Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine has shipped!!! I have a lot of 3S 2200, so I am wondering how piggy it will fly with the larger size battery?

Comment

Ha, there is room to move it back to hit cg. It will be fine, just fast. Oink oink

Comment

I don't mind a little faster and a higher wind load. Plus the climb may suffer, but as long as the CG is good, it sounds like it should be fine. Again, I like fast!

Comment

Mine arrived today. It took about twice as long to get it out of the box, as it did to put it together!! (That's MRC's terrific packaging for you) I had about 12 inches of space on my workbench so, no problem. I just needed to move the bombs out of the way!
          Perfect!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180312_175835.jpg Views:	1 Size:	137.3 KB ID:	122620 .
          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

This looks like a quick build. Can't wait.

Comment

It arrived today! Super fast shipping!! In great shape. No time available to build today..... :P

Comment

A cup of coffee and an hour in the AM and she will be ready to fly, gyro and all!!

Comment

Got the P-15 today, took about 15 minutes to put it together including installing the Admiral 6ch receiver and setting up the radio, after the Foam-Tac cured a couple hours I took it out and flew it. I really like my F-8 and F-105 but the P-15 is a whole different story...it is crazy fast and stable but be careful doing rolls on high rate as it's hard to see when it gets out there. To help with orientation I repainted it in a fantasy livery and added some leftover decals, I did the underside in flat gray and just masked over the factory decals.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180312_215524062_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	182.2 KB ID:	122643

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_22022.jpg
Views:	810
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	122640

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180312_215959807_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	158.6 KB ID:	122642

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180312_215920482_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	184.3 KB ID:	122644

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180312_215839477_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	181.4 KB ID:	122645

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180312_220108700_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	100.5 KB ID:	122639

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180312_215743599_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	121.2 KB ID:	122638

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180312_223135123_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	89.5 KB ID:	122637

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180312_223845398_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	120.4 KB ID:	122641
                  TiredIron Aviation
                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Nice....JG26 at the Tiger meet!

Comment

Some more ideas...

Comment

Mine will be here tomorrow, for those that have it can you answer a question for me?

Are the two wing servos Y'ed together and then plugged into the elevator or aileron spot in the receiver? I know the transmitter will get set up as a delta wing.

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                          Mine will be here tomorrow, for those that have it can you answer a question for me?

Are the two wing servos Y'ed together and then plugged into the elevator or aileron spot in the receiver? I know the transmitter will get set up as a delta wing.
                          One plugs in the aileron and the other plugs into the elevator.

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

I pulled the trigger tonight! Will order the landing gear hopefully when they come back in stock.
                            Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

A stupid little 5-minute unboxing and assembly video.

---
                              Warbirder

Comment

TiredIronGRB Love The Tiger Stripes JG26 ( 'schneller machen ) ;)

Comment

Originally posted by goosekiller1 View Post
                                  TiredIronGRB Love The Tiger Stripes JG26 ( 'schneller machen ) ;)
                                  Thanks, I really like that look, I have a HSD J-10 I plan to do the same way.
                                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Not much of a build is it?

Can't wait!!
                                    Just let me fly so I may be free

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat View Post
                                      Not much of a build is it?

Can't wait!!
                                      How much of a build? It literally takes longer to take it out of the box!! :)

You insert the CF tube. Then apply glue to the wing, insert the connector wire, and stick the wing on. Then glue the other wing, insert the wire, and stick it on. Then glue the rudder on.
                                      I just inserted the antenna (didn't glue that) and pooof ... done.. There are only 5 pieces including the antenna and fuselage. Super-easy.

Actually it took me longer to get the wires into the channel through the fuselage, they were being a bit stubborn. That increased my build time (and blood pressure) by 83%., but I got over it.
                                      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

There was a Belgian F104 that was painted like TI's model. It was saved for a museum. I've always liked this scheme and I painted my F-104 this way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ntm78-7.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	122757

Comment

Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                                          There was a Belgian F104 that was painted like TI's model. It was saved for a museum. I've always liked this scheme and I painted my F-104 this way.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ntm78-7.jpg Views:	1 Size:	47.9 KB ID:	122757
                                          You know...I have a F-104:Confused: However I want to paint my J-10 like this first. It takes a while to hand paint the black stripes.
                                          TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Working...
                                          X