Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exactly

Comment

• I really love flying this airplane. If I only bring 1 to the field, this is the one. Great flyer, plenty of excitement, and really fun for aerobatics. I'm running the stock set up on 3s 2200ma batteries. I'm still flying it on the low rates suggested by the book. I just don't need a higher roll rate than that. It does a great outside loop. So much fun to fly, and so quick. Thank you MRC.

Comment

• I love this airplane! May I humbly suggest a HO229 for the next in the series?

Comment

• Alpha, Any chance you could share photos of your Japanese scheme p15, from the glimpse in the tirediron tribute, it looked awesome!!! :)

Comment

• I haven't flown it yet because I had a heart attack while working on it 5 days ago. No reflection on the planes assembly, you understand. I repainted it with a less brilliant camo. I'm setting the rates really low at first. I'm supposed to ease back into any excitement. Yes, HO 229!!!! Please! Doc

Comment

• Oh man!:Scared:. Still glad you're with us. And yes take it easy for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by doctormike View Post
                I haven't flown it yet because I had a heart attack while working on it 5 days ago. No reflection on the planes assembly, you understand. I repainted it with a less brilliant camo. I'm setting the rates really low at first. I'm supposed to ease back into any excitement. Yes, HO 229!!!! Please! Doc
                Glad you are able to write about it!!! Wow... Take care and heal. Prayers going up for you!!!

Comment

• Thanks, guys. Where is Willow Park? I'm from Denton Tx. Doc

Comment

Thanks, guys. Where is Willow Park? I'm from Denton Tx. Doc
                    Hey!!! Willow Park is west of Fort Worth off I-20W headed to Abilene... About 26 miles out from Fort Worth. We are a mile from Lake Weatherford. Glad you are doing better!!!! Blessings!!

Comment

• I am about 125 miles south

Comment

• I'm happy to join the P.15 owners with my very first EDF and plane from Freewing/MotionRC.

I did order my P.15 together with the Admiral RX600SP but also got an AR6600T to use if needed.
                        I'm currently not sure if I should set up the plane with the RX600SP since it should be placed level near the CG and my 1300 and 1800 packs are rather long (the 1800 pack is 110mm).
                        Is somebody using the RX600SP with gyro enabled without gluing a piece of foam/wood into the plane?

Thanks

Dave

Comment

• I had to glue a piece of 1/8" plywood back near the cg and above the battery. The battery fits just fine. The RX sits where I can just reach the gain controls with a small, long screw driver that I made. The RX is just a small bit ahead of the CG, which is OK. Doc

Comment

I had to glue a piece of 1/8" plywood back near the cg and above the battery. The battery fits just fine. The RX sits where I can just reach the gain controls with a small, long screw driver that I made. The RX is just a small bit ahead of the CG, which is OK. Doc
                            Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by McLogo View Post

Thanks!
                              Welcome McLogo!!! Glad you are on board here!! Good guys and gals for sure!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Welcome McLogo!!! Glad you are on board here!! Good guys and gals for sure!!
                                Thank you sir! :Cool:

I did my maiden flight today with a normal AR6600T and wow! This bird is amazing!
                                Used 35C 1800 nvision packs and had a friend from my club launch the untrimmed bird the first time.
                                I used a launch mode that gives me +1.5mm elevator and high rates (low rates of the manual) and I also used a throttle/elevator mix that I had seen in this thread that gave me also +elevator.

The first launch went perfect and I could trim everything but at full throttle it really climbs a lot. I did then try to hand launch it myself on the 2nd flight but threw it so badly that it flipped upside down... luckily I could easily recover it and climb inverted :Whew:LOL. On full throttle it would still climb a lot even after using have of the input in the throttle/elevator mix.
                                So on the third flight the launch was already almost good and reversing the throttle/elevator mix to give me 2% - elevator keeps the plan almost level when going full beans.
                                The 4th flight was a really nice launch (figured it out how to trow it finally :D) and just a pleasure to fly... this bird just looks awesome during flight and is amazing slow or fast.

This is my first EDF plane and I'm super happy with it :Cool:

Great job Freewing/MotionrRC, I love the P.15!

Comment

• Originally posted by McLogo View Post

Thank you sir! :Cool:

I did my maiden flight today with a normal AR6600T and wow! This bird is amazing!
                                  Used 35C 1800 nvision packs and had a friend from my club launch the untrimmed bird the first time.
                                  I used a launch mode that gives me +1.5mm elevator and high rates (low rates of the manual) and I also used a throttle/elevator mix that I had seen in this thread that gave me also +elevator.

The first launch went perfect and I could trim everything but at full throttle it really climbs a lot. I did then try to hand launch it myself on the 2nd flight but threw it so badly that it flipped upside down... luckily I could easily recover it and climb inverted :Whew:LOL. On full throttle it would still climb a lot even after using have of the input in the throttle/elevator mix.
                                  So on the third flight the launch was already almost good and reversing the throttle/elevator mix to give me 2% - elevator keeps the plan almost level when going full beans.
                                  The 4th flight was a really nice launch (figured it out how to trow it finally :D) and just a pleasure to fly... this bird just looks awesome during flight and is amazing slow or fast.

This is my first EDF plane and I'm super happy with it :Cool:

Great job Freewing/MotionrRC, I love the P.15!
                                  Congrats!!! Glad it all worked out. Many more happy flights to you!!!! :Cool:

Comment

• I just love the P15 but had to make some color changes since there is quite a lot of green in the background at my airfield.
                                    This is still work in progress.

Comment

• I always forget how quick and fun this is until I get it into the air. I flew mine last Sunday through wildfire smoke!

Comment

• Ready to fly again.

Comment

• Finally threw mine together.Stock power system, Turnigy Graphene, 1300 3S, Admiral 6 channel stabilizing receiver with "recovery" along with some up elevon set up on a switch for launch, and two more flight modes for cruise speed and high speed. Just have to position the receiver and check the CG in the morning and I hope to get the maiden flight in tomorrow. Painted some yellow to help with orientation, cause I've got old eyes and, OMG this thing is tiny!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0049.JPG
Views:	523
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	149505
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X