the panel line as reference.

Comment

• The P.15 is my goto plane. What ever else I bring to the field I always bring it. I have put "hockey florescent orange stick tape" on the bottom, the wing leading edges, and the ruder leading edge. I run the admiral 3s 2200 in it. I compress the foam a bit on the sides to get cg. I'm getting about 5 minute flight times with mixed throttle. It is such a performer. I fly at Apollo field. There are about 10 of them at the field total. I'm hoping that we can get them all together for a photo op and a video some time.
                              I've been practicing inverted and it is very stable. I also found that it does a great outside loop. I just can't say enough about this plane.

Comment

• Hi,

does anyone can give me the amount of profile reflex build in the kit. Flaps should be straight for this.
                                Should anyone have photo made from the rear so I can see when the reflex starts, that would be even better.

That would help me a lot for my project.

Thank you in advance

Hanse

Comment

• Originally posted by hansemann View Post
                                  Hi,

does anyone can give me the amount of profile reflex build in the kit. Flaps should be straight for this.
                                  Should anyone have photo made from the rear so I can see when the reflex starts, that would be even better.

That would help me a lot for my project.

Thank you in advance

Hanse
                                  Are you talking about the small amount of "UP" elevator that you can dial in for a smoother hand launch? The elevons are set up even (or level with the wing root) for normal flight. The "reflex" is programmed to be activated and deactivated by a switch. In my case, I use the gear switch. You do NOT want to "build" in reflex as a permanent feature. It is only for the launch and after the plane begins to fly and climb, you switch it off, then trim the plane. How much reflex you program in depends on your throwing style and can be adjusted after you try it once or twice. Building in permanent reflex on this plane will make it climb aggressively during normal flight. In the following video, near the beginning at 0.04, you see me throw the switch to give some reflex in preparation for launch. Before this, you see what it looks like normally.

PS, there are no "flaps" on this plane.

Comment

• Just setting up a PNP p.15 bought early December. I was afraid I programmed the Esc accidentally while getting the throttle ranges set. I tried to use the reference to the Freewing ESC instructions listed on the web-site and discovered discovered it didn’t not correspond to the Esc that came with the plane. Motion RC customer help QUICKLY pointed me to the FlightLine 30 amp ESC and a really helpful video found on the 850mm P-51D product description. I was then easily able to set the ESC to the factory defaults. yea ! https://www.motionrc.com/products/fl...ctor#video-tab

Comment

• Hey gents! I have a pretty interesting idea for my Lip. I love the plane but wish it was bigger. So I decided to buy the wings of the FlightLine Focke Wulf and try to attach them. It would make it more of an "acrobatic glider" with about a 55" wingspan. I should be attempting this during the weekend. I will post pics if all goes well. I also had a question about cameras and CG. I want to put a RunCam 2 in the cockpit but it seems to be a bit heavy. Has anyone put cameras (that arent FPV) on the Lip? If so, where is the "safest" spot to avoid CG issues?

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyGonz View Post
                                        Hey gents! I have a pretty interesting idea for my Lip. I love the plane but wish it was bigger. So I decided to buy the wings of the FlightLine Focke Wulf and try to attach them. It would make it more of an "acrobatic glider" with about a 55" wingspan. I should be attempting this during the weekend. I will post pics if all goes well. I also had a question about cameras and CG. I want to put a RunCam 2 in the cockpit but it seems to be a bit heavy. Has anyone put cameras (that arent FPV) on the Lip? If so, where is the "safest" spot to avoid CG issues?
                                        Hey FlyGonz welcome to hobbysquawk! I absolutely love my Lippisch but I also have a flightline FW-190 1200 and the 850 Dora (are we talking about the dora?) A. I am not sure how you would begin to attach those to a Lippisch body without butchering the one-piece wing. B. I doubt the 3s 64mm Lippisch power system can carry all that extra weight. I wouldn't bother trying to attach a runcam until your proof of concept works and she flies without it.

Either way, I wish you all the best and would of course absolutely love to see pics and video of it!

Comment

• Here it is boys! Light as a feather and ready for a test flight. I will let you guys know how she flies and maybe even post a viedo.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X